Latest News
  • Book Summerslam 2018 for a chance to win TEW2016! Check out the TEW2016 section.
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

• just gonna request Wrestlekingdom 11, Wrestlemania 30 and Wrestlemania 2 
    • Wrestlemania 32 as requested by @Julius01 First off, I did not watch all of this ppv in one go. I simply don’t have the time to watch 5 hours of wrestling at once, it’s just too long. This might change my reviews a bit, but I don’t think it will be that drastically.   Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs Zack Ryder vs Sin Cara vs Dolph Ziggler vs Stardust vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens: This match was cool. It wasn’t as great as any of the classic TLC Tag Team matches from back in the day but it was still fun to watch. It featured a lot of cool moments, and also displayed some storyline elements with the continuing rivalry between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. Ladders were used a lot, just like you would accept in a ladder match. The ending was a good way to start the show, with a feel good moment as Zach Ryder won the title and celebrated with his dad. The match could have been a bit longer for a ladder match in my opinion, but it does not hurt the match that much. Rating (as requested on the previous review): ***¾   AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho: Great match, better than what I remembered. The match shows both men’s talents in the ring, with amazing reversals and exchanges between them. It’s a shame that this match happend at FastLane, just a month before. I think it would have been better for the match if they would have gone with the Y2AJ thing for just a bit longer. However, the match is really fun to watch, the match starts of a bit slow but it’s not frustrating to watch. The two of them seem to have great chemistry and it helps the match. Of course, you can argue about whether or not the finish was the best decision, but it didn’t ruin my enjoyment of the match. Rating: ****   League of Nations (Rusev, Sheamus and Del Rio w/ Wade Barret) vs The New Day (Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston) The match itself wasn’t special, but it wasn’t bad either. It felt like a regular match, a bit of a downgrade from the last two matches. The match had some cool spots but ultimately felt just a bit meh to me, a cool moment would be Big E spearing to two members of the LoN through the ropes. However, this match will not be rememberd for the match itself. The segment afterwards was awesome and quite possibly one of the best moments of this wrestlemania. The LoN would say that no three men could defeat them and so outcame Shawn Micheals, Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Personally, I have never believed that these segments “bury” the wrestler involved. I think all of them loved doing it, sharing time in the ring with some of the best the industry has ever seen. Has expected, the legends easily put away the LoN, with all of them hitting their finishers. Afterwards, they would dance with the New Day and it all ended with a Stunner, which is how every Stone Cold segment should end. Match Rating: **¾   Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman- No Holds Barred Match This was the match that I was most excited for leading up to this mania. The rivalry between Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose was simply amazing. These two clicked so well together in the build up that leading up to Fastlane, the guy who is supposed to be the face of the company felt like a third wheel with these two. The storyline’s dynamic was really succesfull, Ambrose truely was an underdog as it seemed like WWE would never really push him and didn’t believe he had the talent to become a main eventer, while he continued to be one of the most over faces in the company. The match itself wasn’t terrible, but it was one of the biggest dissapointments of the night, if not the biggest. The match did simply not do justice to the rivalry, all the hardcore legends coming by simply for only chairs and kendo sticks getting used seemed pointless. The match was simply a Brock domination, with Ambrose sometimes getting lucky and getting some hits with weapons in. This match biggest weakness was the fact that it could have been so much better, and whether it was the length or the mentality of the wrestler involved (check Ambrose’s podcast with SCSA if you don’t get the reference) something was off.   ***   Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair- WWE Divas Championship What a perfect way to start the women's revolution. This match was awesome, probably the best match on the entire card. The chemistry between these 3 is terrific and it shows in the  match. The combos, counters and reversals are really smooth and there are some believeable near falls. I would say that this is the best main roster match of the WWE up until this point. I would say the match time was just about right, it didn’t feel too long to me nor did it feel like the match was limited due to a limited amount of time. Match Rating: ****¼   Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker- Hell In A Cell Match The big return of Shane O’Mac to the WWE was well received by the audience and WWE realised this by putting him against the Undertaker. Of course, there is a good chance that this was a plan B following the many injuries that occured in the lead up to the 32th edition of Wrestlemania. The match itself was what you would expect out of two men who are both in their 40s+.  The pace of the match was really slow as a result of this. Personally, I would have made this match shorter but I get that WWE wanted this match to have some big moments and with the two probably being in need of rest spots, the time probably was a must. The ending of the match is the most remembered moment of Wrestlemania 32, with Shane McMahon jumping of Hell in a Cell to crash through a ladder. The match itself of course had it weaknesses, and wasn’t a wrestling classic, but that doesn’t take away from the effort that put men both into this match. Match Rating: **¾   Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale I have never been a fan of big battle royals, especially when there is no real reward like a title or title shot. I get that it puts people on the card and stuff but really, you should be on the card because you have something interesting going, and get on the card because you deserve a spot. I wouldn’t have had a problem with this match on the pre show. Personally I would’ve just used one of the pre show match as the cool down for the main event, as those matches weren’t long anyway and I am pretty sure that the dudleyz and usso could have done more with the time given. It didn’t turn out to help Corbin in his career going forward and the only angle that was build in the match turned into nothing as Shaq and Big Show never had their match. Match Rating: *½   The Rock vs Erick Rowan What an increadible match, it had insane storytelling…. no. This was just random as hell. I get that Erick Rowan isn’t gonna go toe-to-toe with the Rock but I don’t consider this a match. I consider it angle between the Rock, John Cena and the Wyatt Family.  However, seeing Cena make an unexpected return and seeing the Rock hit his signatuer moves was a joy. Match Rating: DUD   Triple H vs Roman Reigns- WWE World Heavyweight Championship This match wasn’t great but I don’t think that it would have mattered, this match would have gotten a bad crowd reaction no matter what. The match was the typical Roman Reigns ppv match of the period of 2014 till 2016, with the spear through the barricade and the ropes rebound spear. Of course, this wasn’t supposed to be the main event of WrestleMania. No one knows what the orginal plan was but this entire feud felt forced. The great thing about a Mania Main Event is that the storyline starts without the intention of it main eventing Mania, but the greatness of the rivalry and the crowd anticipation of it make for it going on last at the grandest stage of them all. This however was Roman Reigns getting screwed of a title at the Royal Rumble because he refused to join the authority. HHH main eventing felt a bit passed his time, of course a lot of the options were out with injuries but the potential of someone like Brock Lesnar joining the authority would have made for a better story. The match wasn’t terrible, but the hatred for the match by the crowd make it a painful watch. Match Rating: ***  Now, we draw the next ppv that I am going to review. As the draw turned out, the next ppv will be as followed:  Over The Limit 2012 as requested by @Kyle
    • 7.25/10. Member with a lot of potential 
    • Another great episode Summer. Glad to see I have the 2nd best record other than Ross Haslam. Great episode Summer

BrendenPlayz Latest Tweets

BrendenPlayz Facebook