Backlash BrendenPlayz!

The Smackdown exclusive PPV Backlash is available now on BrendenPlayz, featuring the epic showdown between AJ Styles and Roman Reigns.
Watch here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

WWE Wrestlemania 35

The biggest event of the year is coming, discuss the all the news and matches here:
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Don't miss out on being apart of the biggest event of the year BPZMania! Coming soon to BrendenPlayz.
  • The Smackdown exclusive PPV Backlash for WWE 2k19 Universe Mode is out now on BrendenPlayz!
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Cruiserweight Championship Discussion

CWC_Championship--d4d8dc2bc7a2b8dbf7a236

The Cruiserweight Classic was a success in 2016, gardering tons of support from fans, and the followup was widely split, as some felt the followup was terrible while some believed it was great. In December 2016, Neville made his return and came down to the ring, officially joining the Cruiserweight Division before turning heel, attacking former protege Rich Swann. Neville proclaims himself "The King of the Cruiserweights", and has ever since he won the championship at Royal Rumble 2017.

Current Champion: Buddy Murphy
Former Champion: Cedric Alexander
Won At: Super Show Down
Next Challenger: Hideo Itami, Akria Towaza and Kalisto

Unfortunately, WWE know how to destroy a Cruiserweight Division. To save this, they need to move TJP, Kendrick, Swann, Gallagher, Neville (if he stays), Akira Tozawa out of the division and bring some new guys who could be pushed into the division into it. Kalisto needs to finish his feud with Enzo, which I see the latter winning. Then, they have Enzo hold the title until Mania, feuding with Ali, Metalik and during this time make him absolutely hated. Then build up Cedric to have him win the title at Mania

The tournament they are having to build up for a new champion at Mania reminds me of the Cruiserweight Classic a bit. This tournament can help bring the title to a higher level, even higher than when Neville held the belt. I see Cedric Alexander being the one to win it and it will be fully deserved and I see him being a great champion. 

The Cruiserweight division is the hottest its been in month, Although I don't know how i feel about the title being vacant for so long at least they have a great way of building it up and figuring out who the next champion is gonna be and right now they have multiple contenders all who have a viable chance of winning this "Cruiserweight Classic 1.5" but personally I think the main favourite is Cedric who's been built up for so long at this point he really should take the title at Mania. 

I read that they're no longer gonna showcase the cruiserweights on RAW so idk if this thread still warrants it's place in the RAW page. They're still with RAW but only at Live Events.

Things are looking up recently with all the improvements we've heard about. The more regular addition of UK guys like Bate has also helped the quality of the product. I'd like to see TJP go back in the running as his technical work is looking fine again but his obvious weakness is his boring character. And i think they're right to set up Gulak to challenge and possibly win the title as Gulak rn looks great and would do great things as CW Champ.

This is one of my favorite titles right now in WWE. 2018 has been a rennaisance year for the Cruiserweights. Like Odd I hope Hideo will be champion in 2019, but since Murphy is a heel we need a babyface to beat him. I think Kallisto wouldn't be a bad shout to be a sort of transitional champion to Hideo.

7 minutes ago, Alex Costa said:

This is one of my favorite titles right now in WWE. 2018 has been a rennaisance year for the Cruiserweights. Like Odd I hope Hideo will be champion in 2019, but since Murphy is a heel we need a babyface to beat him. I think Kallisto wouldn't be a bad shout to be a sort of transitional champion to Hideo.

In the same token, wouldn't Itami be a great feel good babyface story, considering all the injuries he's sustained?

7 hours ago, Mave Deltzer said:

I think it could be Lio Rush because he has potential not only as a manager for Bobby Lashley but as a superstar in the main roster.

It would be good to see Lio Rush carry around the championship while accompanying Bobby Lashley on Raw. Especially if they continue to keep Lashley at the upper-midcard position he is at now.

Though as much as  i like seeing Hideo, Rush ect being suggested as successors to Buddy Murphy they are all heels. Unless Murphy transitions to a cocky tweener at best it will need to be a face that takes him down and as predictable as it might feel i think it will end up being Cedric again unless we soon get some new signees to 205 LIve going into Wrestlemania.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:18 PM, The Crippler said:

Buddy Murphy should lose the belt at Mania. I'm not sure who he could drop it to (dunno if he's face or heel), but they have a few months to build up a top contender. Then again, Rey Mysterio and Andrade Almas are being underutilized and could help build up the Cruiserweight strap.

To be honest I don't necessarily think that Buddy Murphy should drop the title at Mania. He has been on such a roll lately and has felt fresh and plus he has only held the title for 3 months. I think there is still a lot left in the tank for Murphy. Sure a high-profile Mania challenger would be cool but I think it's time to establish Buddy Murphy as the face of the CW Division, therefore having him run through everyone