BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Slim

Universal Championship Discussion

I wouldn't take the belt of Brock right now. Mainly because Braun doesn't have the momentum and it would make the crowning moment for whoever they think is the next face of the company, most likely Rollins, a lot bigger if they would beat Brock. I just hope that the match won't be put together terribly like the last few Brock matches, that would be very dissapointing, 

When/if Rollins finally ends the Lesnar reign of terror, the title will be back on regular programming and finally feel like a World Championship. The only issue is that the stature of the championship has been constantly damaged since day one; The fans revolting over how ugly the belt looks, Balor's ill-timed injury to vacate the brand new title, booking Owens as a cowardly heel that can't win matches by himself, Brock's stranglehold over the belt while also not being on the show. The fans revolting again at how poorly handled the Mania 34 Main event was. And even more than that, Roman vacating due to unfortunate medical reasons, only to slap the belt back on an absentee Lesnar. 

Rollins is the guy. He will have strong guys to feud with over the title like Lashley and McIntyre. If AJ gets drafted to RAW that would be a huge match that is actually really fresh. 

I'm grateful we're getting Seth vs AJ now rather than later honestly.  The belt needs a major boost in prestige after being held by Lesnar for so long, and this feud has money written all over it.  I'm excited to see where this feud goes but also a little scared because it's WWE of course.  I'm down for either guy turning heel, especially Rollins, I miss the man.  However, Styles would be just as good if he can team with Gallows/Anderson, but I'm slightly disappointed Balor won't be able to be a part of it.  We can't win them all though.

Seth has done a good job with the belt after the abomination of Lesnar's reign, however, it seems the latter may be getting the red strap back sooner than later. Seeing the belt on TV has been a refreshing sight, a welcome change. I believe that Rollins could definitely be defending against stronger opponents than Baron Corbin, but I guess we'll have to see if they continue to push Corbin to the top, or if McIntyre would turn on him and claim the gold- er, red, rather.

I'm happy to see Seth Rollins as champion and i hope that doesn't change anytime soon after the journey he had to beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That being said the Brock Party can't be ignored long term and it's hard to imagine Lesnar being on the list of "Men who failed to cash in the Money In The Bank" unless half the roster come out and wail on him like he tried to take the ball home during an intense game.
But lets say Lesnar takes it home and sits out the next eight months from the championship picture. I could see Drew McIntyre feuding with Rollins and finally claiming the championship, in what itself has been a very storybook journey for him since leaving WWE and returning to NXT. 
He despite the efforts to make him just look like a bodyguard over and over has been very dominant in WWE and it always feels like he could at any moment switch gears into the championship picture. Braun Strowman being a good example of what happens if you stall too much.

Rollins' days in the Authority will forever cement him as a heel in many's eyes, however, that isn't to say he can't be a babyface. I would have to agree that he is a far more effective heel, however,his Universal Championship reign is being highlighted by an AJ Styles into his 40s and Baron Corbin, a universally (no pun intended) despised figure in Baron Corbin, who might have the wrong kind of heat entirely. I don't see when Seth loses the belt, that will become a much clearer picture once Brock is removed from the scene. I also don't see who wins the Universal Championship off Rollins, as McIntyre is busy playing second fiddle to a "best in the world" again.

13 hours ago, The Crippler said:

Rollins' days in the Authority will forever cement him as a heel in many's eyes, however, that isn't to say he can't be a babyface. I would have to agree that he is a far more effective heel, however,his Universal Championship reign is being highlighted by an AJ Styles into his 40s and Baron Corbin, a universally (no pun intended) despised figure in Baron Corbin, who might have the wrong kind of heat entirely. I don't see when Seth loses the belt, that will become a much clearer picture once Brock is removed from the scene. I also don't see who wins the Universal Championship off Rollins, as McIntyre is busy playing second fiddle to a "best in the world" again.

You can't really blame Seth Rollins' reign for his opponents as it is WWE that booked the likes of AJ Styles and Baron Corbin as Raw's main eventers. I can see that Rollins still puts his best face work into his reign regardless of his opponent. Personally, I think Rollins has been awesome as a face after he defeated Triple H at WrestleMania 33 and even more awesome after his performance in the Raw Gauntlet Match last year, he just needs a true rival to cement his reign as Universal Champion. While at one point it could've been Drew McIntyre, he is currently stuck under Shane McMahon in terms of power ranking and will probably have a better shot at the United States Championship, hopefully it might lead to Rollins vs McIntyre for the Universal Title at WrestleMania 36.

52 minutes ago, TastefulChain4 said:

Hopefully it might lead to Rollins vs McIntyre for the Universal Title at WrestleMania 36.

Something makes me feel Rollins won't hold the belt going into WM36. That would be an entire year of not changing their champion, and WWE doesn't seem that content to let champions have long reigns anymore unless of course, the champion is a part-timer. Drew must hold this belt within the next 2 years, and a Seth/Drew match would be epic, but I don't think it will happen, to my dismay.

1 hour ago, The Crippler said:

Something makes me feel Rollins won't hold the belt going into WM36. That would be an entire year of not changing their champion, and WWE doesn't seem that content to let champions have long reigns anymore unless of course, the champion is a part-timer. Drew must hold this belt within the next 2 years, and a Seth/Drew match would be epic, but I don't think it will happen, to my dismay.

As much as Rollins deserves a year long run, he will probably end up losing the title to a Brock Lesnar cash in at SummerSlam and will have to regain it before WrestleMania 36.

The alternative route is to have Lesnar win the title, have AJ Styles win the title from Lesnar and turn heel (either during or after the match), then have Styles vs Rollins at WrestleMania 36 where Rollins has to fight off The Club to get to Styles.

10 minutes ago, TastefulChain4 said:

Have AJ Styles win the title from Lesnar and turn heel (either during or after the match)

I feel Rollins' mini feud with AJ Styles was how they went about turning Styles heel. He certainly was acting heelish towards Seth during the progression of the rivalry. I really hope Styles doesn't become the big name in the Universal Championship scene, we already saw that with the WWE Championship. Beyond that, as much as Rollins vs. The Club is good in theory, the truth is that it would only ever go one way: The Shield (again) reforming, and honestly, they need to put The Shield to rest for good.

22 minutes ago, The Crippler said:

I feel Rollins' mini feud with AJ Styles was how they went about turning Styles heel. He certainly was acting heelish towards Seth during the progression of the rivalry. I really hope Styles doesn't become the big name in the Universal Championship scene, we already saw that with the WWE Championship. Beyond that, as much as Rollins vs. The Club is good in theory, the truth is that it would only ever go one way: The Shield (again) reforming, and honestly, they need to put The Shield to rest for good.

So would AJ Styles just return as a heel? I feel like he will just come back forgetting he ever lost to Seth Rollins until they cross paths later in the year.

20 minutes ago, TastefulChain4 said:

So would AJ Styles just return as a heel? I feel like he will just come back forgetting he ever lost to Seth Rollins until they cross paths later in the year.

I feel like the latter will happen, but we'll have to see on AJ returning as a heel. It would be a good idea, but one I'm not entirely sure WWE will execute on properly if they pull the trigger. I hope they do well with heel AJ, but I don't think taking another loss to Rollins (or Lesnar) will help him out. Rollins needs another challenger, one who can actually be considered credible, to cement his reign, but with the Raw main event scene being a bit barren, and Cesaro having less than nothing on his plate, it may finally be time to give the Swiss Superman a chance at heavyweight gold- er, red.