Latest News
  • Book Summerslam 2018 for a chance to win TEW2016! Check out the TEW2016 section.
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Smith

NXT Championship Discussion

NXT_Championship.png

Here is a place to discuss the current champion, what you think of him, how you view the NXT Championship and if you like the rivalry currently happening over it.

First Champion: Seth Rollins
Most Reigns: Samoa Joe / Shinsuke Nakamura  (2)
Longest Reign: Finn Balor (292 days)
Shortest Reign: Samoa Joe (14 days)

Current Champion: Aleister Black
Former Champion: Andrade "Cien" Almas
Won At: TakeOver: New Orleans
Next Challenger(s): TBD

Its kinda obvious at this point that Andrade is going to hold the title for one month, maybe defend it once before dropping it to Adam Cole, and I think its for the better, despite winnin the title I still see Andrade failing on the main roster. Who will challenge Cole? I have no idea, but for now, I am just looking forward to what CIen does with the belt

21 minutes ago, BrendenPlayz said:

Hide contents

So Gargano is next for a title shot, I think this is a pretty weak main event match for Takeover. But the match itself will probably be great. 

In terms of star power, I think its a dull match, but Gargano is very good and as I said in my post. Cien needs someone who he can look good against and Gargano is that man, Gargano coming up short plays well into his character, but after this Takevoer. RIP his reign.

Imo having the title on Andrade is the best move they could of made, we are so use to guys coming in and then 2 months later winning the title. All though we are still going to see Cole win it I think Andrade is a good transition champion and we can get some real good matches from him and Gargano, I don't see Gargnano winning just because I think its his time to go to the main roster and they could have him losing the big one be his goodbye moment. But who knows maybe they will give him the big moment. Either way I am interested.

Andrade has been hot since Vega joined him, so I’m thinking they will keep the title on him for awhile, maybe until Black is finished with Cole. Gargano, it’s kinda written he will be the new Zayn v Owens once Ciampa gets back. Either way, I think Takeover Main event will be good, but I think it will go to Almas.

On 13/04/2018 at 8:19 PM, JoshsNow said:

The first Dutch NXT Champion has been crowned but who do you guys think will beat him. Personally I see it being a wildcard and it being Eric Young but I see him holding it until November

I think that EC3 could be the man to beat Aleister Black. Have Black defeat Andrade Almas at NXT Takeover: Chicago II, Tommaso Ciampa at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV, and lose to EC3 at the November Takeover.