BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
BiC

Best Current Champion?

So I saw an article recently talking about this and I wanted to know your opinions. Who do you think is the best current champion right now? Honestly I would have to go with either Owens or The Usos. Owens is just a great heel and the "Face Of America" thing drives it home. The Usos are also great heels and this is them in their prime imo. I want them to be champions for a long time because I am loving everything they are doing right now.

Image result for Heel Usos gif

Guest Smith

I guess the excitement of seeing an underdog fight his way to the top and finally beat the bad guy is fun but once the underdog is the champion, he's no longer an underdog and all his character is gone. I believe that's what explains the domination of heels being better champions. It's easier to be a good heel champion than a good face champion, in my opinion. The best champions right now are as aforementioned, Owens, The Usos, Neville and my addition, Bobby Roode. If I had to pick one, I'd say The Usos are entertaining me the most at the moment.

I have a few champions who i view as being Very Good, Kevin Owens is great but he relies on the fact that he took Chris Jericho out too much and i think he needs to hold back on that one. Neville is amazing but since he aligned with TJP he's been a bit less interesting. In My opinion though Currently the best champion is Obviously BROCK LESNAR..... Just kidding, Its Asuka she has decimated the entire NXT Womens Roster and is an extremely believable undefeated champion and to be honest i hope she loses the belt in a way that she doesn't get pinned so she can remain undefeated when she goes to the main roster. 

In WWE, I'd have to say one everything is going to hate me for and that is Brock Lesnar.
You don't have to defend every single day to be a great champ and not appearing, only to come when it matters means it adds something different to it and means when we see a World Championship Match it is going to be special because you want it so damn much

6 minutes ago, "Mr Evolve" JoshsNow said:

In WWE, I'd have to say one everything is going to hate me for and that is Brock Lesnar.
You don't have to defend every single day to be a great champ and not appearing, only to come when it matters means it adds something different to it and means when we see a World Championship Match it is going to be special because you want it so damn much

He hasn't even defended it at all, and he's only appeared once since Mania. Each to their own opinion but there is no way that Brock Lesnar is the best champion.

I think currently The Usos are the best champions in the WWE. Very good heels and I think really good on the mic. Love their work also

If I had to choose out of the current crop, I'd choose Neville. He's been fantastic since his heel turn and has not disappointed in his Cruiserweight Championship reign. I think that out of all the current champions, he has shown the most promise and improvement. He came form being a practically silent, uber babyface who seemed as bough he would be nothing more than a glorified mid-career to becoming a hilight of Raw and the leader of the entire Cruiserweight division. His mic work is great, his in-ring work is brilliant and I think overall he has to be the WWE's best champion right now.

I don't see anyone better than Neville and I think I truly realized this with his feud with Austin Aries. Often Aries is so good he steals the spotlight pretty easily however he never once while involved in a segment with Neville was able to outshine the Cruiserweight Champion who is just so damn good on the microphone and in the ring. He's not just the best thing on 205 Live but I feel like on Monday Night RAW currently as well. Really looking forward to the day he moves back up with the heavyweights, however I see him as champion for a very long time.

My personal favorites are Jimmy and Jey Uso. They are the best tag team in WWE right now, and have been providing entertaining mic work, and along with that, gave great feuds in a short-handed tag team division. In feuds with American Alpha and Breezango, they have shone and really established themselves as the best heels on SmackDown, and this was a team everyone called stale.

I look forward to their segments every week on SmackDown and it makes it interesting.

I was reading a article on WrestleZone and it had a few on where a superstar ranks as that champion. So it got me thinking, "If they rank at this for that title, where would they be ranked as a champion against the rest?" So here is where you can say who the best champion in WWE right now is and state why. Mine is The Miz. It was hard to pick against Miz or AJ Styles but AJ Styles has always been a phenomenal champion everywhere he went, but The Miz had to set himself aside from everyone after so many years of being looked down apon. His ring work has gotten way better, his promos are the best in the WWE, and to me, he's slowly becoming the greatest Intercontial Champion of all time. 

With so many good champions in WWE right now its hard to pick a best but since I have to I'm going with Andrade "Cien" Almas, ok first of all no its not because he got a 5 star from Meltzer. The reason I think Andrade is the best champion in WWE right now is the fact that he has so many feature that just make him such a perfect champion. His in ring work is incredible and has been great since he turned into this evil Heel with Zelina Vega by his Side. Speaking of which Zelina Vega being around him makes up for the lack of Mic Skills he has due to english not being his first language. Finally Almas has the perfect look for a champion, everything about him just screams champion. 

I am going to say the Usos as I believe that they have been underrated. The Smackdown Tag division has flourished basically since the ShakeUp and they are one of the reasons for it. They continue to delive good in-ring perfomances whilist their feuds themselves can be great aswell, like we saw when they faced the New Day. I think beign on the Summerslam pre show ignited a fire under them and they have been killing it ever since.