Latest News
  • Post your opinions on all of the latest topics in the news!
  • Backlash available NOW on BrendenPlayz!
  • Join the BPZ NBA Fantasy Basketball League
  • Welcome to a new look BrendenPlayz Forums!
  • Remember to join the chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Announcements

• BrendenPlayz

New Reactions!   07/26/2017

Reactions have been added to the forum with the new site update. These reactions are an extension to the reputation system and allow you to display more emotions in your reputation handouts. With this change it introduces 'Neutral' reputation, which is a reaction that offers neither positive or negative reputation. These are represented via the "Haha", "Confused" and "Sad". We still currently have our traditional reputation methods with upvoting and downvoting for those who prefer the old method. "Liking" is now the default reputation method and the "Thanks" option has also been added, these make up the two new positive reputation point.  The only new addition to the negative reputation system is the "Angry" emotion. Give them a try!
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion

Twitter-Triple-H.png

Match Card:

WarGames Match: The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong vs. SAnitY

NXT Championship Match: Andrade "Cien" vs. Drew McIntyre

NXT Women's Championship Fatal Four-Way Match: Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce vs. Nikki Cross

Ab Contest: Shawn Michaels vs. Johnny Gargano

The Velveteen Dream vs. Aleister Black 

Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan

Match Card (Not in Order):

NXT Womens Championship: Kairi Sane VS Ember Moon VS Peyton Royce VS Nikki Cross 

NXT Championship: Drew Mcyintire (c) VS Andrade Almas

Kassius Ohno VS Lars Sullivan

Aleister Black VS Velveteen Dream

The Undisputed Era VS Sanity VS The Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong: WarGames Match

Edited by Slim
Added spoiler as some matches haven’t been announced

here is the current rumored card for the NXT Takeover: Houston PPV on November 18th... 

NXT Title 
Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Adam Cole 

NXT Tag Titles 
Sanity vs. Undisputed vs. Authors of Pain 

NXT Women's Title four-way 
Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce vs. TBD 

Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream 

Source: NoDQ. 
Shame we get Cole vs McIntyre so early,  Drew should have gotten a longer title reign imo

Andrade Cien Almas will challenge Drew McIntyre for the NXT Championship at NXT Takeover: Houston; the match was confirmed at tonight’s TV tapings at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.

Almas ran out and attacked McIntyre before an apparent contract signing was to take place, Almas then signed the contract while standing over the champion. 

This is the second match set for Takeover: Houston, as the Women’s Fatal 4 Way match has now been set after the final spot was confirmed at tonight’s tapings.

WrestleZone.com 

So i don't know if anyone has posted this but WWE has confirmed War Games will be returning at this PPV and that the Tag Tiles will be on the line in the match between Sanity, Authors of Pain and The Undisputed Future. And the Show is now renamed NXT Takeover: War Games. 

Super excited for this.

20171002_NXT_wargames_tickets_temp__23a0

The War Games Main Event will get a lot more eyes on the NXT card and it shows that NXT isn't afraid of bringing back old concepts to use and its interesting that War games is returning under the WWE banner but I just have one question regarding this takeover: Wheres the dusty Classic? I know its a bit soon since NXT just had the Mae Young Classic but the tradition that has gone on for two years is not happening this year at least not at its regular timing, so maybe they'll delay it until the Royal Rumble Takeover.

• McIntyre vs Almas should be amazing and it’s great to see Almas getting such a big opportunity on a huge stage, he’s really one of NXT’s most underrated.

• I think we’ll see a shocker and watch Peyton Royce win the NXT Women’s Championship despite her being the odd one out, and Royce/Kay join the Undisputed Era as it seems that eventually they will hold all the championships and they’ll need a woman to do that, and what’s more Iconic than joining the hottest stable?

• It’s cool to see a homegrown talent like The Velveteen Dream getting a big opportunity here and as a fan of Clark, it’ll be interesting to show us what he has, but we all know Black will pick up the win.

• Ohno vs Lars should be a heavy hitting match and a brutal one but Ohno should pick up the win after awhile.

• As someone who hasn’t ever seen War Games, it’s gonna be amazing to see it return with the guys involved. What I think happens is The Undisputed Era wins clean and it begins Cole vs Rod Strong for TakeOver: Philly, and eventually ends with Cole taking the NXT Title at TakeOver: New Orleans.

Just saw an article saying the reason why WWE doesn't do War games matches then I see this. Wow, I am defiantly going to be tuning into this as I have never seen a war games matchup before, should be an interesting match. The rest of the card looks good as well and I have not seen a match from Adam Cole yet, should be a good show

WWE announced the following rules for the WarGames matchset for the next NXT Takeover special on November 18th: 

At TakeOver: WarGames in Houston, each group selects one member to start the bout inside the cage, while the remaining team members are locked inside shark cages by the entranceway. After five minutes, the final two members from one team enter the match, giving that group a brief yet brutaladvantage. Three minutes later, the second team’s members are released, followed by the final team’s competitors following another three-minute period. Once all nine Superstars are inside the ruthless steel structure, the first competitor to pick up a pinfall or submission earns the victory for his side. 

The teams are are follows:

The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish) vs. The Authors of Pain (Akam, Rezar) & Roderick Strong vs. NXT Tag Team Champions SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe, Killian Dain) 

Source: nodq.com

I honestly have no idea who I expect to win in the women's match. I imagine Peyton will get pinned but, personally, I would be really have with her winning because she has improved plenty in the ring, is very entertaining and the dynamic with her and Billie Kay would be great. I think Nikki Cross should win, she's fantastic and is likely one of the next women to move up so I'd like to see her have her run with he belt she deserves. Ember losing can create a story similar to Zayn's NXT one where she just can't seem to win the big matches.

I expect McIntyre to win but I wouldn't be 100% surprised to see Almas win and I'd probably be pretty happy about it too. This match should be fantastic, as most NXT PPV matches are.

Again, I could go either way with the Ohno/Sullivan match. Sullivan is a beast and will be booked as so win or lose. I honestly see so much potential in Sullivan, even past him being huge, as he is actually pretty decent in the ring considering how long he has been doing this, but he is also really, really good on the mic in my opinion. If this was the main roster I'd assume Ohno wins but via contour or something, but I don't think NXT would do that on one of their TakeOvers... I wouldn't mind seeing Ohno win so Sullivan isn't burned with the winning streak etc but I think I'm gonna go with Sullivan winning.

I think Black beats Dream but again, if Dream wins then thats good because Black doesn't have to keep to the streak either. In my imagination, I see Black winning in a fantastic match, but acknowledging Dream afterwards for his efforts, which is essentially what Dream wants from him anyway. That way Dream can look fantastic in defeat and Black is also kept strong, allowing someone else to be the first to pin/submit him.

As for the War Games match. Holy shit, I can't wait for this. I see the Undisputed Era winning, likely pinning one of the Authors of Pain, to set up a tag title match with Sanity at some point. I think AOP might be on their way out and they don't need to be booked as strong now, so they can take a pinball loss. Either way, this might not be the technical best but I really have high hopes for this match.

Below is the full announcement on the match:

WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne to defend against Johnny Gargano in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18

If you want to bear witness to WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne's next colossal title defense live, there's only one way to do so: By scoring a ticket to NXT's debut at the Toyota Center in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18.

Fresh off making his unforgettable debut on WWE Monday Night Raw, The BruiserWeight will put his WWE U.K. Title on the line against former NXT Tag Team Champion Johnny Gargano.

The match will not air as part of that night's TakeOver: WarGames live special on WWE Network, meaning those lucky NXT fans in attendance in the Toyota Center will have an exclusive opportunity to watch the title bout unfold before their eyes.

One of the most popular Superstars in all NXT, Gargano has struggled to find his footing in the singles division since the painful breakup of #DIY last May. Could Johnny Wrestling change his fortunes in Houston by dethroning the devilish Dunne and becoming the first American to capture the U.K. Championship?

Find out for yourself by securing your seat today. Tickets for NXT in Houston are available now at NXTTickets.com!

It's obviously not on the actual PPV but man, what an awesome match that would be, it's a shame we won't get to see it somehow.