NXT Takeover 11 on BrendenPlayz!

The top superstars of NXT compete on the big stage of NXT Takeover in its eleventh edition on BrendenPlayz
Watch Here

New Total Extreme Wrestling Series!

Create a character or use your forums gimmick and sign up to the new series! Have YOUR character booked in the game and featured on BrendenPlayz streams.
Join

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Attitude Era Total Extreme Wrestling!

Go back in time and change history! Watch as BrendenPlayz books the World Wrestling Federation as they attempt to fend off WCW from taking the top spot in the wrestling business.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Mae Young Classic Official Discussion

Guest Smith

The bracketology for the Mae Young Classic was aired on the Network straight after SummerSlam last night so I watched it this morning and honestly, it was quality. If you're planning on watching or even just following the results in the Mae Young Classic, I suggest watching the bracketology with Corey Graves and Lita. All the presenters were great and it really helped build the characters of the wrestlers, which can be hard to do when they're only competing in a single-elimination tournament. Watching the bracketology will definitely make the tournament more enjoyable.

Episode 1: Princessa Sugehit defeating Kay Lee Ray definitely shocked me. I thought Kay Lee Ray's character promo was stronger so I thought she would get the win. Alright match.

Serena Deeb vs Vanessa Borne was pretty average in my opinion. I saw Serena winning as they have to do the whole redemption story thing.

Shayna Baszler winning was no shock. Pretty much a squash match. I was getting annoyed with the repeated focus on the Four Horsewomen.

I thought Abbey Laith vs Jazzy Gabert was an amazing match. Maybe it was just me. Abbey Laith winning also shocked me. I liked the show of respect from Jazzy Gabert too.

Episode 2:

Mercedes Martinez getting the win, no surprises there. Alright match. Nice Dragon Sleeper to finish the match.

Wasn't a fan of Rachel Evers vs Marti Belle. Evers botched a few moves and got the roll-up win. Belle should have gotten that win.

Rhea Ripley vs Miranda Salinas was okay. I'm loving Rhea Ripley so far. She was over af.

Really liked the Mia Yim vs Sarah Logan match. Happy that Mia Yim got the victory. She has Shayna Baszler in the next round though, so I don't think she's going through.

PWInsider is reporting that WWE is currently reaching out for participants in the Second Annual Mae Young Classic tournament this year. According to the report, it is a mix of both new and returning talent.

WrestleZone.com 

Glad the Mae Young Classic is coming back. It gave the women's wrestlers involved the stand out they deserved for their time in other promotions so seeing that the second tournament will have new and returning stars will be fun to watch and see who is selected. 

Really glad to hear they're bringing this back, the first one was great and some of the talent that has since moved into the developmental system is incredible, the future of women's wrestling is extremely bright and I'm glad to see them getting the credit and exposure they deserve. (Most of the time.)

IPW in the UK has announced that Chelsea Green had to cancel out of her trips to the UK due to circumstances that “will become clearer in the next couple of weeks.” This has led to speculation that she’s working the Mae Young Classic since she just attended a WWE tryout.

Source: 411Mania