Latest News
  • Post your opinions on all of the latest topics in the news!
  • Backlash available NOW on BrendenPlayz!
  • Join the BPZ NBA Fantasy Basketball League
  • Welcome to a new look BrendenPlayz Forums!
  • Remember to join the chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Announcements

• BrendenPlayz

New Reactions!   07/26/2017

Reactions have been added to the forum with the new site update. These reactions are an extension to the reputation system and allow you to display more emotions in your reputation handouts. With this change it introduces 'Neutral' reputation, which is a reaction that offers neither positive or negative reputation. These are represented via the "Haha", "Confused" and "Sad". We still currently have our traditional reputation methods with upvoting and downvoting for those who prefer the old method. "Liking" is now the default reputation method and the "Thanks" option has also been added, these make up the two new positive reputation point.  The only new addition to the negative reputation system is the "Angry" emotion. Give them a try!
CobheadJake

Football (Soccer) Discussion

I have noticed already that a few members on this forum seem to be fans of Football, so i thought it would be fun to create a topic where we could all talk about it without spamming other topics.

In this topic we can talk about anything football related, such as who we support (Liverpool), transfer rumours/transfers, recent results etc

Feel free to reply whenever something new pops up that you feel is fun enough to talk about and definitely don't hold back on transfer rumours.

So who do you guys support??

Well, Ryan Giggs has officially announced his retirement as a play, however continuing his career as assistant at Manchester United:

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from professional football and embark upon a new and exciting chapter in my life, as assistant manager of Manchester United. I am immensely proud, honoured and fortunate to have represented the biggest club in the world 963 times and Wales 64 times.

That's the end of the footballing career of possibly the best premier league player of all time.

Nice topic over here, I support the following teams:

Olympiacos (Greece)

Real Madrid (Spain)

I also like Man UTD but I am not their biggest fan, Giggs is surely a living legend but he is not even the best player in Manchester United's history, sad to read that he is retiring!

Ryan Giggs is debatable in that sense. He is almost, in wrestling terms, the 'face' of the premier league and has been able to play top quality football his whole career, up until this season he was the only player to score in every premier league season since it became the premier league. I wouldn't refer to him as the best player to have played quality wise, however in terms of his legacy and what not, its easy to refer to him as the 'greatest premier league player'.

For people interested in transfer rumours, the highest thing for me today is that Yaya Toure has said he doesn't feel like he is treated as well as he should be by Manchester City and both him and his agent have confirmed that they may look at their options after the World Cup if nothing is changed for him. This could keep some big teams on their toes as Yaya Toure is definitely a huge talent and arguably one of the best footballers around.

in other news, or at least transfer news that is confirmed, Craig Gardner has signed for West Bromwich Albion just days after being released by Sunderland. The deal wont go through until July 1st when players ending their contracts can officially sign for other teams and he is definitely not the biggest of footballing names out there, but anyone who is an avid fan of English football will respect that abilities of Craig Gardner and i look forward to seeing how he performs at his new club. I envision a few long shots and free kicks in his West Brom career.

Its not as 'big' as Giggs or Puyol retiring but Craig Bellamy has announced his retirement today. Personally was a big fan of Craig Bellamy, he was a very talented player and was still capable of playing too level football at 34 years old. I'm actually quite surprised he has retired.

I support Greece (my country) and Brazil.

We have some chances to make it through the groups stage although it is very difficult, but we don't have the players to make it through more than round of 16.

Brazil on the other side have great and players in-form that's why I bet they will win the World Cup

Although Brazil won their opening game, they did look a bit shaky and uncertain and I'm having doubts about whether they will win or not...

Cameroon vs Mexico was an okay game with some bullshit disallowed goals...

NO ONE could have expected the Spain and Netherlands result, that was insane... Along with Brazil, Spain were probably favourites but they also look doubtful now whereas Netherlands look brilliant!

To be honest, they had a tough act to follow but i thought that Australia and Chile's game was fairly enjoyable and Australia actually played better then i expected, especially in the second half! Got to give credit to them, even if they are gonna go home without a win, sorry Brenden ;)

Although Brazil won their opening game, they did look a bit shaky and uncertain and I'm having doubts about whether they will win or not...

Cameroon vs Mexico was an okay game with some bullshit disallowed goals...

NO ONE could have expected the Spain and Netherlands result, that was insane... Along with Brazil, Spain were probably favourites but they also look doubtful now whereas Netherlands look brilliant!

To be honest, they had a tough act to follow but i thought that Australia and Chile's game was fairly enjoyable and Australia actually played better then i expected, especially in the second half! Got to give credit to them, even if they are gonna go home without a win, sorry Brenden ;)

We were all betting on Australia not even scoring a goal let alone winning lol. We're thrilled we got a goal.

We were all betting on Australia not even scoring a goal let alone winning lol. We're thrilled we got a goal.

To be honest, i would have taken part in that bet if it wasn't for the fact that you have Tim Cahill... You can always rely on Cahill, never count him out! He's a brilliant player, i miss him playing in England

To be honest, i would have taken part in that bet if it wasn't for the fact that you have Tim Cahill... You can always rely on Cahill, never count him out! He's a brilliant player, i miss him playing in England

Our only saving grace lol. The only player in the team worth mentioning, the rest.... I think we just need to hope Netherlands doesn't score 10 on us, likewise with Spain now lol.

Great start to the World Cup so far, today we (Greece) are playing against Columbia @19,00 GMT+2 although it's going to be a hard game I have faith in our defence and believe in our "gunslinger" Konstantinos Mitroglou, we (olympiacos fans) call him gunslinger because he usually celebrates like this: 

mhtroglou2d6.jpg

201113175629_9888.jpg

Great start to the World Cup so far, today we (Greece) are playing against Columbia @19,00 GMT+2 although it's going to be a hard game I have faith in our defence and believe in our "gunslinger" Konstantinos Mitroglou, we (olympiacos fans) call him gunslinger because he usually celebrates like this: 

mhtroglou2d6.jpg

201113175629_9888.jpg

Cheering on Greece for you!

I felt like Samaras was the only player who really tried attacking the ball except for Torosidis who put in great crosses, Greece didn't seem like they could handle the speed and flair of Columbia, but they were promising at times! Gekas really should have scored.

Now I've got to watch my team (England) play Italy later on, i don't know if i can handle it, i just want to get out the groups!