WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Slim

WWE Releases and Firings Topics

44 minutes ago, Angelo Catio said:

You think someone like TNA will look at him? I don't think he really offers much as a singles. He would need to work a new gimmick and style, who knows if he can. Maybe he will get some bookings from small companies, I don't really see him going too far or making any sort a splah on the indies.

3 hours ago, BrendenPlayz said:

You think someone like TNA will look at him? I don't think he really offers much as a singles. He would need to work a new gimmick and style, who knows if he can. Maybe he will get some bookings from small companies, I don't really see him going too far or making any sort a splah on the indies.

so far it looks like a few people have talked to him about booking him. I don't see him going far though and next WWE should release English and they can tag on the Indy scene and maybe have some success down there. 

As noted, WWE parted ways with Simon Gotch of The Vaudevillains last week after he apparently requested his release.

This may not have anything to do with the departure but Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there was an incident with Gotch at catering before the April 4th SmackDown in Orlando.
Gotch reportedly tipped over his own chair and got mad when he went over. The Observer notes that the fall was bad enough that it caused a scene.

We noted before that Gotch's personality rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Some had expected him to be cut ever since the backstage incident with Sin Cara in 2016, which was said to be a "one-sided destruction" by Cara.

WrestlingInc

Oh Gotch :fpalm 

Wow, Aries is gone. Didn't expect this, I thought he might take a couple months off and come back and do something new in WWE. I guess he's unhappy or the schedule is too much or just simply wanted change. I guess we'll wait for the shoot interview to find out. But where will he go? I think GFW should throw the book at him and get him back. They NEED named guys right now and especially having an alright run in WWE, he will help. ROH is also more likely destination especially if Aries is looking to have some great matches with the talent there and their crossover talent. Either way, it's a win for the indies.

I mean i'd like to see Aries show up in ROH or New Japan, I feel like he could have a lot of good matches in those companies like Aries VS Lethal, Aries VS Ospreay, Aries VS Scurll, Aries VS Ricochet, Aries VS Cody, Aries VS Omega ect and I don't think he'd go to GFW since he really has nothing to do there, I'd say ROH would probably be the best fit for him. 

New Japan is the best option for Aries. Like FD said, Austin Aries vs Kenny Omega would be amazing, as would Austin Aries vs Kazuchika Okada. As we've seen with Cody Rhodes, former WWE guys that have talent are booked great in NJPW, and considering Aries is a better wrestler than Cody Rhodes, it would be fun to see, hoping he ends up there.

I think he'll go to Ring Of Honour but I'd like to see him in New Japan for the great matches mentioned above. He has potential to be a top star in New Japan and he could work a great match against Omega. Maybe a one off appearance in WCPW? I don't know. I really think he should've beat Neville and had a short run before Neville got the title back. He was wasted in WWE. 

Despite it being reported earlier this week that Austin Aries requested his release from WWE, Dave Meltzer reported on the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE stating the company in fact released Aries, and it was not requested.

Meltzer added however, that upon hearing of his release, Austin Aries was thrilled, a sentiment which seemed to be echoed by his post-release Tweet which said “it’s a a beautiful day.”

Aries was under a three year deal with WWE, so if he did in fact request his release, WWE could have held him to the contract which would not allow him to wrestle until elsewhere until 2019. Aries is under a 90 day no-compete with WWE, so he will be eligible to work again sometime in October.

As noted, Austin Aries was said to be frustrated with his spot in WWE, and being pigeonholed as a Cruiserweight in the company. Additionally, it’s being said Aries was unhappy with his WrestleMania 33 kickoff match not being included in the DVD release, as he will not be paid royalties.

Dave Meltzer noted many in WWE did not like Aries, including members of the writing team, and he did have backstage heat over his attitude during his run with the company. WZ’s Justin LaBar noted earlier this week that sources close to the situation described Aries as “his own worst enemy, politically.”

WrestleZone.com

They should of just kicked him out of the cruiserweights, he was good in it but I think he really would of done great in the IC divison. Its a shame he got released, but I don't think it was needed. I would be happy to be in WWE at all, even if I was not getting paid for a wrestlemania match. I mean you wrestled at Wrestle freaking Mania and you are complaining? 

Aries was the only legitimate competitor that Neville has faced so far that you thought might actually beat him. And surely he was going to get a chance at the IC/US Title soon enough. I can understand why he might feel heated losing to Neville three times in a row but you're still getting paid tons of money and working in the biggest wrestling promotion in the world even if you are losing a match here and there. If he's going to be acting like a shit backstage as well and not getting along with other people then I guess there's no point in keeping him around if he's just causing problems. It's a shame really that this happeneded. 

Guest Smith

Aries is a great wrestler but not the greatest and his character can easily be replaced. If he wanted to leave and wasn't getting on with the rest of the roster, it's clear why WWE let him go. I'm sure Aries will regret leaving as he sinks back into the midcard of Impact.

8 minutes ago, JoshsNow said:

Well, I believe Aries was fired and I don't know why. Then again, I don't know why he would want to leave anyway. He will get a run in ROH and WCPW and probably do something else

He wasn't fire, He asked for his release because he wanted to wrestle for the bigger titles like the Intercontinental or Universal Championship and WWE told him they didn't think a wrestler being in the 205 weight category challenging for those titles would be believable so he asked to leave and they agreed

17 hours ago, Call_Me_Soul said:

He wasn't fire, He asked for his release because he wanted to wrestle for the bigger titles like the Intercontinental or Universal Championship and WWE told him they didn't think a wrestler being in the 205 weight category challenging for those titles would be believable so he asked to leave and they agreed

Isn't Finn Balor technically a Cruiserweight?

17 hours ago, JoshsNow said:

Well, I believe Aries was fired and I don't know why. Then again, I don't know why he would want to leave anyway. He will get a run in ROH and WCPW and probably do something else

How was he fired when he asked for his release? WWE RARELY fires anyone these days. If they did, Paige would be gone. They let contracts run out and Aries has years left.