Jump to content

BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Slim

Universal Championship Discussion

Recommended Posts

Image result for universal championship wwe.com png

The Universal Championship was established in 2016, as the WWE Championship was taken to SmackDown LIVE as apart of the brand split. RAW introduced this title and a match to determine the first ever champion was made at SummerSlam 2016, as Finn Balor battled Seth Rollins, in which The Demon came out on top and won the championship, but was forced to vacate the next night. With things such as Jeri-KO, Goldberg vs Lesnar produced from this title, it surely looks to overtake the WWE Championship soon...

Here is a place to discuss the current champion, what you think of him, how you view the Universal Championship and if you like the rivalry currently happening over it.

Current Champion: Seth Rollins
Former Champion: Brock Lesnar
Won At: WrestleMania 35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most fun title to follow as of right now. With guys like Lesnar, Joe, Reigns and Strowman being involved this has been really great since after WM 33 and should continue to do so with more matches between the 4 of them and the likes of Rollins, Balor and Ambrose settling in the World Title picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best titles rn even after Summerslam, the four big men who went after the title still have me wondering who will go after it when Lesnar comes back. Even though Lesnar only comes around every few months, I really like where this title is, and I think I will be fine with it when Reigns beat him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to get this title off Brock, Ik its happening at Mania but come on. WWE does not need Brock Lesnar and Brock Lesnar does not need WWE, I say Lesnar has a couple more matches before retiring. But for the belt, they need to make it so one guy doesn't hold it for so long. They need to make it a title that people actually know is a thing, I have no idea who is winning the title after Reigns, probably Bruan. Idc who, but this title needs to get off Brock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Smith

The fact that the Universal Championship was and may still be valued more than WWE's legendary world championship is quite sad, to be honest. The fact that the best Universal Champion ever is Brock Lesnar is also quite sad. For a man that barely ever turns up, Lesnar has done excessively well as champion. He and the RAW creative team have managed to elevate the championship to the point where it's respected just as much, if not more, than the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. As much as I hate seeing the title carried by a part-timer who doesn't really try in his matches, there are not many guys that could've saved the championship like Lesnar has. Perhaps it's just his name value but whatever it is, it's definitely added value to the championship.

If Lesnar is to appear at the Rumble, I really do hope he faces Balor. It would be an interesting matchup and each man brings a completely different dynamic. Hopefully, after Lesnar drops the title to Reigns at Mania, the title can be carried by full-timing main eventers who are actually willing to put excessive amounts of effort into their work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4-12-2017 at 4:21 AM, BiC said:

They need to get this title off Brock, Ik its happening at Mania but come on. WWE does not need Brock Lesnar and Brock Lesnar does not need WWE, I say Lesnar has a couple more matches before retiring. But for the belt, they need to make it so one guy doesn't hold it for so long. They need to make it a title that people actually know is a thing, I have no idea who is winning the title after Reigns, probably Bruan. Idc who, but this title needs to get off Brock. 

'Wwe does not need Lesnar' is such a stupid thing to say. He is their biggest star, whether you like it or not. Everyone knows the title is a thing because it's held by the biggest star and most believable champion there is in the whole wresetling world. 

Also, why can't people have long reigns? it only adds to prestige to the belt rather than having title changes all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It literally just hit me how long Lesnar has held the title for and for how little it has actually been defended. There's only a certain amount of times where you can talk about "oh it adds value to the title when's Lesnar turns up" in my opinion it doesn't. I'd much rather see the champion every week and building feuds, the fact he hasn't been advertised for the Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber is worrying as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prince said:

It literally just hit me how long Lesnar has held the title for and for how little it has actually been defended. There's only a certain amount of times where you can talk about "oh it adds value to the title when's Lesnar turns up" in my opinion it doesn't. I'd much rather see the champion every week and building feuds, the fact he hasn't been advertised for the Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber is worrying as well.

he's advertised for the Rumble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Smith
8 minutes ago, Prince said:

Oh previously he hadn't, my bad. My point still stands though about how it just isn't interesting for him to appear on random episodes of Raw.

Granted it's not the traditional way of getting a champion over. However, it's realistic. Brock Lesnar is a massive name, way more popular than anyone on either RAW or SmackDown. He's famous all across combat sports and is wanted by more than just WWE. Lesnar's current gimmick is that he's a beast as it has always been except now, he's a beast who thinks he's better than the company. We've seen Heyman play with this multiple times, resulting in his mic being cut out on live TV. It's a dynamic that we don't usually see, especially from a champion, but I truly believe he was the best option for the Universal Champion after three horrible reigns. The top champion should be the best competitor, right? Well in terms of kayfabe, Lesnar is that man.

Furthermore, his rare appearances add shock value. It's like when a legend makes a surprise return, it excites everyone. Therefore, I believe it is interesting but just in a different way. We are used to expecting a constant battle from a champion but instead, we are given a destructive beast who dominates everyone and with that comes a huge space for hope. Hope from the fans that their favorite superstar will be the one to finally dethrone Lesnar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smith said:

Granted it's not the traditional way of getting a champion over. However, it's realistic. Brock Lesnar is a massive name, way more popular than anyone on either RAW or SmackDown. He's famous all across combat sports and is wanted by more than just WWE. Lesnar's current gimmick is that he's a beast as it has always been except now, he's a beast who thinks he's better than the company. We've seen Heyman play with this multiple times, resulting in his mic being cut out on live TV. It's a dynamic that we don't usually see, especially from a champion, but I truly believe he was the best option for the Universal Champion after three horrible reigns. The top champion should be the best competitor, right? Well in terms of kayfabe, Lesnar is that man.

Furthermore, his rare appearances add shock value. It's like when a legend makes a surprise return, it excites everyone. Therefore, I believe it is interesting but just in a different way. We are used to expecting a constant battle from a champion but instead, we are given a destructive beast who dominates everyone and with that comes a huge space for hope. Hope from the fans that their favorite superstar will be the one to finally dethrone Lesnar.

There's no shock value now compared to his first reign that he in this part time style, it's just very stale now because fans are used to him popping up every once in a while. Do you realistically think that WWE are able to draw fans of combat sport for example just because Lesnar is in the programme because I highly doubt that is the case; he really isn't the money making draw the WWE make him out to be. Sure Lesnar may be the "top competitor" but the top competitor doesn't mean you should automatically be the world champion, I see it as someone who is consistent like the likes of Joe, Strowman and maybe even Reigns because at least get to see him every week. There isn't anything special about Lesnar as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Universal Championship is the worst title in the WWE. Part timers like Goldberg and Brock Lesnar winning the title ruined what Kevin Owens did his best for with the title. And the fact that Brock Lesnar held the title for nearly a year and defended about four or five times is laughable. WWE really needs to put this title on Roman Reigns at Mania because, like him or hate him, he is the best guy to hold it and bring it back from this hell it's in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This title is at its best right now. Lesnar has risen the belt to the level it deserved after its first champ vacated it, it's second champ was booked poorly and it's third champ was Goldberg. Well done Lesnar, the stats show the truth - he's the Greatest Universal Champ and the best World Champ since Punk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after Lesnar loses the belt and we don't know next year's mania main event for sure that the belt will become to best title in the WWE by far. Smackdown just doesn't have the talent that RAW has and even they get a Balor/Joe or maybe even Rollins RAW will still have the better roster. I don't see Reigns keeping the belt for too long, my prediction would be that he loses it to Ambrose when he returns from his injury as heel, and that Rollins wins the title in the Shield Triple Threat at WM 35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, this scene is wide open now. I can't see Strowman getting the belt and keeping it till WM, so if I had to make a pick, it would be Ambrose and Rollins for the Universal Title match at the Show of Shows. Both of those guys can do a good job with the title and can put up an amazing match together, and if they book it right, it would be great. I wouldn't count out Drew getting the belt down the line either, but I think that Strowman will keep it for a while and the only two guys who I can see him dropping it to are the ones I mentioned earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

BrendenPlayz Forums "PPV Events"

b0gETik.png MYiU0yF.png 2a2gqt.jpg J1tCAXg.png    

×
×
  • Create New...