BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

WWE Releases and Firings Topics

As the list of names leaving WWE increase Oney isn't one i expected to see at all but judging from his Twitter it seems that he has had this on his mind for a while. I wonder what the WWE backstage is like. Between Harper, Kanellis, Sin Cara, Oney Lorcan, these aren't major losses for the company (compared to others) but it's kind of a lot of people wanting to leave in a few months. I wonder what the morale is backstage.

He is a guy who makes everyone look good and is super dependable. You're never bored when Oney's out there in the ring or just his natural character. I feel for that reason he is going to be a loss for the future but it will be interesting to see where he might end up.

Jordan Myles Aka ACH Has Been Released From WWE
jordan myles ach released wwe

NXT wrestler Jordan Myles aka ACH has officially been released from WWE.

WWE confirms to Pro Wrestling Sheet that Myles is no longer under contract at this time, though no other details have been made available. 

The 31-year-old first signed with in February of this year. He then took part in the NXT Breakout Tournament, which he won. Myles went on to face NXT champ Adam Cole in a title match. 

As we previously reported, ACH began taking bookings this morning. His first post-WWE booking is scheduled to take place tomorrow evening in Texas. 

The wrestler went public with his issues last month, speaking out against the company due to a racially insensitive shirt they released for him.

ACH is also booked to wrestle for the Wrestler Revolver in December. 

Backstage Update on Matt Hardy Contract Status, When His Deal Expires, Current Talks With WWE
Matt Hardy Raw

– PWInsider has an update on the current WWE contract status for Matt Hardy. According to multiple sources, Hardy’s current WWE deal will expire in February 2020. This reportedly explains why Hardy has recently been releasing his “Free the Delete” videos on his YouTube channel.

Currently, Hardy and the WWE are said to still be in talks for a new contract. However, how Hardy will be used in the future is reportedly going to be a major point in their ongoing negotiations. That said, WWE and Hardy are said not not be far apart on the financial part of a new deal. However, Hardy is aware this is likely the last major contract he will sign in his career, and he would like to be utilized in a certain way.

The report’s sources also stated that while Hardy has been thankful for his most recent run in the WWE after returning at WrestleMania 33, WWE failed to capitalize on his Broken Matt Hardy character as much he believes they could have. The “Woken” variation for Matt Hardy didn’t receive a major push either and “didn’t click.” Additionally, WWE never followed up on the Hardy Halloween Special, despite very positive reviews.

Per PWInsider, Hardy would be free to sign elsewhere in February 2020 if he does not come to terms on a new WWE deal. However, Jeff Hardy would likely still have time left on his WWE contract due to his recent leg injury and legal issues have kept him off TV. Additionally, Matt reportedly plans on using his social channels to build up a possible return to the independent scene and more with his Broken Matt gimmick.

Hardy recently released Episode 4 of Free the Delete. You can check out the latest episode of Matt Hardy’s Free the Delete YouTube series in the player below.

It’s great to see Matt Hardy back in the WWE, he had a good match with Buddy Murphy. And seeing that he only has 2 months until his contract expires, I see a retirement match coming. He has had a great career, and to end it now would be great for him. Especially with the tip top shape he is in at the moment. 

By retirement match I mean in WWE, as he wants to go back to the independent curious and use his broken gimmick there. Which would honestly be great. I’m all onboard for it. 

I kind of expected it, they werent doing much if anything at all. So why keep them? I could see Cara going to Japan or mexico while Harper going to Aew like Aaron stated above. But lets hope they are not treated as they were here in the WWE. 

I feel like The Ascension will fit in very well in some places outside of the WWE if they are treated well like they were in NXT. If they split up I think they are doomed and won’t do much but if they stay together they may do well. 

This was actually genuinely shocking news to wake up to this morning, not because of the names released but the fact that WWE actually released them. Viktor and Konnor were not doing anything and haven't really done anything for a good part of the last 5 years. For Harper and Sin Cara they are in a similar boat, Cara hasn't been used well for a very long-time and his run with injuries just hasn't helped as well. Harper is an interesting case because he looks like someone that could definitely make his way to AEW and considering WWE doesn't want anyone jumping ship it was surprising to see Harper let go. I've said this many times before and I'll say it again, this guy is way too talented to be sitting at home doing nothing so hopefully in the year 2020 we can see what he can do 

Matt-Hardy-Getty-1.jpg

Matt Hardy may soon be “broken” free from WWE’s creative, according to Dave Meltzer.

Meltzer is reporting in his latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Hardy is expected to leave the company when his contract expires in March. Matt has been producing #FREETheDelete videos on his YouTube channel teasing another transformation (The “Woken” Matt Hardy character is already gone) and Meltzer is saying that WWE isn’t interested in developing that.

Meltzer continues on to speculate that Hardy could be the leading candidate to be the leader of AEW’s Dark Order considering that the faction has been teasing a “leader” of the group as recent as this week’s Dynamite.

Wrestlezone.com

Matt Hardy might not seem like it to some fans but more so than Luke Harper or The Revival, Matt is a major steal if they're able to do so. The creativity and imagination is what he brings. Matt has shown that he has the ability to reinvent himself and in AEW, if The Dark Order rumours are true or not it would be interesting to see what he could create for himself or other talent. I don’t know if he’ll do something new because he might have not been finished telling this particular story of his character. Matt didn't seem ready to move on from the Broken persona after his departure from TNA and due to legal and creative conflicts, his legacy of the character was somewhat muddied.

I get that Matt hasn’t been doing anything but he was tag champ with Jeff before he unfortunately got hurt. I think they would pair up again when Jeff Comes back so that’s a valuable team. I’d like to see Matt stay honestly and finish up with WWE. I don’t really see AEW doing that much with him either maybe a little push but that’s about it even if he is the leader of the Dark Order I don’t see him getting far with the company.  And god no I hope he doesn’t return to TNA. Rather just him stay in WWE and hopefully have another tag run with Jeff

As many of you may know I’m a very big fan of Matt ( and Jeff ) Hardy and his Broken/Woken character quickly became one of my favorite things ever in wrestling which when you factor in my love for the likes of Undertaker, and AJ Styles in general mostly his 2013 No One gimmick says a lot and I truly hope he doesn’t leave WWE completely but rather his undeniable genius mind for wrestling as a form of WWE Creative as I believe he is more than trusted enough within the company to have such a role and I truly believe they would be foolish not to offer him such a role. 

Honestly I will be glad to see Matt leaving WWE, since they completly tanked his momentum. The Broken character was ingenious and quite innovative, turning Matt into an instant star, however with WWE, we know they like to control the characters they present on screen, so he was never allowed the freedom he enjoyed in TNA.

I will be curious on his future, he could retire peacefully I presume, but I feel a mind like Matt's will want to continue to contribute to the Wrestling Business. Personally I'd like to see him reopen OMEGA (I presume he still holds the rights to the name) as it would allow another place for wrestlers to work at. Failing that I wonder if Impact or AEW would be interested in him?

I have a feeling Matt could be retiring soon as injuries might be taking a toll on him plus i'm sure he wants to spend more time with his family. If he does retire he'll probably have a retirement tour and maybe he'll appear on Impact's TNA show 😏