BrendenPlayz Elimination Chamber

The Elimination ChamberPPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its the biggest event of the Summer, Summerslam! Discuss it here.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

Intercontinental Championship Discussion

Image result for intercontinental championship wwe.com png

The Intercontinental Championship was once on the level of the WWE Championship, but has fallen from its grace, becoming a midcard championship for the RAW talent to fight for. With feuds such as Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho, and Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz, the title has produced absolute masterpieces of matches and has slowly become the Workhorse Championship of WWE.

Here is a place to discuss the current champion, what you think of him, how you view the IC Championship and if you like the rivalry currently happening over it.

Current Champion: Finn Balor
Former Champion: Bobby Lashley
Won At: Wrestlemania 35
Next Challenger: TBD

As Miz is one of my favourite performers today, I love seeing him and the Miztourage with the belt. He's a really great heel that clearly knows how to get the reaction he wants for the fans and you always hear his passion whenever he promos. Hopefully he keeps onto the belt for a long time.

If the Intercontinental Championship is the workhorse championship, then Miz deserves it for sure. He works so hard to perfect his character and you can see his charisma from his awesome promos. As of right now, I don't think there's any better choice to hold the intercontinental championship.

The Miz deserves this belt and it doesn't look like anyone will take it away. This title was once an elevator to the World Title scene, and Miz is bringing the prestige back. He holds it until 27th February he has the award of most combined days as champ, something he deserves

Some say The Miz is making this belt good, some say the opposite. I say the opposite, when I was growing up watching wrestling the IC title was made for newer guys. It was a MID CARD title that men like Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, and other younger superstars could win to boost themselves towards the world title. It produced good matches and produced good heels such as Cody Rhodes and Miz, but as of late the IC title is defended once every two PPVs. Its won every month by cheating, and it is barley even showcased. I think the IC title needs to go back where it belongs, at a time it was the main event title and deserved to be. But that time has passed, and I think its about time Miz loses it.

WWE superstar The Miz has hit yet another milestone in the company, as he is now #2 in the all-time rankings for most combined days as Intercontinental Champion. The Awesome One, who has now held the belt for a total of 542 days, has overtaken Don Muraco, and if he holds the belt until April 29th then he’ll officially overtake Pedro Morales to claim the number 1 spot.

WrestleZone.com 

WWE superstar The Miz has once again stated that he believes the Intercontinental Championship deserves to be in the main event of WrestleMania. The Awesome One will get the chance to book his ticket to the showcase of the immortals tomorrow night when he takes part in the men’s Elimination Chamber match.

WrestleZone.com 

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

If my gut feeling of roman winning the Ic title back before Wrestlemania 34 is Wrong then i would like to see Braun win the IC Title at wrestlemania why because it gives Braun a fall back if WWE Makes braun a world champion and then never give Braun the title again like they did with the great khali and i dont want that.

Now what WWE could do is have Rollins Vs Miz for the IC Title before mania and then you could do Finn Balor Vs Seth rollins at wrestlemania 34

It's clear that Ambrose will be moving on from this rivalry with the Intercontinental Championship, but the question is who he feuds with next. Maybe an NXT call-up, maybe somebody else in RAW's mid-card. My question is who do you want to see face Ambrose for the IC title in the lead up to WrestleMania, and who do you think should battle with him at the Grandaddy of them All?

I think either Elias or Finn Balor are the biggest possible choices for an IC match at Mania, but before than there are quite a few faces on the roster that would benefit from challenging for it. Also really I'd like to see McIntyre hold it this year if they want to keep him away from Universal. The belt should help elevate guys.

Well this Seth and Dean feud has really been screwed up hasn't it. They are now moving away from it and there aren't many viable challengers who can step up to Dean. Finn is just floating around he might be an option. Elias is involved in an all=time classic feud with Baron Corbin and Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman have their own feuds. That leaves Apollo Crews which we have seen before. I am going to throw a curveball and say that EC3 is the next man to challenge and Beat Dean Ambrose. A great introduction for EC3 and a chance to shine in the Upper-Midcard division of RAW

I think Ambrose is a great guy to carry the title, he probably doesn't need it but you want a strong challenge, especially now where it will be the main focus point on RAW episodes. 

For who will beat him, I would probably go with Balor if I had to pick somebody, they have always been rumoured to push him and I think him and Ambrose could be a very fun match on a WM card, one that would be worthy of that spot. 

You always want to see the Intercontinental Championship on guys who can do it in the ring. Ambrose is one of those guys so he is the right person to hold it. In 2019 I hope to see some new people get up there. Guys like Chad Gable, Apollo Crews, Bobby Roode, hell even some NXT Callups like ECIII could be good IC Champions.

In the same token, there are swirlings that Balor could move to SmackDown and make a run at the WWE Championship, so you could tie that into their Mania match. Ultimately Dean would have to win though. If you truly want to elevate Dean, though, have him feud with Styles again over the IC title after Wrestlemania.