WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Reeves

WWE Brand Split Official Discussion

Heading into Tuesday’s WWE Draft themed episode of SmackDown, the company was still trying to figure out exactly what to do with the Singles Titles and Tag-Team Titles. 

Apparently officials still have no clue on exactly what they want to do. It’s been speculated since the draft announcement that the company would introduce a second WWE title, however that remains to be seen. 

NoDQ

Bruhh. Just let the Tag Titles be defended on both brands and put US on RAW and IC on SmackDown.

As seen on Tuesday’s Live WWE Draft themed SmackDown episode, WWE drafted six NXT talents to the main roster. Those names included Finn Balor, American Alpha, Eva Marie, Mojo Rawley and Carmella. 

Heading into the show, WWE officials went back and forth on who they wanted to bring up. At one point they were only going to bring up Jason Jordan and not Chad Gable. Those plans obviously changed, as both members of American Alpha were drafted. 

Mojo Rawley was originally planned to be brought up, then they decided against it, and then changed their mind yet again and brought him back into plans. 

In regards to Bayley, who was rumored for some time to be called up, she was originally slated to be drafted as well, but was then they had a change of heart and decided against it. 

Back around WrestleMania time, it was being said that they company didn’t have plans to bring up Carmella because they felt she wasn’t ready. They just recently changed their mind on that decision as well. 

NoDQ

Mojo Rawley and Carmella though :fpalm 

Think about it i think they dropped the ball with the draft i mean Smackdown have Orton, Cena, Ambrose, AJ Styles and Wyatt as there only star power while Raw has Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Roman Regins, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn giving Raw the edge and Raw also has a very solid micard compard to Smackdown it just seems like Raw is still the main brand and Smackdown is the b show, they haven't done it so both brands are on the same level

PWInsider.com reports that former WWE/ECW star Rhyno and former WWE star Brian "Curt Hawkins"Myers are returning to the company to be on the mainroster. The current plan is for them to be on the Smackdown brand but that could change. Rhyno has been doing NXT appearances here and there during the past few years.

NoDQ

At least they could spice things up on SmackDown a little bit. Add a little depth to the midcard. Thank god.

2 hours ago, CRM said:

I can't wait for this , I'm ready 

Can't wait for what? The draft is over lol.

WWE.com may have teased the addition of a new women’s and tag team title in their weekly Smackdown preview. WWE.com posted the following: 

But what about the rest of the SmackDown’s title picture? Certainly those with a thirst for gold can seek the Intercontinental Championship. The Miz is still in possession of the title,in spite of a less than definitive double-disqualification at WWE Battleground. With Darren Young on Raw, it will be interesting to see who takes his place as the No. 1 contender. Moreover, seeing as how Raw is in the midst of creating a WWE Universal Championship to offset the void created in the absence of the WWE Title, couldn’t SmackDown Live conceivably create addition titles as well — for the good of say their many talented tag teams and elite Women’s division? With Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, anything is possible.

While it is still speculation, we could see the addition of new titles to Smackdown to further establish the brand split, with RAW creating a new WWE Universal Championship as their main title, and Sasha Banks winning the WWE Women’s Championship last night. 

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/733177-is-wwe-smackdown-live-getting-new-secondary-titles-notes-on-new-sd-set-details#WJTjZFH4MjEhvqdh.99

Well, RAW has the Universal, US, Women's, Tag, and upcoming Cruiserweight Title. It's only fair if SmackDown gets one. Hopefully its name won't be as cringy as the Universal belt.

As seen on Monday’s episode of RAW, it was announced that Seth Rollins will face Finn Balor for the newly-created WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam next month. 

While the plan had been for WWE to create a new World title, the original plan for SummerSlam have changed. The original plan called for Rollins to face Roman Reigns for one of the World titles. Reigns’ 30 day suspension for his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy clearly changed those plans. It’s being said that he is clearly in the doghouse after being pinned two nights in a row.

NoDQ

6 minutes ago, Nebakos7 said:

They certainly need both the titles otherwise any women's or tag match will be and feel pointless, just like it did this week. I was hoping to get this addressed last night but it seems that we'll have to wait 1 extra week.

From the segment after the Women's match, i think they're keeping the Women's belt on RAW. Seems like they're just gunning to be the best female competitor of SmackDown. But considering the talent they have there, it works for me.

Smackdown needs a Womens Title and Tag Title, With bayley being rumoured to be going to smackdown when she gets called up and all the talent in the womens division on smackdown they'll need something to fight for, as for the tag titles they have some great underused tag teams on smackdown as well as the Uso's and AA so it only makes sense that we get SD Tag titles. I Would like to see the return of the World tag team titles but I think since the new day are calling themselves the WWE world tag team Champions we'll get a completely new belt and also for the SD Women please god don't revive the divas title just make a new title. 

Personally I think the Women's Champion should float between both brands, because there's only 6 girls if you don't count Maryse on SmackDown and I just think that's not enough to have it's own championship. Hopefully over time injured girls like Emma, Tamina, Rosa Mendes and Nikki Bella return to SmackDown but for now I think SmackDown should be building the girls they have whilst RAW fights for the gold.

On Smackdown, we saw Rhyno made his return to the main roster and the announcement of Shelton Benjamin coming back. 

PWInsider.com reports that former 3MB member Jinder Mahal has signed a new deal to return to the company and is expected to be part of the RAW brand. Curt Hawkins is also expected to be returning on the Smackdown brand. 

Other names that are rumored to be returning include: Melina, MVP, Carlito, Tommy Dreamer, and Stevie Richards. Richards recently completed a guest coach stint at WWE's performance center.

Jinder and Hawkins are garbage. The rumoured names except Richards is fine.