WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

SmackDown Tag Team Championships Discussion

Guessing Heavy Machinery are going to be the ones to win these championships on the upcoming smackdown, I don't see them giving the titles to any other tag team really since none them come across as legitimate threats right now. The Smackdown tag division has dried up immensely and hopefully things pick up and they actually make it a priority because right now It is looking extremely weak.  

This division needs some serious help. It used to be RAW with the dead division, but now it's Smackdown. A ot of people are predicting that Shane will give himself and Elias the belts, which is pretty likely.

However, since I have a pathological hatred for Shane wrestling, I propose something a little better. Since in single they would probably get jobbed out to Roman every week, how about we give Rusev and Nakamura a run with the Tag Titles. Even through they should be singles stars, this would at least give them something interesting to do for  a while. 

27 minutes ago, Gwynfro said:

This division needs some serious help. It used to be RAW with the dead division, but now it's Smackdown. A ot of people are predicting that Shane will give himself and Elias the belts, which is pretty likely.

However, since I have a pathological hatred for Shane wrestling, I propose something a little better. Since in single they would probably get jobbed out to Roman every week, how about we give Rusev and Nakamura a run with the Tag Titles. Even through they should be singles stars, this would at least give them something interesting to do for  a while. 

That would be the option I want personally, I also could see AOP coming to SD and being the tag champs there. 

Who should be the next SmackDown Tag Team Champions?

It was incredibly disappointing that The Hardy Boyz were forced to relinquish the SmackDown Tag Team Titles earlier this week due to Jeff Hardy suffering an injury at the hands of Lars Sullivan. However, Team Blue must move forward, and that means crowning new champions. But after the Superstar Shake-up, the path to the titles is wide open. Who has the best chance of claiming the SmackDown Tag Team Championship? Is it an established pair, or will a new team form and climb to the top of the mountain? WWE.com’s editors got together and debated our picks. Who do you think will be the next SmackDown Tag Team Champions?

Article Link

WWE recently put up an article on their website asking who the next Smackdown Tag Team Champions might be after The Hardys had to relinquish their championships last week and there are a few interesting names included amongst the possibilities. I think it's a given that during the superstar shakeup the once strong division was turned to near ash in the process even before Jeff Hardy's injury. Now looking over what we have,  even with the reliable New Day on the roster they were definitely building from the ground up again.

Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods
Current WWE Champion Kofi Kingston taking the place of Big E in this scenario due to his injury of course. Would it be crazy to think that WWE would use Kofi Kingston as a double champion on Smackdown to help kick start the Smackdown tag team division again or does the tag team division needing a team like New Day make one more fearful that the reign of Kingston might be nearing its end already? Those are the thoughts i have running through my mind at the moment. Still if Kofi did become dual champion briefly it would make for a nice image to use when going up against Rollins again down the line.

Heavy Machinery
Until Big E returns or Kofi Kingston moves away from the main event scene these two could be considered the top babyface tag team on the Smackdown brand which is great for them. They have been collecting victories here and there since their call up from NXT. Between segment interruptions and protein shake monstrosities they have found their footing better than someone like EC3 has which surprises. Hopefully now that they have found a permanent home they are able to break the NXT tag team call up curse.

Shane McMahon & Elias
Let’s be honest with ourselves, Shane and Elias would be very entertaining as a team together holding the championships. Obviously the first compassion would be Miz and McMahon but heels now that Shane is feeding his own ego unapologetically. I think right now with their feud with Roman Reigns i could actually see them being the ones to win the championships, carrying them before losing them to the victorious babyface team such as Heavy Machinery 

Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev
This team has grown on me a lot since their sudden and shocking formation during their feud for the United States Championship. I feel like together in the ring they have moulded together slowly and their participation at Wrestlemania during the multi-man tag team match was a highlight only with that oversized read coat. Since WWE have gone this far with the team i'd like to see them stay together longer for now as one of the top heel tag teams on the brand and possible champions if my prediction of Shane & Elias actually getting the job done falls through. One could hope.

The B-Team
What a steal for the Blue brand this team was, especially for Gallows & Anderson!...no? Okay truly i actually am a fan of both of these men but i had hoped Bo Dallas being off TV meant he might be joining his brother or maybe even a switch back to his old self so i was a little disappointed. I don't see them being much better than what The Colons were back when they were actually on TV, at least while they are the lackeys. 

Finn Bálor & Ali
After their victory together this last week on Smackdown it is interesting seeing WWE list them together as a potential team for the championships in such a short time frame. Of couse the in-ring talent would be through the roof with this pairing becoming a consistent duo for a time but you also have another scenairo of dual champion with Finn Balor. I can see if they are involved in the hunt that they are screwed over by Andrade, McMahon ect in the process but i don't see this being a long term item.

Smackdown is in a similar boat of Raw at the moment where their tag team division is not getting much air time because of the Wild Card rule but to their advantage they have Daniel Bryan as one half the champions which one would hope helps them get TV time. This week they had a Youtube exclusive segment and that was it so they might be proving me wrong already.
I feel like them becoming champions was the right move and a big one at that but they need to commit to working up the division or it is all a waste. I said this after Smackdown the other week, that Daniel Bryan is a star and i feel his involvement in the division will either help bring it back or he will overshadow it.

No disrespect to Bryan and Rowan but I keep forgetting their smackdown tag team champions. They haven't really had a feud for the titles until recently and therefore haven't had much spotlight. Hopefully the Heavy Machinery feud lights up the tag division a bit more since Smackdown has Access to a good amount of interesting tag teams that could make for some fun title programs. Like don't use the B-Team and The Club for 24/7 Title shit when you have a tag division that needs boosting. 

Bryan and Rowan aren't doing much with the SmackDown tag titles, which is sad. Even if an impromptu team, they have excellent potential together. The SmackDown tag division is quite nice but never used besides comedy and jobbing to main eventers paired together. The belts around another team might be better for the health of the division.

I think a feud between Heavy Machinery and Rowan and Bryan has some good potential, but as you guys said other than that there isn't much on the SD Tag division. Maybe they drag this feud out for a couple of PPV cycles and then have AOP return on Smackdown or repackage another team to provide a challenge for Bryan and Rowan. Putting together some Mid-Card acts could also work as well 

While many found Nakamura and Rusev to be a quite random pairing, the team was not bad, and with both superstars not on screen, I think them joining forces once more and claiming the tag team championships would be the best option at the moment. As much as I love Heavy Machinery, they are solidly established as a comedy act until they do something noteworthy (besides being called capitalist scum). The SmackDown tag division is somewhat barren, maybe the Authors of Pain could resurface, and hopefully without Maverick, he does fine in his 24/7 pursuit.

Image result for Smackdown Tag Team Championships

Time to dive head first into the Smackdown Tag Team Division.....and if I did, I would crack my head on the bottom of the pool, because the pool is nearly empty. Yeah, the Smackdown Tag Division is a shadow of it's former self. When once it was led by the Usos and New Day, tearing it up as the shining light of Smackdown, but now, it simply lacked any and all depth to be spoken of. None the less, let's take a look at who we've got and some potential pairings that can bring triumph to the tandems on the blue brand.

(WARNING: for the sake of argument, one of these pairings is a Wild Card Tag Team.....*sighs*)

The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods)

Related image

Probably the biggest stars currently in the tag division outside of the champions, The New Day have been consistently pushed as arguably WWE's biggest modern day team (potential for The Usos to be in that conversation too). Because of this, the rest of the tag division is miles behind them in terms of being established stars, meaning that it's very likely that the New Day regain the tag titles at some point this year. One advantage of Kofi Kingston being occupied with the WWE Championship, is that we can see Xavier Woods in the ring a lot more, which is always a joy to see. 

However, despite how entertaining they have been for 4 years, which is incredibly impressive I don't think that the New Day should win the tag titles again. We've seen them dominate both tag divisions on RAW and Smackdown for 4 years, it's time to freshen up the title scene and make more stars rather than banking on the New Day yet again. Also they lost at Stomping Grounds, they shouldn't be in a tag title match.

Heavy Machinery (Otis (Dozovic) and Tucker (Knight))

Image result for WWE Heavy Machinery Smackdown

Within the dearth of talent currently on Smackdown, Heavy Machinery have managed to get themselves a decent spot vying for the Tag Titles. While initially they were just seen as a comedy tag team that would never be taken seriously or have an extended programme for the titles, they're doing pretty well for themselves here. From their very inception in NXT, Otis was the clear breakout personality on the team. His unique, stocky build and the really weird but comical speech does make him memorable and engaging. Not sure how long that will last, but it's far better than having nothing for the crowd to latch on to. 

I don't believe for a second that they will win the Tag Titles from Bryan and Rowan, but with all their Steaks and Weights, they make very interesting suitable foils to the Righteous Vegan Crusaders.

The Colons (Primo and Epico)

Image result for WWE The Colons

Did you forget that these guys existed? Let alone were even on Smackdown? Yeah me too. Sadly, the Colons really had any modicum of momentum they had burnt away with their horrendous "Puerto Rico Vacation Condo Time-Share Salesman" gimmicks as the Shining Stars (Of the Caribbean). There was a brief glimpse of hope as when they were drafted over to Smackdown in 2017, they ditched the hokey gimmick, got a more serious, badass look and beat the piss out of American Alpha in convincing fashion. This could have been a great new beginning for the Colons, but sadly they have been marred with injuries and WWE seemingly never wanting to feature then on TV, nevermind an actual programme on TV.

I personally think the Colons are severely overlooked as a tag team, they have nice tandem offence and can be a solid pair of bodies in the division. However, with WWE, I don't think their star is going to be shine anytime soon.

Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev

Image result for Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev

Spiralling out of their feud for the United States Title, and both losing to R-Truth, Nakamura and Rusev found an unorthodox, but intriguing alliance. They unsuccessfully challenged for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships at Wrestlemania 35, and haven't been seen much as a team of late. I hope this doesn't mean they're broken up officially, because my god Smackdown needs them as a team, and badly. 

They're some of the few established names that can challenge for the tag titles, which is a precious commodity in the current state of the product. I'd love for these two to hold some tag team gold in the future, they've developed an unlikely chemistry and have some nice tag team offence. Should Nakamura be unsuccessful in dethroning Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Championship, I'd be more than happy for these guys to find a spotlight as Tag Team Title contenders.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Image result for Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn happy

I know, I know, it's a wild card tag team. As much as I hate to entertain the wild car rule, the solution would be to move Sami officially over to Smackdown, since he is definitely overshadowed on RAW. Anyway, back to the tag team. Zayn and Owens have been mortal enemies and stalwart allies all across their careers, inside and out of WWE. With their victory over The New Day at Stomping Grounds, and Heavy Machinery losing, these two are the true uncrowned No.1 Contenders to the Smackdown Tag Team Championships.

Their in-ring work is phenomenal, and can have a great match with any team on this list. In the current landscape of WWE, I could honestly see them reuniting as a face team, perhaps after Babyface Owens knocks some sense back into Zayn. We would also get some amazing Bryan vs. Zayn/Owens action going on, which is something I will always accept with open arms. Furthermore, seeing Sami sell his arse off for Rowan's power spots in the tag team mayhem would be great.

Do it WWE, give these guys some championships for god's sake, they finally get a win, on PPV no less, and nothing comes of it at all. Zayn and Owens are far too talented to be wasting away, and you're in dire need of credible tag teams. You have them right there. Use them.

New Day as champs isn't very appealing to me and as of right now there isn't a certain direction for them to go. You could do Heavy Machinery which would be really enjoyable or back to Rowan and Bryan but I think something different is happening there. What I would do is bring AOP back into the fold and have them be the challengers to the titles and possibly even win them. They need a reboot and defeating New Day for the straps would do just that 

I'm glad that the Revival are actually holding championship gold, er, silver. Talent wise they are arguably the best tag team in the WWE, and I appreciate the fact that WWE isn't taking them (and the entirety of the tag division) as a complete joke anymore. Smackdown has multiple teams who could go for the belts, but I'd be on the lookout for a Heavy Machinery/Revival feud. Character wise, it makes sense, and WWE has been hinting at a Heavy Machinery push for awhile, but has seemed hesitant to pull the trigger. Soon might end up being the time.