BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Your Favorite WrestleMania?

Image result for wrestlemania logo png

What is your favorite WrestleMania?

Other than the obvious 15 and 17...

Mine has to be 22, a ton of great matches. Cena vs HHH, HBK vs Vince, Edge vs Foley, even the WHC Triple Threat was decent. Taker vs Henry was a bit disappointing, considering there were so many other guys he could have gone against but it was good for what it was worth, all around a great Mania.

Not the kind of guy to tune in to the Network and watch some old stuff, and considering i got into wrestling around 2012 it's got to be WrestleMania 31. Not the greatest, but it was good at the time for me. That was the first time i watched a live WrestleMania and enjoyed it. Kidd and Cesaro retained in a decent Fatal 4 Way for tag titles, Mizdow unfortunately lost the ATGMBR to Show, Bryan won the IC in a real good ladder match, Cena started his great US title reign by beating RuRu, HHH VS Sting in a rather mediocre match despite the appearance of nWo and DX. Wyatt VS Taker was okay, and Rollins created one of the best moment in WM history by cashing in.

For me its 26 easily, its the only Mania I have gone to and it had one of the best matches I have ever seen in it. We got a good match in Batista/Cena, a decent Money In The Bank. The triple threat match wasn't bad and it was awesome seeing the group (That I hated) split up. Edge and Jericho put on a good match that I enjoyed. The Diva tag match if I remember right was on this PPV and well. It was a multi man divas match soooo. But I think what really sold this for me is that I was in attendance. Shawn Michels last match and that it made me cry. Amazing Mania imo.

WrestleMania 22, the first ever wrestling show I ever watched. It was great in every since, from the match placement, the matches themselves, and even the entrances. As a kid watching that k was excited, and even going back and watching it I'm still excited to watch the matches, even when I know who will win.

Guest Smith

Since starting frequent viewing of WWE, my favorite WrestleMania has been 30 because the storylines leading into the event were incredible and seeing Daniel Bryan rise against all odds was truly amazing. However, I have gone back and watched a couple of older WrestleManias on the Network. From the ones I've gone back and watched, WrestleMania X-Seven, was my favorite.

On 28/06/2017 at 2:59 AM, Ryan Reeves said:

Not the kind of guy to tune in to the Network and watch some old stuff, and considering i got into wrestling around 2012 it's got to be WrestleMania 31. Not the greatest, but it was good at the time for me. That was the first time i watched a live WrestleMania and enjoyed it. Kidd and Cesaro retained in a decent Fatal 4 Way for tag titles, Mizdow unfortunately lost the ATGMBR to Show, Bryan won the IC in a real good ladder match, Cena started his great US title reign by beating RuRu, HHH VS Sting in a rather mediocre match despite the appearance of nWo and DX. Wyatt VS Taker was okay, and Rollins created one of the best moment in WM history by cashing in.

:mark:mark That is literally exactly what I would say!!! 

Out of the WrestleManias that have happened since I started watching wrestling, WrestleMania 30. The first ever Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal was a great way to start the tradition, with the surprise win of Cesaro after he turned on his tag team partner earlier in the night. Triple H vs Daniel Bryan was a great match to start the main show off with. It obviously had the streak breaking which was sad but a memorable moment, and of course the main event which had Daniel Bryan overcome the odds and win the WWE WHC in a triple threat match. It was an awesome match and I'll never forget it.

Personally my favourite wrestlemania that I've Seen is Wrestlemania 31 with Mania 30 coming in at a close second. 31 was really cool because it started out strong with that Awesome four way tag title match that had four of the best Tag teams in the division at the time with Kidd and Cesaro, New Day, The Usos and Los Matadores (Ok Los Matadores may not have been the best choice but it was a decent choice) then the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was fun and even though Big Show did win which annoyed me because Sandow should've won but that was probably the low point and at least it gave us the moment of Sandow turning on Miz. Then the show kicked off strong with the IC title ladder match which was really good and Bryan winning was a smart thing to get the crowd hyped up. Rollins VS Orton was also a really strong match in general and ended with that Really awesome Curb Stomp reversed into an RKO. Triple H VS Sting was great because of the spectacle of NWO VS DX which was awesome and even though HHH won it was still a good match and a really fun match. The Divas tag match (Yes I can call it that its pre womens revolution) was good and i'm just happy that AJ Lee is undefeated at Mania and Paige also won when she was still decent at that time and wasn't one of my least favourite female wrestlers. Cena VS Rusev was great looking back although Rusev losing sucked it did give us the US open challenge which was the best part of Raw for months and Raised the Belt to a whole new level and i'm hoping Someone brings it back soon and maybe they should just make it a part of the Championships Rule. Taker VS Wyatt had some good moments but it would've been more interesting if A. the sun went down and B. Taker was still undefeated however it was an awesome spectacle to see The Eater of Worlds VS The Deadman. And the best part of the show, the finish where everyone thought Roman was going to become dah Big Dawg and murder Brock Lesnar but instead Rollins Stole the show and did the best Money in the bank cash in. 

My two favorites would be Mania 19 and Mania 23, lot of great matches and memorable moments between both shows. Still think its incredible that Angle and Brock put on a great match despite the numerous problems with Kurt's neck and the shooting star botch. HBK vs Y2J was also fantastic and of course Austin's last match. Mania 23 had some great matches too, from the MITB Ladder match, Taker vs Batista, and Cena vs HBK. Vince getting his head shaved is also a classic.

WrestleMania 21 is a very good one. It had the rise of two of the biggest stars of the era in John Cena and Batista winning their first world titles. The iconic Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels match was here, The Undertaker vs Randy Orton, the first ever Money in The Bank match, plus Rey vs Eddie. Very stacked card and a great show from start to finish. 

It's close for me obviously 17 and 19 are great but i didnt actually see those live. Im gonnna go with the first ever WM i did see live. Wrestlemania 23. 24 is a close second but i perfer 23. Getting to see Taker vs Batista and Michaels vs Cena. Plus the battle of the Billionaires. And The MITB match was pretty awesome. Loved the show and it was  a great first WM to see

17 and 19 are the obvious ones that everyone will remember as stand outs because of the countless amount of great matches that took place on both of those shows. I haven't been watching WM's live for that long, but I recall 31 being very great show that I enjoyed a lot, so that will be my pick. 

While history has ruined it somewhat due to the nature of Chris Beniots death, it still doesn't change that this is the Wrestlemania that sticks with me all these years later. Honestly this answer is one i go back and forth on quite often because WWE has produced many great Wrestlemania events but this is the one I've gone back to the most.
Image result for wrestlemania 20 eddie guerrero and chris benoit
Watching both Benoit and Guerrero walk out of Madison Square Garden as world champions after they fought and clawed to their matches was satisfying. Both were great matches as well. Enough for WWE to recreate the Beniot victory for Daniel Bryan years later. And that ending shot is memorable. Also Christian vs Chris Jericho, Rock & Sock Connection reuniting amongst others.