Latest News
  • WWE 2k19 is here! Watch all the latest from BrendenPlayz on Youtube!
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Alyx Wilde

WWE 205 Live Official Discussion

Another solid 205 Live, with two very exceptional matches for the quarterfinals of the Championship tournament. Andrews vs Gulak was good, and i am loving Gulak's new aggressive look and attitude and he is my pick to win the entire thing. Murphy and Ali however put on the match of the night, with some innovative spots and some amazing near falls which genuinely got me excited. The only problem was the finish with Murphy losing however they did protect him by Having Ali defeat him via rollup

Overall- 8.5/10

According to BeltFanDan (aka Leather By Dan), a new photo of a final design render for the rumored WWE Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships has surfaced online.

PWInsider.com reported WWE was planning on introducing a new set of tag team titles for the 205 Live brand, and a final design had been approved. According to Dan, who is a reliable source and has broken news like this in the past, the following image has been confirmed by multiple sources as the new design for the reported titles.

WrestleZone.com 

I watched the highlights of Murphy vs Ali and it was actually good enough to make me go on the Network and watch the entire show. I definitely think this tournament has been a great way to transition from Neville's departure to a newer 205 Live. The addition of Drake Maverick has only enhanced the whole tournament idea as he has played his role extremely well so far.

Both the tournament matches on this week's episode were great. They told stories very well and showcased the talents of the superstars. As for the tag team match, it did what it needed to do; it allowed Itami & Tozawa to exhibit how well they can work as a team.

As for the tag team championships, I think they could work. It'll definitely give more opportunities to build the cruiserweights but my only problem is that if 205 Live is going to be having its own GM, multiple championships and a show that doesn't even link in with the rest of RAW, they shouldn't be apart of RAW. They should just be an independent show. It doesn't exactly have to be a brand but just a show that isn't apart of RAW so that they can include people from all over WWE without any sort of kayfabe conflict because as the introductions of Mark Andrews and Roderick Strong have shown, bringing in star power from other shows will definitely help 205 Live.

image.png

WWE 205 Live Discussion: March 13th 2018 

Tonight on WWE 205 Live, Cedric Alexander and Roderick Strong compete in the first semifinal match of the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament, and one of them will secure their place at WrestleMania. Who will advance to WrestleMania?

Another solid 205 Live and it continues to improve each week. The tag match was a great way to showcase two of the teams with the right team going over especially with them only forming a week ago which should provide them with some momentum. Metalik was a star in this match and it reminded me of how great he is and how WWE have criminally underused him. It was also good to see Jack Gallagher get a win, i can also definitely see a Drake Maverick vs Gallagher match down the line. The Main Event between Cedric and Roderick was fantastic with both men putting everything on the line to put on one of the best matches of the tournament. The only issue was the finish, we had seen the rollup finish just a week prior and it felt overused seeing it happen so soon after. 

Overall- 8/10 

image.png

WWE 205 Live Discussion: March 20th 2018

Tonight on WWE 205 Live, Mustafa Ali faces Drew Gulak in the semifinals of the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament to decide who will face Cedric Alexander for the vacant title at WrestleMania.

The names don't really have the star power that this tournament could've had in the semi-finals but these two have been constantly working their hardest as apart of the cruiserweight division despite all the negativity shun onto 205 Live so, in my opinion, they definitely deserve to be here and have a match on the WrestleMania pre-show. Personally, I don't who's going to win. Mustafa Ali has overcome odds, proving he truly is an incredible athlete and a threat to the cruiserweight title. On the other hand, Drew Gulak has let his vicious side out, using ruthless attacks to make a huge impact. They've both told great stories throughout this tournament and have both proven that they can put on great performances. Whichever man wins, I'll be happy.

Enjoyed 205 Live again tonight especially the Main Event which was a very entertaining match. Ali winning was questionable seeing how good Gulak has been of late but I am sure that Cedric and Ali could still put on a good match at WM. TJP looked good, however i wish he would stop dabbing. The opener was also fun and continued the Storyline between Team Lucha and Itami and Tozawa. I feel like i say this every week but Lince Dorado might be the most underrated person on the roster

Overall- 7.5/10

I don't know how to feel about Ali vs Alexander being the finals of the CW classic. I think this match would have been destined for the pre show no matter what, but the face vs face mechanic as his ups and dowsn. On the negative side, I think it will make the confrontations between both men building up to a match a bit meh, and I think Gulak and Alexander would have been able to create some interesting before the match. But, I think the face vs face will also lead to the match being all out and that it will be classic cruiserweight action with high flying and fast-paced offense, which could convince people to start watching 205 live. 

205 Live again delivered this week and is becoming a highlight of WWE programming. The NOC Main Event was one of the best 205 Live matches of the year. Some of the spots created were amazing to watch especially Tozawas spot on the top rope. Having Buddy Murphy win was the right decision here as it allows either Cedric or Ali to move onto one of the hot prospects of 205 Live. Andrews vs Nese was also very entertaining again showing how good these two workers are in ring. Gulak vs Andrews next week could also be something amazing as their last matchup was great. The title match at WM is something that i am not interested in and that may be just because of the face vs face dynamic and I am not a huge fan of Ali as he seems a bit one dimensional Character wise. I expect to Cedric win 

205 is actually really under rated imo, with previous matches like the 5 way and Buddy Murphy vs Kalisto I think they have a chance to become a good thing, and the matches on the show are more good then they are bad. The storylines are not bad at all and the general manager is interesting and good on the mic. Cedric as champion has been entertaining so far and I think he can do great things in the coming months, the gauntlet match should be awesome and I think either Buddy Murphy or Hideo will in it(If he is in it). 205 Live is one of my favorite shows to watch when I am chilling in bed just cause it is exciting to match, it really is a shame it gets put on after SD when people are already tired. Should honestly go on Fridays or Saturdays.