BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
BiC

Favorite NJPW Wrestler

Okada's the best Wrestler in NJPW, and probably has one of the most realistic characters in Wrestling so I'd have to say him. It also helps that his psychology is amazing, as well as that dropkick, and most of his moveset, I truly believe that he was the one who was more responsible in the Omega matches than Omega as I feel Kenny Omega is overrated.

Okada, The reason he's better than Omega is because he's the guy who's been defending the world title over and over again and almost always the matches are good with at least one interesting element. Looking at his most recent Title Defenses, Shibata had a story of him trying to get to the spot he was always meant to have, Fale the big man it was going to be a hard fight for Okada, Omega the historic rematch who Okada considers his best opponent currently (Not of all time) and Cody the outsider trying to make history by becoming the first man to be IWGP Heavyweight Champion and ROH World Champ. Okada has proven that he is the best in New Japan time and time again, he's essentially Roman Reigns if the Crowd actually liked Roman Reigns. 

I'm gonna say Kenny Omega as I'm a Bullet Club Mark as I've really enjoyed his work since he attacked AJ Styles and became the leader. I don't watch NJPW a lot but from what I see Omega is definitely my favourite, and while people do praise him a lot and to the point where some people may consider him overrated, but I think that praise is definitely deserved for him.

Guest Smith

I'd have to say that my favorite is Hiromu Takahashi. I've only seen a few of his performances but that goes for anyone from NJPW for me. I like Takahashi because of his unique gimmick. I've never seen someone carry a teddy bear to the ring before and actually pulled it off. Furthermore, even though I've only seen Takahashi in 6+ man tag team matches, he seems as though he can put on a solid match. In addition, I like the stable he is in, Los Ingobernables de Japon.

Whenever this question comes up I usually rotate between any of the big four in NJPW (Okada, Omega, Tanahashi and Naito), but as of this year I've gravitated towards Okada more than anyone. I think it's moreso to do with how legendary his championship run has been than how excellent he is as a wrestler which has made me warm up to the dude, he's just been on a complete tear ever since he won the IWGP Heavyweight title with classics against Marufuji, Omega, Suzuki and Shibata. Each match was completely unique and distinct in it's story and still managed to elevate and protect his opponents on the losing side. I also love how slick and effortless his offense looks in the ring, the dude is a complete wrestling prodigy in pretty much all facets and I honestly believe he's the best wrestler in the world today.

As far as Junior Heavyweights go, KUSHIDA and Hiromu Takahashi are my favorites. For KUSHIDA, I think it's awesome how he incorporates BJJ into his wrestling with all the little things he does on the mat. He's so good at targeting the arms and legs with brutal, crisp efficiency plus his athleticism is off the charts. Takahashi on the other hand, is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in terms of style compared to KUSHIDA. He's a daredevil who lunges himself at his opponents with zero regard for his own wellbeing and it's so, so fun to watch. What separates him from the rest of the guys who wrestle this way is, few can pull it off while projecting as much flair and charisma with his gimmick than Hiromu does. Those two single handedly re-invigorated the division with their rivalry.

Mine is Okada for a huge reason. He has carried the weight of New Japan on his shoudlers to a almost record broken title reign as IGPW Champion. MOTY after MOTY each defense isn't proof that Okada is the greatest superstar in NJPW or that he manages to remain fresh with his gimmick and keeps his matches entertaining to please the fans and the company happy with each performance every time he competes in the ring against anyone. 

At first it was Hiromu Takahashi. Everything after Wrestle Kingdom 11, every time i caught NJPW with him on the card, it made me a fan of him. His style, the jackets, his explosive and unpredictable nature. Daryl! And in the ring he was one the best of his division. I hope he returns to the ring one day soon healthy.

Right now though it would need to be Zack Sabre Jr, these last few months have solidified that. Especially Wrestlemania week this year. One of, if not, the best chain wrestlers right now. He can string moves together faster and more accurate than most others and it makes the actions in the ring feel smooth. And his persona, his promos hook me in. 

Well it's been nearly 2 years since I said Okada and my opinion has changed slightly. I am honestly a massive fan of so many wrestlers in New Japan as a lot of you know but my personal favourite currently is to quote his hype man "He is submission master, He is Z-S-J, He is... ZACK SABREEEEEEE JR!". Over the last year or so Zack has made me a believer in the technical submission style of wrestling and has also made me appreciate that any move could be finishing move with Zack's impressive submission ability showing off that he could finish of any wrestler at any given time. His ability to make it believable that he could take any title at any time is also what makes me such a big fan of his, hopefully he wins a New Japan Championship soon but With the British Heavyweight Championship around his waist he appears to be doing just fine. 

Well... i don't watch a lot of NJPW but, the two people i've seen that caught my eye are Tama Tonga and Davey Boy Smith Jr.. I like both men because, they're great wrestlers and Tama Tonga is a great wrestler and i love his tag team (Guerillas of Destiny) with Tanga Loa. Davey Boy Smith Jr. has been one of my "boys" since i first saw him in WWE teaming with Tyson Kidd. I've always thought he was great and pretty underrated i also started liking him even more when i saw him at Josh Barnett's Bloodsport and when i saw him beating up the guy who attacked Bret at the 2019 Hall of Fame.

Out of the Big Four, my favourite is Jay White because of how he managed to resurrect Bullet Club and the way he shuts down his doubters all the time. Also, for a guy who is still considered above a rookie, he has built so much credibility behind his character ever since The Switchblade was born and even more so after he joined Bullet Club.

My favorite is Will Ospreay I don't what it is about him that make drawn to him. Maybe its excited high flying or his big talking. I love his moveset and special ring gear that he has especially his spiderman ring gear was sick. But I like of all is the finishers he has the storm breaker looks like it hurts and the opposing wrestler would be dizzy after the spins. They have taken and that makes more realistic in my eyes that opponents don't kick out.

Ok, time to ramble on about who some of my favourites are and why....in no particular order

SANADA - This man is great. He was in my first NJPW Main event, New Beginning in Osaka 2018 vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP Title. This being a huge spotlight for SANADA was probably a huge factor in me liking him. He performed excellently in that match, and Okada made him look like a million bucks. Once he hit the Moonsault Pres, I genuinely thought that was it. His gimmick is cool, the strong silent type, hard to rattle. He is technically awesome, has a flashy moveset, and also seems to be immune to Bullet Club shenanigans, as seen in the G1. SANADA has a certain star quality to him, with being a former 2-Time Tag Champ, and reaching the NJC Finals this year, see big things for the Cold Skull in the future.

El Desperado - Truly the most underrated Jr. Heavyweight in the whole promotion. Despy is lowkey amazing in the ring, with a bonkers awesome moveset. His character of a flamboyant sadistic masked musician asshole is great, fantastic promo, and he was an anchor of the thread-bare Jr. Heavyweight Tag Division in 2018 with Kanemaru. This man is the best and I demand that he be given all the belts immediately. 

Roppongi 3K - A pair of hunks that are stupid good in the ring, an established tag team, which I always love. SHO is an absolute beast, and YOH is lowkey great, often overshadowed by his partner. Rocky as their manager is great, although I'd love for R3K to maybe join forces with Kota Ibushi officially to form the ultimate hunk faction.

Tetsuya Naito - The Ingovernable one is an absolute star. One of NJPW's best in the ring, who also has a burning hatred for his own neck. 3-Time Intercontinental Champion, G1 Winner and former IWGP Champion, this guy is in need of at least one more run with the big title. He leads the coolest faction (besides Suzuki-gun), has the coolest character, and just has a magnetic charisma.

Shingo Takagi - I am not very familiar with his Dragon Gate work, but from what I've seen in NJPW, Shingo is a star. He has that intangible quality that makes wrestlers truly great. An absolute beast in the Jr. Division (Definitely kayfabing that Jr. Hvy Status), I am in love with his tough, yet agile powerhouse moveset and demeanour,  his rivalry with SHO is maybe one of the most compelling, and it's just bubbling away nicely in the background. He'll most certainly be winning the NEVER Title and/or the Jr. Title before the year is out, and more gold further down the road for The Dragon.

Zack Sabre Jr. - When I started watching NJPW, ZSJ was in line for a big push, winning the New Japan Cup last year. From then on, I knew Zack was my kind of wrestler. The overly british, catch-as-catch-can style morphed into this disgusting body horror of submissions and holds, and I absolutely love it. Zack is a true uppercard to main event stud, fully established with consistently dominant tournament performances, which I also love, and a plethora of fantastic matches with a variety of opponents.