Latest News
  • Discuss the latest wrestling events!
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Alyxander Cuddlezworth

WWE 205 Live Official Discussion

Hideo Itami has always been one of my favorite talents due to his in-ring ability. However, he does seem very injury prone at times which could explain why they sent him to 205 Live. I do know that I wish him the best of luck going into the Cruiserweight Division and would love to see him become a major player for it, even becoming Cruiserweight Champion. I am disappointed that he isn't going to SmackDown Live though where he could become a credible threat to either the United States or WWE Championship in my opinion. I do know that I would have loved to see a match between him and CM Punk as the two have similar fighting styles and could have put on a fantastic match if it had ever took place. I do know that with him going to 205 Live, it could seem like WWE may ask him to carry the division on his back until they are able to create more stars for the division. I think Itami Vs. Neville would be a great match if Neville does decide to return but that seems very unlikely the longer he is away. I do know that out of the possible opponents to Itami, I would look forward to seeing a Itami Vs. Metalik match as I want to see them push Gran Metalik as he hasn't been used to his full potential in my opinion. I don't know how well his mic-work is though, which could be the reason why they haven't pushed him as much since the Cruiserweight Classic.

– On last night’s WWE 205 Live, Hideo Itami defeated Jack Gallagher by using Neville’s Rings of Saturn submission for the finish. This came the night after Itami broke Brian Kendrick’s nose and orbital bone with his GTS.

411mania

Weird how they would put that finisher on him considering it's fresh on people's minds due to Neville

– WWE has cancelled the 205 Live event on January 19 in at the Ryan Center on the campus of the University of Rhode Island. The Ryan Center posted on their tickets page that fans will be offered full refunds. The Ryan Center Box Office is open Monday-Friday 10am-6pm and Saturday 10am – 2pm. For questions, call 401-788-3021. Here’s the lineup for the other 205 Live events.

* Cruiserweight Championship with Special Guest Referee Nia Jax: Enzo Amore (c) vs Cedric Alexander
* Special Attraction Match: Bray Wyatt vs ‘Woken’ Matt Hardy
* Hideo Itami vs. ‘Gentleman’ Jack Gallagher

At this point the Cruiserweight division is really just filler and completely pointless. The wrestlers are all good, but they’re not even getting a chance to show their full skills. Everything about it is washed out and kind of boring, including 205 Live. It doesnt help their reputation when one of their champions was Enzo Amore.

image.png

WWE 205 live 1/9/2018 preview

Last week on WWE 205 Live, Gentleman Jack Gallagher unleashed a cruel attack on Hideo Itami. Not one to be disrespected, how will Itami respond? Plus, will Cedric Alexander have another opportunity to challenge for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship?

Will Cedric Alexander have another opportunity for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship?

Returning from a bout with the flu, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore finally defended his title against Cedric Alexander last night on Raw. In recent weeks, Alexander has built a great deal of momentum against The Certified G and The Zo Train – and has also made a formidable new ally in Goldust – only helping his prospect for the biggest match of his career. 

Early in the contest, Alexander proved he was more than ready for the champion, and despite Muscles Marinara desperately pushing his opponent off the top rope to the outside, Cedric displayed why he is one of the most exciting Cruiserweights on the roster. However, as Alexander was closing in on winning the title, The Certified G appeared to injure his ankle after his opponent dove to the outside and landed on him. With Enzo unable to continue the match, Alexander won by count-out, but The Realest Champ in the Room retained the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

The flurry of offense from Alexander in the latter half of the match was overwhelming for Enzo, who also suffered a cut above the eye. Alexander’s speed and athleticism proved to be the deciding factor, and a victory against the champion gives Alexander a great case for another opportunity.

Will he get another chance, or will The Certified G find a way to keep Alexander from his coveted title?

How will Hideo Itami react to Gentleman Jack Gallagher’s attack?

Last week on WWE 205 Live, Gentleman Jack Gallagher was set to square off in a rematch against Hideo Itami. Gallagher was seeking retribution for his compatriot, The Brian Kendrick, who was injured at the hands of Itami following an impactful Go to Sleep on the Christmas edition of Raw. Despite losing to the Japanese Superstar the next night on WWE 205 Live, Gallagher was prepared for a fight.

Although the match never got underway, the two Superstars exchanged blows with Itami countering an early surprise attack only to be leveled with a steel pipe that the British Superstar hid in his umbrella. Gallagher then unleashed his trademark cruelty, using the pipe to attack Itami and inflict maximum damage before officials intervened.

The attack by Gallagher was bold and certainly lived up to his promises of bad intentions since partnering with The Brian Kendrick. However, Itami has come to the Cruiserweight division demanding respect and is well-known for his hard-hitting ways, so it is almost certain he will not take Gallagher’s actions lightly. Does the British Superstar have the upper hand, or has he truly underestimated Itami?

Don’t miss WWE 205 Live, tonight at 10/9 C on the award-winning WWE Network.