WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
The Neb

Pro Wrestling Guerilla OFFICIAL Discussion

WWE Diva Natalya and husband Tyson Kidd were backstage at tonight's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla show in California. The WWE mainstays posted photos with PWG wrestler Jack Evans, who performed on the show.

"I love this guy! Jack Evans was one of the first people I learned to wrestle with 14 years ago. He is one of my all time favorite wrestlers and people... A great friend, too," Natalya said.

wrestlinginc.com

Below are results from Night One of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All-Star Weekend in Reseda, California:

* Excalibur opened with a tribute to Hayabusa

* Chuck Taylor defeated Trevor Lee

* Chris Hero defeated Evil Uno

* Trent Baretta defeated Drew Galloway

* Kyle O'Reilly defeated Marty Scurll

* PWG Champion Roderick Strong defeated Mark Andrews in a non-title match

* Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Adam Cole

* PWG Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks retained over Ricochet and Matt Sydal

Many were wondering if Ronda Rousey was watching Saturday night's UFC 196 PPV as Holly Holm, the fighter that defeated her for the Women's Bantamweight Championship back in November, lost the title to Miesha Tate. As it turns out, Rousey was in attendance at tonight's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla show in Reseda, CA.

http://twitter.com/ProWrestlingMag/status/706354051831693312/photo/1

Source: NoDQ.com

On Monday, it was announced that Cody Rhodes will be appearing at the upcoming Pro Wrestling Guerilla "Battle of Los Angeles" event, which is scheduled to take place in Reseda, California this August. 

Below is the official announcement from PWG's Twitterpage, as well as a reaction tweet from Rhodes himself.

http://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/739951620511961088/photo/1

According to PWInsider.com, Cody Rhodes will appear for EVOLVE on more than one occasion, starting with his company debut on August 19th at EVOLVE 66. 

It was noted that Rhodes would make a number of appearances for the company, including at an early afternoon show the following day, August 20th, in Queens, New York. Details are being finalized for the show; it was originally reported through a WWN Live Alert that the reason for the early show was because NXT Takeover: Brooklyn is the same evening, and this would allow fans to attend both events with plenty of time to travel between venues. 

Cody Rhodes confirmed Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s earlier Tweet, hinting at an appearance at the Battle of Los Angeles event this summer. Cody posted the following: 

PWG have been slowly naming entrants for there Battle of Los Angeles tournament which will take place from the 2nd - 4th of September. These are the names we have so far:

1. Cody Rhodes (Former WWE) - USA
  2. Kamaitachi (Former NJPW and CMLL) - Japan
  3. Jeff Cobb (Currently Matanza Cueto in Lucha Underground) - Guam
  4. Mark Haskins (Current PROGRESS star and Smash Wrestling Heavweight Champion) - UK
  5. Dalton Castle (ROH star) - USA
  6. Pete Dunne (UK wrestling star) - UK
  7. Sami Callihan (Formerly Solomon Crowe in NXT) - USA
  8. Tommy End (European Indy Sensation, PWG Regular) - Netherlands
  9. Trevor Lee (TNA star) - USA
  10. Adam Cole (Former ROH and PWG Champion) - USA
  11. John Hennigan (Formerly Johnny Nitro/John Morrison in WWE, currently Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground) - USA
  12. Jack Gallagher (UK technical wrestler, also appearing in this summer's WWE Cruiserweight Classic) - UK
  13. Chris Hero (Indy wrestling legend) - USA
  14. Mark Andrews (TNA star and UK independent legend) - UK
  15. Ricochet (Currently Prince Puma in Lucha Underground, former BOLA winner, also works in NJPW) - USA
  16. Matthew Riddle (EVOLVE star and someone who is constantly rumoured to go to NXT) - USA
  17. Marty Scurll (Former PROGRESS Champion and one of the shining stars of British Wrestling) - UK
  18. Matt Sydal (Formerly Evan Bourne in WWE, currently in ROH and NJPW) - USA
  19. Kyle O'Reily (former ROH and NJPW Tag champ and former PWG champ) - Canada
  20. Fénix (Currently in Lucha Underground) - Mexico

I'll add more as they are announced but so far it looks like a great lineup!

Edited by TheLunaticGinge
Added Entrants 17-20

September 2nd:

Fénix vs Will Ospreay

Kyle O'Reilly vs Matthew Riddle 

Dalton Castle vs Jack Gallagher 

Chris Hero vs Jushin Thunder Liger

September 3rd:

Mark Andrews vs Pette Dunne

John Hennigan vs Matt Sydal 

Kamaitachi vs Trevor Lee 

Jeff Cobb vs Ricochet 

September 4th

Cedric Alexander vs Mark Haskins

Marty Scurll vs Pentagón Jr. 

Cody Rhodes vs Sami Callihan

Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. 

TBD vs TBD vs TBD

– At last night’s PWG event, Ricochet gave a farewell speech after his match against Chuck Taylor. As previously reported, Ricochet is rumored to have signed with WWE and is expected to debut later this year.

After the match was over, Ricochet put over Chuck Taylor with his promo, and the entire PWG locker room came out to say goodbye to Ricochet.

411mania.com

So with PWG recently moving their latest show to the globe theatre i'm wondering if it'll be a permanent thing since their main venue in Reseda isn't great especially considering they are growing in popularity so I think it would be good for them to move into a bigger arena. 

As for Lee winning the championship I think this was an excellent decision (although I am a little biased), Lee is one of the most talented independent performers in the world of wrestling today and i'm glad that he's holding one of the top prizes in Pro wrestling. 

pwgbolalogo.jpg

2019 Battle of Los Angeles will be held on Thursday, September 19, Friday, September 20, and Sunday, September 22. The three-night tournament is usually held on successive days from Friday to Sunday, but there is no show on the Saturday of that weekend this year.

A-Kid
Jonathan Gresham
Artemis Spencer
Darby Allin
Mick Moretti
Orange Cassidy
Bandido
Caveman Ugg
Jake Atlas
Tony Deppen
Fenix
Lucky Kid
Joey Janela
Brody King
Bárbaro Cavernario
Jungle Boy

While a lot of the bigger names have been signed, there is still plenty of talent out there. With this year being the 15th edition of BOLA,  who would you like to see fill out the rest of the entrants into this years BOLA?

I was really excited when they announced A-Kid. Nobody had ever heard of him and then all the sudden he had a five star match. He could be big though I don't know much about the Spanish scene. Gresham is a great wrestler too of course. I'm really excited because I'm making a point this year of actually following the tournament from start to finish.