Latest News
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
"The Killer" Angelo Caito

How Long Till Superstar Retires Thread

tMw2cJn.jpg

15 years in the WWE. Four Time Tag Team Champion, Five time United States Champion, a amazing ten Slammies, and to top it off, a sixteen time World Champion. But when will that legendary career end? At the age forty years and still kicking it hard, some wonder when that all will be drained out. What's al of your opinions on when John Cena should hang up the sneakers? I believe within the next five through ten years in the WWE and his final match should be against either Roman, Seth, or Neville at a WreslteMania. 

Cena will hang around on a part time basis for probably another 5 years. It's possible he goes until he's 50 and does a mania match every year like a Hogan would. He's a WWE lifer and will always play a part in the company. But his Hollywood career is picking up and it's possible he will be filled up with projects that could force him to maybe 3 or 4 months on the road every year for a while if not more. Less is more with cena. Having him for 2 or 3 month bursts twice a year is effective and more tolerable. 

I feel like he only has a few years left with his very demanding schedule outside WWE with all of the movies he's doing now. Can only really see him appearing on a part-time basis now. He'll make it to about 20 years in the WWE I'd say and then retire from wrestling completely to work on more stuff outside the business and make a few surprise appearances every now and then. The retirement match for me might be Cena putting over a new talent at Wrestlemania in a passing of the torch match, which could honestly be anyone in the next few years, or a loss to Roman Reigns or Finn Balor at Wrestlemania. I'm sure they'll have something big planned for Cena's retirement match anyways.

Give him around 5 years and he'll be on a schedule like The Rock. He'll drop in every now and then, probably having matches at WrestleMania but will spend most of his time in Hollywood. In some ways, it'll be good for WWE. By that time he will have been with the company for 20 years and he's already done everything there is in WWE. Therefore, letting him have more time outside of the company, dominating the mainstream media will attract more viewers to WWE, just like The Rock has been doing for years now.

You can already tell the schedule for WWE is starting to fade away, more TV shows and movies want him and eventually he'll be like The Rock, not as successful probably but schedule-wise, the same. With Cena going in probably 3-5 years, it'll give young talent an opportunity to shine. The merchandise sales will go down but people will watch whenever Cena appears, because he's such a good wrestler and it'll be such a rare occasion that he makes people wanna tune in.

UYoFfTp.jpg

Almost two years into the WWE and he's already considered one of the greatest in that company's history.... Which is ironic since that's what other companies considered him as well. A nineteen year veteran of wrestling, AJ Styles won championships in every company he competed in. Wither it be the grand slam in TNA, or dominating as the World Champion of Japan or starting out with Ring of Honor, or ending as the WWE Champion, AJ Styles has done it all all over the world. At the age of forty, he still flies like he was twenty. I see him wrestling for another two to five years before he deservingly retires and spends the rest of his life with his family. 

Due to Style's age, I see that as the reason WWE have already gotten as much out of him as they can with the great world title reign and handful of great matches he has already had in his short time within the WWE. I see him going for perhaps another two or three more years, if they're anything like his first two they should be a great watch.

I give style another 6-7 years he in incredible shape and even though only being in the WWE for only two years he has done almost anything they throw at him. AJ Styles has had an amazing career worldwide and an amazing career so far in the WWE would hate to even start thinking about him retiring he still has a lot of juice left in the tank.

I'm gonna be hopeful and say 5-7 years. I don't wanna think about it though cause even though it's only been 2 years it feels like AJ has been in the WWE forever almost. He's been wrestling for 19 years. That's insane. After 5 or 6 more years he deserves an end. Although knowing him he'll be hell bent on continuing his wrestling.

I think Styles will go 4-5 more years in WWE, he has already done everything. Been in a tag team, wrestled at Mania, been in MITB, been in the Rumble, amazing world title reign, held the US title. And has put on many, MANY amazing matches throughout his career. Styles is the best pro wrestler in the world and he may just go down as THE best ever. I think Styles should retire before he starts to slow down. Because just pushing it might ruin everything. Styles should retire in 4-5 years as sad as it is.

He'll probably retire around the same time as Cena starts to become as much of a part-timer as Brock and The Rock. However, when AJ retires, I think that'll be it. He might come back for special appearances but I doubt he'll be turning up as much as Cena will be. I'd say Styles will keep going for about five more years.

So I decided to make my How Long Till (Insert wrestler) Retires From WWE posts into a thread. First up:

VGCX8gH.jpg

Once known as The Giant in WCW, then debuted as Paul Wight, then as The Big Show, a no doubt Hall Of Famer for his consist and dedication for the WWE. A former multi time World Champion with WCW, ECW, and WWE, a feat no one else can claim. Big Show is currently forty five years of age, and is in the best shape of his entire life. For me, he definitely retires next year after WreslteMania 34 and then the year after he gets into the Hall Of Fame. 

Big Show will retire next year around Mania, I think he will only have 10 or so more televised matches either way. I think after he hangs up his boots he will do some kayfabe managing stuff but other then that I think he will do a lot backstage. Even when he does retire I do not think he will leave WWE but be backstage personal. He is a sure HOF, I just don't think he will be put in the year he retires

I don't think Kane is far behind Big Show, they don't really have anything for him anymore and it's pretty obvious he wants to focus on his political career. I think if he's even at this mania, it'll be his last. A great guy with a great career but he's completely run out of steam and retirement seems like the natural choice here.

I think AJ has another 5-6 years left I think he won't become a part timer he will just retire after and that's it he is about the same age as Cena so I'd say they might retire around the same time for Big Show I think he has 1 more year left maybe after wreslemaina 34 or 35 I think after one of these he's gone 

PfXzPBe.jpg

Someone say Bow Down To The King? A legend in WWE for his over twenty years in the WWE, debuting in as the rich and arrogant wrestler, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Triple H transformed to the goof ball in DX, then into the fourteen time World Champion, The Game, Cerebral Assassin, the King Of Kings, and now COO of WWE. At the age forty eight, I don't see him lasting longer as a part time wrestler. I see him retiring in 2018 after one last match against Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, or versus Shane McMahon even. 

4S0NIyg.jpg

One of the most underrated and underappreciated superstars to ever step into a ring, Goldust had it all: mic work, in ring chemistry, the look fit his character so well. Debuted in WWE as the exploritng sexual heel and transforming to the man we got today, known as the former three time Intercontinental Champion. But at the age forty eight, when does this movie project end? Maybe within the next year or two possibly.