WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danielle

The Makeover of Emma to Emmalina

So WWE have been airing vignette's teasing the makeover of WWE Superstar Emma to Emmalina.

From what I've seen and heard, it's failed before it's even started. Evil Emma was popularly received but was ultimately cut short due to Emma's injury earlier this year. The gimmick seems like a typical shallow, selfish and all about her looks type of persona and whilst I don't see a problem with that, it does seem like a step back from the progress WWE have been making with their women. What I will say is that it does have a lot of people intrigued as to what this gimmick may be, so we'll see.

What do you guys think about this upcoming transformation? And what do you think it'll be?

This one's a double-edged sword for me, while I don't support the objectification of women that WWE has become infamous for, I also don't think any mention of a women's looks is sexist and wrong, given that they're still displayed as athletes, not sex symbols. I think one shallow, good looks gimmick is fine, it's no different than the dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick and nobody said that they were objectifying Cody. But you could have just kept her as Emma cause Emmalina is a really dumb name imo

So far the Vignettes have just been Emma showing off her assets so i feel like her new gimmick will end up being something related to being a Model, I mean we can hope that Emmalina is something interesting and cool but she'll probably end up just being a Model and she'll team with Alicia Fox and they'll be called "the Foxy Models" because thats how fucking mis used Emma has been and how misused she always will be. 

I was expecting a makeup tutorial but I guess I'll just be disappointed.

• Emmalina sounds like a Nintendo character. (Rosalina?)
  • A better name change would just be "Ema" or "Emmma" at this point
  • Her new gimmick should just be her being a shoplifter
  • Progress isn't taking steps back. It's a natural gimmick (about looks) for women as it is for men. Did Tyler Breeze make anyone complain with his gimmick?

6 minutes ago, Monda said:

I was expecting a makeup tutorial but I guess I'll just be disappointed.

• Emmalina sounds like a Nintendo character. (Rosalina?)
  • A better name change would just be "Ema" or "Emmma" at this point
  • Her new gimmick should just be her being a shoplifter
  • Progress isn't taking steps back. It's a natural gimmick (about looks) for women as it is for men. Did Tyler Breeze make anyone complain with his gimmick?

Dani couldn't do that anyways :MJ2 I think its funny how they are giving her this treatment. The gimmick will probly birng her no where but eh whateves