BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

SmackDown Women's Championship Discussion

Image result for smackdown womens championship wwe.com  png

Another title that was introduced in 2016, the SmackDown Women's Championship quickly became a hot commodity after Becky Lynch won the championship, becoming the inaugural champion. Lynch would be defeated by Alexa Bliss at TLC 2016, and Alexa would be defeated by Naomi, but due to injury could not compete. Alexa would win the title back that night. This championship has made many additions to the women's division, such as featuring the first Women's Money In The Bank holder along with the first ever 1 on 1 Women's Tables Match.

Here is a place to discuss the current champion, what you think of him, how you view the SmackDown Women's Championship and if you like the rivalry currently happening over it.

Current Champion: Bayley
Former Champion: Charlotte 
Won At: Money in the Bank 2019
Next Challenger: Alexa Bliss

The SmackDown Women's Championship at first was a goldmine on SmackDown. Had the Firery Lasskicker Becky Lynch as the first champion beating five women to win the title, good matches after that as well. Plus we saw a great run with Alexa Bliss. Now to Naomi. I always wanted her to be a women's champion and I'm glad she is honestly i am, but I think it's time to pass the title to someone else. And I'm sorry it's not Natalya. I'm hoping for Charlotte to become the Women's Champion to furthur the division out. 

I can never get behind womens wrestling, the resurgence they had at Mania 32 was a bit of a boost but I feel like it has dropped drastically, ever since being made the womens titles have been handed back and fourth and the feeds for it last for months. PPV after PPV of the same two women and I am not into it as of late.

I don't see Becky beating Asuka at the Royal Rumble and if rumours are to be believed both Charlotte and Becky arguably two of Smackdown's biggest Female competitors will not be competing for the Smackdown Women's Championship. This leaves Asuka with Carmella, Mandy Rose, Lana, Zelina Vega, Sonya Deville, The IIconics and Naomi. IIconics, Lana and Zelina Vega can be ruled out immediately, Carmella doesn't really deserve another Women's Championship match and Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville while good are untried and unproven. This leaves Naomi who does deserve a shot at the Smackdown Women's title but isn't really a high profile match. What WWE could do is have the Royal Rumble winner challenge Asuka or even an NXT Callup. It's a very interesting situation at the moment 

Ronda is likely to move to SmackDown in the "Superstar Shakeup", the worst name ever to call a draft. So the chances are she wins the belt in the distant future, maybe Summerslam again? As for Royal Rumble, I could see Naomi vs Asuka vs Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville being an option. It would be a way to give Naomi a shot while also ending the whole Uso/Rose storyline.

8 minutes ago, The Marker said:

I see Mandy as being a future Women's Champion, I just see something in her that makes me believe that she can be a champion, I've also heard that she might get a big push soon enough so that's great for her

With both Becky and Charlotte potentially going to Raw after Wrestlemania it does open up some spots in the Smackdown Women's Roster. Mandy is probably someone who could step up.

Personally Asuka is a good choice to be Champion right now. I hope she actually has a good reign.

I'm so scared for this championship, i mean we are getting RAW Womens Championship segments on Smackdown, that doesn't even make sense. I don't think whatever fuck fest of a match they put together for Mania won't be any good and won't have time, maybe even on the pre show. Actually, i'd rather see the CW on the main show then the SD Women. Don't get me wrong, asuka is great and all, but I just don't see this going anywhere. WWE is screweing over this title, and I think the titles should just merge at Summerslam

2 hours ago, BiC said:

I'm so scared for this championship, i mean we are getting RAW Womens Championship segments on Smackdown, that doesn't even make sense. I don't think whatever fuck fest of a match they put together for Mania won't be any good and won't have time, maybe even on the pre show. Actually, i'd rather see the CW on the main show then the SD Women. Don't get me wrong, asuka is great and all, but I just don't see this going anywhere. WWE is screweing over this title, and I think the titles should just merge at Summerslam

to be fair Asuka shouldn't even be champion considering she hasnt defended the title since january  and we are in march which is sad because that's not her fault

14 hours ago, Gwynfro said:

they just unify the titles to just one Women's Championship.

I truly hope that isn't the direction they go. They have bolstered up their division enough that having a women's championship on each brand is needed. I don't trust WWE to give the women prominent storylines without gold involved. 
I think if Becky wins at Wrestlemania she will as you said hold both for a while, jumping between shoes but probably lose the RAW Championship to Charlotte who switches brands or someone else. I think for the moment Becky is a blue brand mainstay. There might be a possible post Wrestlemania shakeup so someone on Smackdown could take that Charlotte spot as they switch brands.

I don't like that this has basically become the Charlotte championship but then again the same thing could be said about The RAW Womens championship. Honestly not a fan of the whole double champ thing, if they were going to permanently unify them then I'd be fine with it but I've never been a fan of people defending two championships at once so I hope Becky loses one of these and i'd prefer if she lost the SD Womens title to Ember or Bayley since it is kind of the workhorse belt of the two titles. 

I agree with FDS, like I said before it's likely Charlotte will be the champion at Money in the Bank, but there are plenty of women who could be champions on Smackdown. Ember Moon, Bayley, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Asuka, Kairi Sane. Hard to fit in title runs for some of these women, it makes me wonder why a couple didn't go to Raw or stay there (Like Bayley who at first I was glad she came to Smackdown but now looking at how good the Division is, I wonder if it was that right of a move.)