WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

SmackDown Women's Championship Discussion

A while ago i read a comment saying that Bayley should be booked less like naive big kid and more like the Steve Rogers of the division, I haven't been able to see her as anything less. She has become one of my favourites on Smackdown since she was traded to the blue brand and i feel and hope this reign shows she can lead a division. 

Alexa Bliss going for the Smackdown Women's Championship has its pros and cons. Cons being she is a RAW Superstar. I really don't like the idea of the Wild Card rule but at least i'd rather not have other branded wrestlers fight for other branded championships. 24/7 and Women's Tag Team Championships are the floaters not the rest. And they have a full Smackdown Women's roster to work with.  Also i'm at the moment very interested in the potential in the story of Bliss and Cross becoming a team longer term and their relationship. 
On the other can see the potential good story to be told here. Bayley has come a long way from where the two of them last feuded in the god awful feud they had.  I can see then using this match as a way for Bayley to overcome her past shortcomings and further herself as a babyface champion. 

The SmackDown women's division has an influx of talent most promotions would kill to attain on a singular roster, but they aren't being utilised. While I don't mind Alexa, I would much rather not have a Raw superstar chasing a SmackDown championship, lest the brand split being quite officially dead as a result. Bayley hasn't done horribly with the title yet, but she certainly hasn't done anything of note either. Time will tell how well she can hold the gold, but I right now the future looks dim for the women's division as a whole.

I'd like to see the Smackdown Women's Championship to be defended against Smackdown women, but it looks like we cant have that now because of the Wildcard Rule. I don't mind Bayley as champ, although I'm not a big fan of her character and this feud with Alexa Bliss is absolute shit. It's about likes on social media, friendships and taking photos with fans. This is just shit that pisses me off, even more than Alexa being a RAW person challenging for a SD title. It really feels like this is a Divas storyline. One other observation, is it only me who sees that the women's feuds have gone to shit ever since Rousey left?

I really enjoyed the Bliss vs Bayley feud they built up for themselves at Stomping Grounds but going off backstage comments after the PPV it seems like their paths might be diverting with Bliss/Cross moving on to feuding with themselves or others while Bayley is working tirelessly to promote matches with Asuka, Ember Moon, Mickie James and Liv Morgan on social platforms. Liv Morgan specifically the first name called out which is interesting to see. Bayley was right leaning on their history through The Riott Squad feuds it would be a fun way to build Liv up as a singles competitor through a feud with Bayley for Extreme Rules. I could see Liv leaning on the chaotic nature of a stipulation match for her advantage. 

15 minutes ago, Arius said:

Liv Morgan specifically the first name called out which is interesting to see. Bayley was right leaning on their history through The Riott Squad feuds it would be a fun way to build Liv up as a singles competitor through a feud with Bayley for Extreme Rules. I could see Liv leaning on the chaotic nature of a stipulation match for her advantage. 

If Liv Morgan returns on Smackdown with a Crazy gimmick like she was doing towards the end of the feud with the Riott Squad I think giving her a match at Extreme Rules with a stipulation for the SD Women's Championship would be a brilliant idea. Let her and Bayley have a short three week feud with Bayley winning before moving on to someone bigger for Summerslam like Charlotte or maybe a returning Sasha Banks 

Why does WWE feel the need to keep Alexa Bliss vs Bayley going? I mean the feud is okay in my opinion but I'd much rather have Bliss & Cross either go for Women's Tag or Raw Women's on their own brand. If WWE is too lazy to come up with a new formula for the Women's feud, just replace Bliss & Cross with Rose & Deville. It's different, you don't need to keep overworking these cross brand people, and it also DOESN'T USE THE STUPID WILD CARD RULE. Just like Bayley said in her promo, she should be able to move on from this feud and build the division around SMACKDOWN STARS (as she only named SmackDown names) because that'd be much much better than what we see now in my opinion.

Completely agree with Hans with what he has said but I do see potential in this. Bayley and Moon as a match should be good and worst case scenario Charlotte Flair is always there. You can also do Sasha vs Bayley as well which would be pretty good considering where both stand. In much better hands than the RAW Women right now 

Heel Bayley has gone over surprisingly well, and with Bayley the Women's title is probably secured for a good while. She just recently won the belt and is receiving a rather large push, so I would not expect a challenger to dethrone her until deep into WrestleMania season next year, maybe at the Show of Shows or maybe after. Smackdown's women's division is in a good spot right now at the top, but after Bayley and Sasha it starts to get a little thin. Be prepared to see the same storylines over and over, and get ready for more complaints from fans that the division is stale in 2 months.

Heel Bayley has been interesting to watch, Its refreshing seeing a character change for bayley. She's been booked pretty well as the champ, all of her challengers before mania will probably be the likes of Lacey Evans, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, etc. I would imagine they would go for Bayley vs Sasha at mania with sasha being the face this time around. I'm not entirely sold on the idea, but That's a possibility for what bayley does at mania. 

Earlier this week it was revealed Bayley has now officially held the SmackDown Women’s Championship longer than anyone else and i'm not sure how to feel about it. Her feud with Bliss and Cross was fun for myself but I feel like most of the long WWE reigns for any belt except the main titles (i.e. World/WWE/Universal) are when the champion has an uninteresting reign/the company seemingly forgets they are champion. Bayley found herself in that issue when she was taking a backseat almost to Sasha Banks on her return. It's a real shame. It looks nice in the history books and a few years from now the commentary can bring it up as accolade that sounds good, but the only thing I remember about Bayley's title reign is how she won it. The same could be said for Nakamura right now, except I don't even remember how he won it unless i thought real hard (beat Finn at Extreme Rules in July), the most memorable thing about his reign is that he changed the design of the belt and his pairing with Sami Zayn which has been entertaining. When it comes to anything other than the top of the card, so many titles just go missing for long spells.

Ah Bayley. Whilst she has reigned twice with the belt, both reigns have been instantly forgetful. She has defended the belt a fair amount to be fair to her though, however none have been good matches 

Its a shame because this belt started the year well but has just been forgotten about. Asuka had a great reign, before her Becky had a great reign. 

But after Mania the belt has almost been treated poorly. Charlotte held the belt for a combined 16 days across 3 Reigns, Bayley doesn’t seem herself anymore and Becky didn’t have a great run with it either.

And when Bayley has defended the belt, they have been bad matches as well. And I don’t mean matches that aren’t great, I mean BAD matches

Think Bliss at Stomping Grounds, or Ember at SummerSlam, or Charlotte at Clash of Champions. Bayley vs Charlotte lasted 3:45 for crying out loud. LESS THAN 4 MINUTES

Sorry for the Bullet-esque rant but I am very disappointed in how WWE have booked the women’s division post main eventing Mania, hopefully 2020 will be an improvement 

I have said this since Sasha Banks returned, whilst Bayley has become the longest reigning Smackdown Women's Champion it certainly does not feel that she is the main focus of the Women's Division. You can even see it with how Bayley is currently feuding with Lacey Evans assuming that the match even gets on the rumble card but it doesn't feel to me that Bayley is the leader of the group. Don't get me wrong,Bayley turning heel has definitely freshened up her character but it gets overshadowed by the fact that Sasha is a more polarizing figure in that division.

It feels to me that Bayley is Sasha's little puppet and that Sasha is waiting for the right moment to sweep in and take the championship. if Carmella gets involved in the title picture and from how she's currently on a winning streak through the Women's Division, it is likely that we will end up with a Fatal Four Way between Sasha,Bayley,Carmella and Lacey for the belt. If that situation occurs then Sasha is likely to either win the belt or Bayley retains yet cracks start to show between Banks/Bayley. Perhaps they will get to Doctor Shelby again.

Either way at the current moment,I feel that Smackdown is lacking a real Women's star to build the division around. I just don't see any of the current crop of women as stars at the moment. Sonya/Mandy have been fucked around constantly this year,Bliss/Cross are in the Tag Division and admittedly Dana Brooke is improving but I can't see any of them dethroning Bayley but Sasha Banks. Sasha despite losing against Becky has been a roll of momentum since her return.