WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Slim

Intercontinental Championship Discussion

Well to be completely honest I have no idea what WWE are doing. They keep switching these champs out of nowhere and to be honest I’m not sure if Shinsuke is even going to be on TV. We will see how this plays out but I’m not very optimistic about it 

My question is if shinsuke nakamura will be on TV if he is, is the title going to be on TV because I have watched 2 recent smackdown’s and I haven’t seen it with Balor as champ. Hopefully that can change with a new champion crowned.

The way they have been treating the title recently has been ridiculous. One of the most prestigious titles in WWE history and the former champion Balor rarely even got any screen time on Smackdown, and then they had the title match on the pre-show. I'm glad Nakamura won because it finally gives him something to do, and Balor's reign was pretty dead but the IC Title needs to be treated a lot better than it has been recently, a match like Balor VS Nakamura should never be anywhere near a pre-show.

The WWE need to just pick one champion and run with it. With the way the guys near the IC title are being treated recently, it is clear to see the lack of faith installed into them by the WWE. For this title to be important, you can't have title changes as frequent as the 24/7 title. Its outrageous. Also, how is Balor vs Nakamura on the kickoff show? That easily could have main evented if it were for a belt that wasn't being mistreated severely.

Nakamura beating Balor makes sense since his break is coming up, and I think WWE will stick with him for a while.  He’s sure to retain at Smackville and his title reign is already starting off pretty solid.  He’s just beat Crews on Smackdown and I’m excited to see more.  I’ll write a longer review once the reign progresses more.

Looks like whatever mid-card belt is on Smackdown gets really shit. The IC title is wasted right now, Balor did jackshit with it so hopefully they can do something with Nakamura while champ even if he is there to take the pin to Ali which I think would be the right decision. SD have a stacked mid-card but they aren't necessarily using them correctly 

I have honestly been very entertained with Nakamura as The Intercontinental Champion. His partnership with Sami Zayn and the fact that while not in the highest position but at least he's being featured on TV unlike Balor who was barely around and didn't have a solid program to work. It also helps that they are making Nakamura look like an actually effectively brutal heel so far in  his programs with both Ali and Miz. Hopefully Naks keeps the belt for a little longer but I wouldn't mind seeing Miz make it to 9 times and tie Jericho but just not at clash of champions. 

SmackDown has a good littany of midcard talent, As Drew Gulak, Ali, Miz, Elias, Chad Gable and King Corbin are all potential threats to Nakamura's Intercontinental Championship reign. Another possibility is Sami Zayn turning on Nakamura to turn one of them face, but right now that route is not the one I'd follow. With the NXT Invasion angle and Survivor Series coming up, his reign is probably safe for a bit, but after Survivor Series, I could see one of the guys I named dethroning him at the Royal Rumble.

I think the new design of the IC Title looks really neat in my personal opinion, yes it sucks that the old IC belt is no more but I'm sure we'll get use to it in few months time. I think the current state for title isn't anything special, Nakamura hasn't had any memorable defenses. The only defenses i remember where against Ali and The Miz. I think the title needs to be defended more often on SD in order for it to be special, not necessarily with the Open Challenge route, but more frequent title defenses on TV would help the belt a lot. 

I think the new design of the IC is a nice aesthetic. However it isn't ideal when the title is now defended once in a blue moon, Shinsuke just seems to have an effect with the midcard title on Smackdown. He will win the belt but then go completely MIA for months, he last defended the belt on the 18th of October. That's nearly 2 and a half months. I don't think it's Shinsuke's fault by any means but he just seems to do fuck all with the belt.

This must be one of the biggest flops of the WWE in 2019, the fall of the IC title. How many times has this title been on the main show this year, let alone have a meaningful match. Last year the title was very hot, with Rollins giving it tons of good matches. It's a very sad sight to see that Shinsuke, who on paper is a great guy to hold this belt, has been nothing more but a prop to set about main event feuds by facing one of the face main eventers. I hope they put the belt on someone who they have an actual vision for, not beacuse I dislike Shinsuke but because the title simply can't be hanging around being wasted like this. Especially in a time where WWE can't book good feuds to save their lives, a title (an automatic feud) would be very useful. 

The IC title is in a very dead state right now. I don't think it's been seen on the main show of a PPV in a very long time and i have no idea why. They have a great IC champion but for some reason he always gets left out or put on the pre-show. I feel like the IC title has lost it's prestige that it had 2-3 years ago, they need to use the title on the main show because otherwise it will just be forgotten.

1 PPV Title defence by Shinsuke. And that was at Clash of Champions, where he HAD to defend the belt. Other than that, it was defended at Super Showdown by Balor, on the pre show of Extreme Rules and at The Shields Final Chapter. So of WWEs 9 post Mania PPVs, it has been defended on the main show once. 

Well

This belt has been in decline since Ziggler beat Rollins for it last year, as much as I like Dolph, there hasn’t been a good reign since. I hope WWE fix it for 2020

WWE needs to do something about Nakamura's lack of relevance and they need to do it right now. One of the most talented men in the company holds (formerly) one of if not the most prestigious belts in the entire company. They even introduced a cool new design for the title, and yet this has been more or less completely irrelevant in the last year and likely in the year to come. A defense against Braun Strowman, to me, almost guarantees Shinsuke a victory at the Royal Rumble. Strowman's momentum is dead in the water and he doesn't need a title reign with a now irrelevant title to fix that. Perhaps breaking up Cesaro and Nakamura and having them feud for the title, maybe giving Sheamus a shot to get back into the big picture. Do something and stop this title from floundering as it has been.