BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Alyx Wilde

WWE 205 Live Official Discussion

If you have some spare time this week and don't usually watch 205 Live i'd recommend you take the time to watch this weeks episode. The crowd for the event were 100% behind the wrestlers tonight, especially during the main event which was Akira Tozawa vs Humberto Carrillo vs Oney Lorcan vs Drew Gulak for the Number 1# Contendership at Stomping Grounds. Possibly the best 205 Live crowd ever with 205 chants throughout the match. Humberto is filling the hole left by Ali, Alexander and it's cool to see how far he has come in a short time. Sometimes just letting someone be on TV is what works.

The big surprise tonight was seeing Chad Gable make his debut. Gable is one the most underrated wrestlers perhaps in WWE. Even though 205 live is only watched by a portion of WWE fans its so nice to see him get the spotlight and it could allow him to grow beyond where he was. 205 Live helped Ali so it could do the same for Gable. (Just don't look at the vanishing Buddy Murphy as a hopeful example). Seems he might be working both 205 Live and Smackdown going forward. His match against Gallagher was a lot of fun though a flat finish.

I had this on in the background while I was doing some stuff around the house and yeah that Main Event was pretty bloody good. I'm a big fan of Humberto Carillo, he can do some flippy stuff that I have never seen done before and I think he is primed to be a star in the CW Division. As Arius said seeing the crowd actually care about 205 was very interesting. Also saw a bit of Gable's match with Gallagher and its good to see him back wrestling on TV because he's damn good at it. It also boosts the 205 live roster just a little as well

I'm interested in Chad Gable being in Cruiserweight Division, he could be amazing as champion due to his amazing wrestling, but he really doesn't have a character, another man could be Carrillo since he embodies the Cruiserweight Division and could be great aswell

205 Live is doing well compared to RAW & Smackdown where it feels everything is always moving forward instead of standing still for a moment. Tonight's episode reminded me that Maria is still a good talker so it’s disappointing that Mike and Maria’s run in WWE hasn’t gone well because they both have more to offer and at least on 205 Live more consistently now after re-signing we could be seeing that utilised. 

Tony Nese getting his rematch at Extreme Rules makes the most sense and it was a good miain event. Though with how it ended and the comments made by Tozawa recently could it be he might be looking to exit WWE soon? 
Also i'm loving Oney on 205 Live. I feel he has shown a lot more character compared to his time in NXT. Him and his Gollum like screams.

Eric Young working as producer for 205 Live

One of those people helping make the product may be surprising to many as he's also a current WWE Superstar. Colby Corino revealed who was the producer for his 205 Live match in a recent interview.

"Eric Young was the producer for that one. I didn't even know he was a producer until I got there and saw him on the sheet," admitted Corino. "He was great. Everyone is super nice and super accommodating. They are open to listening to ideas and anything to make the product better."
Image result for eric young

WWE has five brands right now, but they might be eliminating their Cruiserweight brand.

205 Live has a roster full of incredibly talented and passionate Superstars, but they have not had the best luck at all when it comes to ratings.

Brad Shepard reports that “I’m told 205 Live will likely be discontinued before the end of the year.”

While this isn’t 100% confirmed yet, it does sadly make sense. 205 Live has been struggling to attain an audience for a while now and they are sometimes out of the weekly top ten most-watched WWE Network programs which shouldn’t be that way for a live show.

We will have to wait and see what happens, but it seems like 205 Live might need to step it up a notch.

Not sure how true this is but I hope it isn't. They may not be getting as many viewers but they certainly are very entertaining when you do watch them and I think the division has a lot of potential. 

Even if they do discontinue the brand, I still believe WWE will keep the cruiserweight's around especially with AEW's presence. If they were to just cut the superstars that would leave a lot of people available for AEW to sign and going by WWE and the fact that they are finding ways to extend wrestlers contracts I don't think they want to be giving AEW any superstars anytime soon 

I feel like eliminating 205 Live and integrating the Cruiserweight Division on either Raw or Smackdown would probably be smart from reducing saturation from the fans. As it stands WWE has got too much hours of TV every week.

However I am a bit concerned the Division might suffer because of this. Hopefully I am wrong.

With the way WWE is run at the moment if they cancel 205 Live then the division itself will die because they wouldn't know where to book the wrestlers. They have a WWE Women's Tag Team Division that barely has airtime and an Intercontinental Championship that went missing for a month.
Its honestly been really solid programming since the introduction of Drake Maverick as General Manager. WWE has constantly been creating new programming on the Network for both broad and smaller audiences. I don't see them disbanding the brand as It's found consistency. That wasn't the case when things first started up especially. I wouldn't see the reason to cancel an hour of 205 Live when you continue to film Main Event before RAW? At least i hope it doesn't happen.

With the General Manager away on his Honeymoon what could go wrong? Nothing. Another great episode of 205 Live. Similar to NXT they can do a lot in 45 minutes and it just flew by. The evolution of Mike Kanellis has been interesting since joining the brand but the gimmick is clear. He's a sucker for love in the most literal sense. He's a sucker for the love of his wife. Everything he does and wants to do is for his wife's affection even after he was berated. I think it's going to be the one thing that helps him on the brand.

The main event tonight showed the strength of the brand and the brawl to end the six-man match got me pumped up. Was a great way to advance the stories at once as bodies were thrown around. Drew Gulak looks like a fighter with the championship around his waist compared to champions previous. I've become a much bigger Oney Lorcan since he moved to 205 Live.
This is a wishful though, but I'd love to see a 205 Live Elimination Chamber or Ladder match with them all. I feel they'd take advantage of a gimmick match like that well.

VWzPeYl.gif
Also loved this spot

Still not sure where they are going to go with this Mike Kanellis story because it feels RAW and 205 Live are different worlds at times. It was cool seeing the original Davari appear though to get him away from ring-side. 
The main event made the show worth watching, continuing the streak of 205 Live taking full advantage of stipulation matches and delivering. If anything is more Extreme at Extreme Rules this week i'd be surprised.  I'm very excited for a 205 Live with Oney Lorcan. Also there was a great video package at the end of the show hyping up Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at Extreme Rules which for those who may not have watched their entire history on the show ties it up nicely. 

Honestly was a little disappointed with the main event of this past episode of 205 Live. It wasn't particularly bad but it felt really tame for a match with no disqualification. A lot of the match was just the two doing small things to eat time when they should have been going balls to the walls using everything under the ring. The match could have gone longer instead of giving us 15 minutes of promo/ad time afterwards. Hopefully the Extreme Rules matches this Sunday aren't as tame.

Everyone has been talking about how 205 Live has recently been "tame" but this week's episode was one of my recent favourites now that we finally have serious progress on the Kanellis/Drake Maverick program and that epic main event which I felt was supposed to make up for the botched ending last time Jack Gallagher and Chad Gable faced each other, this time they earned the crowd's respect and you can tell that they were earning it more and more as the match got longer.

It's a shame that WWE wants us to believe that Drake Maverick doesn't have the same level of experience as a wrestler as the talent itself. I guess that makes sense given he is an authority figure who mostly does comedy but on 205 Live it would've been good to have a wrestler combined with the Drake who doesn't back down.  He's been bullied by Kanellis on 205 Live for many months, so this was a long time coming and seeing that he didn't waste time to start the match Mike wanted this. In fact he was on offence for a majority of the match and it was the most aggressive we've seen him yet in WWE. Taking out his frustrations of his current situation i imagine. In the end i can't say i'm surprised Drake won given the current storyline with Mike but i feel one victory wouldn't of hurt it.

It's crazy how in 205 Live Mike is a total badass willing to destroy the brand to get what he wants, that Drake Maverick is a serious and competent General Manager, and has gone wild on Mike in an Unsanctioned match...And on Raw Mike has a vagina and is humiliated by his wife, and Drake is doing Instagram post in brief or banana costume for the 24/7 title and is trying to consummate his marriage. AND...it doesn't feel too far disconnected at all? It all works. Both Maverick and Kanellis are taking the opportunities they’re given and making the most of them. They’ve been on a roll recently. This match was what you want to watch on 205 Live if only one.

image.png

With SummerSlam only days away and his issues with Mike Kanellis behind him, General Manager Drake Maverick must decide who will challenge WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak.

Last week, Mike Kanellis nearly became the next challenger for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in an Unsanctioned Match against WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick. However, The Opportunist failed to claim victory, thus leaving Drew Gulak without an opponent for The Biggest Event of the Summer.

After his victory, Maverick declared that he likely wouldn’t continue to compete in the Cruiserweight division, but he would instead focus on his duties, namely finding the next challenger for the title.

As the champion awaits – ready to face anyone who dares step into the ring with him – how will Maverick determine who will challenge Gulak?
Don’t miss WWE 205 Live tonight at 10/9 C, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

A near week late but here we go! Carrillo (Handsome Humberto seems to be catching on, don't quote me on that) vs Lince Dorado kicked things off on a high note which given what Lucha House Party have become outside of this show i'd say is pretty good. I appreciate that 205 Live have been airing vignettes showing more about Carrillo, about his background ect because you need to do what you can to elevate the character and person at once. Anyone think the finish was a botch or intentional? 

The crowd can be so inconsistent at times, there are times when they chant "205" and "This is awesome!" but then there are times where they're quiet for the entire duration of the show. It's a shame that this was a case of the latter for this match.
Obviously by now we've seen the result of the Summerslam match for the championship but i still want to give props to this match last. Obviously similar to most other multi-man match we've seen on 205 Live over the last year this was an awesome six-way. I think if any match type is the speciality of the cruiserweights it's when four or more of them are in the ring together. The pace never slows down and the action is always exciting.
I really wish in retrospect that Oney becoming the number one contender happened a few weeks ago just to give their build more time but honestly when the match was set to me it sold itself on paper

Gulak and Lorcan to pick teams for a Captain’s Challenge Match
image.png

After their brutal SummerSlam rematch on WWE 205 Live, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan had a heated altercation and had to be separated by WWE officials and fellow Cruiserweights.

As a result of the chaos after the bout, WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick took to Twitter to announce that Gulak and Lorcan will each pick a team of five Superstars, including themselves, and compete in a Captain’s Challenge Match next week on WWE 205 Live.

Follow WWE 205 Live on Twitter and check back with WWE.com to see who Gulak and Lorcan choose for their respective teams.

Drew Gulak's first pick is Ariya Daivari. Oney Lorcan selected Gentleman Jack Gallagher.

205 Live and their multi-man matches. A more perfect combination doesn't exist. I'd go out of the way to make it a Survivor Series-style tag for the cruiserweights while they're at it. At the moment i'm not sure who will be in Team Drew aside from Daivari as nearly everyone else on the show is a face, though trouble seems to be brewing among the LHP. But seeing Danny Burch show up for team Oney makes a lot of sense right now.
Put 'em up ☝️