BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emperor Nate

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman

20170724_SS_SSlam_Fatal4--e06d54d72be9c2

SummerSlam will serve as a day of reckoning when Brock Lesnar puts his Universal Championship on the line against Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman in a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine once-and-for-all who has the right to possess Raw’s most prestigious title.

The completely unpredictable contest was added to The Biggest Event of the Summer by Raw General Manager Kurt Angle, who saw the multi-man match as the only solution to a very complicated Universal Title picture.

Prior to the Universal Title Match between Lesnar and Samoa Joe at WWE Great Balls of Fire, Reigns announced his intentions to challenge the winner at SummerSlam. It seemed like a reasonable demand after The Big Dog overcame The Undertaker at WrestleMania to claim WWE as “his yard.”

However, Reigns went on to lose a brutal Ambulance Match to his longstanding adversary Braun Strowman at WWE Great Balls of Fire before unleashing a ruthless post-match assault, backing the ambulance containing Strowman into a parked truck at break-neck speed in an assault that The Monster Among Men barely – and miraculously -- walked away from. The harrowing incident seemingly took Strowman out of the equation, but Lesnar and his advocate Paul Heyman still wondered how The Big Dog’s challenge should stand after losing his match.

That question was further compounded by the fact that Samoa Joe took The Conqueror to the absolute limit in their July 9 pay-per-view showdown, leaving little doubt that he had a legitimate claim to a rematch against The Beast at WWE’s biggest pay-per-view of the summer.

It was in this turbulent atmosphere that Reigns battled Joe on Raw to determine who would challenge the Universal Champion. Before a winner could be decided, however, Strowman suddenly returned to Raw and laid waste to both grapplers!

After the three competitors stepped into the squared circle the following week to make their case to stand toe-to-toe with The Beast, Angle decided that all three Superstars would get their opportunity.

Will one of them accomplish the monumental challenge of taking the title away from “the reigning, defending, undisputed Universal Champion?” Find out when SummerSlam returns to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, Sunday, Aug. 20, at 8 ET/5 PT, steaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

WWE.com

What a main event. 4 big men who just kick ass and by far the best thing on RAW right now. The build up to this match has been amazing, so many twist and turns leading to this huge main event that imo should end of Summerslam. I think all 4 men will showcase their skills and it will be one hell of a match. As for who is winning I would say Reigns, and I could go on for a huge rant on how I think it sucks but I am going to look at the good. Regns is there week in and week out and he can be a good champion, key word CAN. I hope they book him right and I hope they give these 4 the run time they deserve. Brock matches are not very long but with 3 other people to carry I think it can be a really good match.

I'm so glad this match is happening, the four best guys on RAW for me right now all battling it out. Brock does his best work in multi-man matches so he should do well in this match, he should also get a huge spot with Strowman so that's what I'm looking forward to. This match is going to be really good in my opinion, definitely worthy of the main event over anything that SmackDown could get, especially with Mahal possibly not even defending the WWE Championship. All four are hard hitting, great superstars and I hope some weapons get brought into this.

As for who I think is going to win, I think it's highly likely that Reigns will win the belt or Lesnar will retain. Although he still isn't as good as some of the guys on the roster, Reigns still could make a good champion if they use him right. RAW has been really good at booking recently so I think they could pull it off. As for Lesnar, I think he might retain because of the rumours that came up awhile ago that said that WWE wants him to hold the belt until Mania and then drop it to Reigns. Either way, if Reigns wins I it'll be because of pinning somebody else and then Lesnar gets a rematch at whatever PPV is next.

As for who I want to win, Joe. I haven't enjoyed Joe a whole lot in the past but ever since he became Number One contender I have absolutely loved his work on RAW. His intensity, mic work, ring-ability and moveset for a guy of his stature is just phenomenal. He has been awesome recently and I hope he wins this match, although I don't think he will.

This is Summerslam- Main event worthy. The 3 best full-timers and one of the biggest draws in WWE right now battling it out. This also means that it is probably going to be Brock vs Roman in the Wrestlemania main event. I don't see why they wouldn't have done that match if Reigns gets the belt here, because the thing about the match is Reigns going over by defeating Lesnar, so I think Lesnar is pinning Strowman, because Joe has been doing so great that they probably want him to be the next big thing. 

What I think will happen after this match: I think (looking at what is happening in the IC picture) that WWE will reunite the shield for a few matches, and then have Reigns win the rumble. I think Joe will get another one on one, and that Strowman/Balor/Rollins will face Lesnar before WM.

Guest Smith

This match should be amazing. All four of these men have been built as absolute beasts recently and crashing all of them together in one match should entail for an absolute demolition derby. Not only are they four beasts but they're the top four on RAW at the moment. I really hope they just let these four guys just tear each other apart with a solid amount of time to do so. I could imagine each four of these men having their own moments where they clear the ring.

I'm pretty sure Reigns is going to win here. There were talks about Reigns beating Lesnar for the title at SummerSlam previously but there were also talks of WWE wanting to do Reigns vs Lesnar at WrestleMania again and I think having a fatal four-way is WWE's plan to getting both of those things without repeating the same match. I reckon they'll have Reigns win but he won't pin Lesnar. He'll probably end up pinning Joe since Strowman isn't really an option when it comes to taking a pinfall.

Honestly, that's what I want to happen. Despite all the hate Reigns gets, when he comes out on RAW, he entertains me. Whether it's seeing how many boos he can tease out of the marks or beating people up, I find him entertaining. Joe and Strowman are good as well but I think I'd rather see Joe carry a midcard title first and as for Strowman, I just can't see him with the belt yet. As for Lesnar, I think he should give the title up now before people start to really get annoyed by him not appearing as often as a champion should.

Seriously, SmackDown needs to take notes from RAW. RAW has managed to get an absolutely momentous main event match for SummerSlam where as SmackDown is going to end up with something with Mahal in it. Even though we don't know the main event for SmackDown yet, it's probably going to be Cena vs Mahal or something along those lines and that just doesn't measure up to Lesnar vs Joe vs Reigns vs Strowman right now.

The build up to this match has been SO GOOD! This makes the smackdown title scene look like absolute trash the 4 best guys on raw hands down. Roman has improved greatly and along with the red hot Samoa Joe and the monster among men this match is super hyped up. Now I REALLY hope it delivers this has been months of build up all coming to a head at the biggest party of the summer. I love all 4 of these guys, I think Brock despite not being a full time guy has been a decent Universal champion, Samoa Joe is probably my favorite right now on the entire roster. Roman Reigns has improves massively and I wouldn't mind a Roman Reigns champion at all. Braun Strowman since joining the wyatts has quickly developed into a future world championship and that is a very true fact. 

Now as for my prediction as much as I want Joe to win the belt I am going to have to go with Brock Lesnar Vince really wants Roman and Brock round 2 at WM which isn't a problem whatsoever. But I would much rather out of favoritism much rather have Joe win. I am so hyped for this match and I cannot wait till summerslam I hope WWE delivers and makes this the main event.

Out of the 4 men in the match i think Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns should win Because in My Opinion

If braun strowman wins he's going to lose the title and go nowhere just like big show mark henry and great khali

I dont want Joe to win because he's not ready yet and Its like roman reigns said  Romans been there since 2012 and he's won

- The Tag Team Titles

- Royal Rumble

- WWE Title 3 Times

- United States Title

- Main event 3 Wrestlemanias

What has joe or Braun done since their debut? Nothing They could team joe and braun up and go after the tag titles i mean Realistically who the hell is going to stop Braun And Joe? Nobody and then 6 months down the line they could split up due to tension and feud together I hope Reigns or Lesnar wins

4 hours ago, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

Out of the 4 men in the match i think Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns should win Because in My Opinion

If braun strowman wins he's going to lose the title and go nowhere just like big show mark henry and great khali

I dont want Joe to win because he's not ready yet and Its like roman reigns said  Romans been there since 2012 and he's won

- The Tag Team Titles

- Royal Rumble

- WWE Title 3 Times

- United States Title

- Main event 3 Wrestlemanias

What has joe or Braun done since their debut? Nothing They could team joe and braun up and go after the tag titles i mean Realistically who the hell is going to stop Braun And Joe? Nobody and then 6 months down the line they could split up due to tension and feud together I hope Reigns or Lesnar wins

A few things, 

Just because someone has done nothing since their debut doesn't mean they shouldn't win. If that logic works all the time then how is anybody supposed to ever win anything? Joe and Strowman have been the two most entertaining guys out of this match in my opinion. Joe isn't ready? How? He's a great talker, fantastic in the ring; he's very agile for his size, and the crowd like him. I don see in any way how he isn't ready. Strowman will go nowhere, I doubt that. The crowd love him and he's been so entertaining since splitting from The Wyatts.

This deserves to be a main event match at a huge PPV. RAW has really been stepping up its game as of recent and they deserve the main event. Strowman has really impressed a lot of people and this is his highest caliber match so far. Lesnar will always be a main event draw and Lesnar and Roman is Roman. Joe is becoming a star quickly too.

My prediction is that Roman will win. While this sounds bad, I would rather have a wrestler who is there everyday as opposed to one who only shows up every couple of months. Unfortunately, this is probably leading to the Roman v Brock II match at Wrestlemania, but a lot can change from now to then.

Roman Reigns or Samoa Joe are the best choices to win, and I prefer Roman at the moment since he's getting a bigger reaction, but I wouldn't mind seeing Joe get a run with the belt before dropping it to Roman because we all know that if Brock loses the title, Roman will be the champion heading into WrestleMania. Overall this should be a good match, I absolutely do NOT want Braun Strowman to win this because he's actually not ready to hold a World Title yet. Should be a hard hitting match with tons of cool spots and will satisfy.

2 hours ago, Bashka said:

A few things, 

Just because someone has done nothing since their debut doesn't mean they shouldn't win. If that logic works all the time then how is anybody supposed to ever win anything? Joe and Strowman have been the two most entertaining guys out of this match in my opinion. Joe isn't ready? How? He's a great talker, fantastic in the ring; he's very agile for his size, and the crowd like him. I don see in any way how he isn't ready. Strowman will go nowhere, I doubt that. The crowd love him and he's been so entertaining since splitting from The Wyatts.

let's say Joe does win then i have every right to call people out and expose them as hypocrites.......... they are crying about roman reigns not being booked to win a mid card title when he won a tag title Before a world title................but if its someone like Balor Joe Styles Nakamura Roode they dont say a word..........................why? Because they are an outsider and an outsider doesn't get the same treatment as everyone else..................i feel once you debut in the WWE you should work your way up from  a mid card champion to a world champion i mean not even Daniel Bryan or Seth Rollins were handed a world title shot Rollins (Tag Champion) Bryan (US Champion)

Do the fans really love braun or are they just lying to themselves? i dont buy this whole crap with oh you hated him in the Wyatt family but love him on his own.............Look at The Shield I dislike them but it took them 6 months to win me over

8 hours ago, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

let's say Joe does win then i have every right to call people out and expose them as hypocrites.......... they are crying about roman reigns not being booked to win a mid card title when he won a tag title Before a world title................but if its someone like Balor Joe Styles Nakamura Roode they dont say a word..........................why? Because they are an outsider and an outsider doesn't get the same treatment as everyone else..................i feel once you debut in the WWE you should work your way up from  a mid card champion to a world champion i mean not even Daniel Bryan or Seth Rollins were handed a world title shot Rollins (Tag Champion) Bryan (US Champion)

Do the fans really love braun or are they just lying to themselves? i dont buy this whole crap with oh you hated him in the Wyatt family but love him on his own.............Look at The Shield I dislike them but it took them 6 months to win me over

If Joe does win you don't have the right to call them a hypocrite, because while, yes, Joe did work in the independent scene, he has the mic work and ring ability that Reigns did not have when he won the world title. All of those guys you mentioned all have great work in the ring that Reigns did not have when he first won the world title, some of them have great mic work too.

I really love Braun, I disliked him in The Wyatt Family because it looked like he was just going to be another boring big guy, but ever since he went out on his own the crowd have loved him because he's actually been entertaining.

Well let me show my opinion on what can come out of each man winning the Universal Championship at SummerSlam. 

Brock Lesnar: Him winning can lead to a exact year as champion cause i don't see him losing the title at a payperview other than SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, or WreslteMania. So that means after SummerSlam, if he's still champion, he'll probably defend three more times and That's it. 

Roman Reigns: A full time champion who will be utterly trashed by the fans every time he wins a match. A good wrestler who gets rammed down our throats every chance Vince got. 

Braun Strowman: The pop would be huuuuge. Strowman is a perfect example of character development. He went from playing a big strong guy to the Monster Among Men who kicks royal ass and is extremely over with the fans. But I doubt Vince would want him to win over the big dog or the beast in this case. 

Samoa Joe: Probably the best wrestler in the match who's incredibly gifted for his built. He'd be a great champion, that's if creative can see that happening at all. 

On 7/29/2017 at 1:25 AM, Bashka said:

If Joe does win you don't have the right to call them a hypocrite, because while, yes, Joe did work in the independent scene, he has the mic work and ring ability that Reigns did not have when he won the world title. All of those guys you mentioned all have great work in the ring that Reigns did not have when he first won the world title, some of them have great mic work too.

I really love Braun, I disliked him in The Wyatt Family because it looked like he was just going to be another boring big guy, but ever since he went out on his own the crowd have loved him because he's actually been entertaining.

Braun Strowman will still be another boring big guy, i dont trust WWE to use Braun or Big Cass in the next 5 years Look at khali The guy was a beast and what happened his tallness was his downfall he was restricted Braun is Young but sooner or later his height will be his downfall

Samoa Joe You guys keep telling me stuff i already know by watching him in TNA His Nation Of Violence was some of his best work he made the character so well to the point we thought he'd destroy Main Event Mafia What Happened He Swerved us all and Joined MEM but before that he was X-Division Champion before the world champion............speaking of mid card titles Someone on Twitter said and i 100% Agree with them if more big guys like a Sami Zayn a Nakamura or a Samoa Joe won the mid card title WWE would be in a better place think of what joe and nakamura can do for the belt the prestige it would bring

I'm going to be honest and you guys are not going to like this NXT and WWE Sucks and has become a Retirement home for people like Samoa Joe Bobby Roode Eric Young Bobby Fische Nakamura AJ Styles Every Since Dusty Rhodes Died.

Roman Reigns At 1st i wanted him to be a mute when some people wanted him to talk example TheRCWRShow And Then  the more he cut a promo like the one last week the one with brock lesnar before mania 31 and you're damn right when roman reigns is  in the house John Cena Sucks

But here's the thing do you force Someone like roman reigns to be a mid carder? i mean look what happened he failed as a mid carder so that leaves 2 Options Tag Team (Breeze Rollins Ambrose) or Main Event Scene

At the end of the day if Braun or Joe win then WWE Will have proven me right and they will give anyone a world title shot without winning a mid card title

On this week's WWE RAW, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar confronted Kurt Angle. Heyman complained about the fatal four-way Universal Title match at Summerslam being a disadvantage for Lesnar. Heyman said that if Lesnar loses the Universal Title at the PPV, Lesnar will leave WWE and Heyman will also be leaving. 

NoDQ

This was actually an amazing way to build more hype, so now the question is... Does Lesnar lose and bolt for UFC or does he stay and continue to defend Universal?

I think this is awesome. As much as I don't want to see it I am still going with Reigns to win, because I think Lesnars time in WWE is up. But I also think its a bit of false because I think Lesnar will go to UFC for a bit, get money and fans. Then come back to WWE for some more money, but as of the fatal four way. I am still going with my original choice of Roman Reigns

I stil think Lesnar is going to win regardless of this new stipulation. The reports are that his contract runs till Wrestlemania, and I don't see why WWE wouldn't use his contract to the final moments, given that he is one of the only big draws (some say the biggest) in wrestling. But it adds even more excitement to an already hyped match, so it's good decision to add this stipulation in my opinion.

BrendenPlayz Forums "PPV Events"

2a2gqt.jpg 9UWkFA6l.pngd6BGZqe.png MYiU0yF.png