Latest News
  • Post your opinions on all of the latest topics in the news!
  • Backlash available NOW on BrendenPlayz!
  • Join the BPZ NBA Fantasy Basketball League
  • Welcome to a new look BrendenPlayz Forums!
  • Remember to join the chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Announcements

• BrendenPlayz

New Reactions!   07/26/2017

Reactions have been added to the forum with the new site update. These reactions are an extension to the reputation system and allow you to display more emotions in your reputation handouts. With this change it introduces 'Neutral' reputation, which is a reaction that offers neither positive or negative reputation. These are represented via the "Haha", "Confused" and "Sad". We still currently have our traditional reputation methods with upvoting and downvoting for those who prefer the old method. "Liking" is now the default reputation method and the "Thanks" option has also been added, these make up the two new positive reputation point.  The only new addition to the negative reputation system is the "Angry" emotion. Give them a try!
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion

Predictions:

Black VS Dream: Black

Ohno VS Sullivan: Sullivan

Womens Championship 4 way: Cross

NXT Championship Drew VS Almas: Drew

War Games: Undisputed Era

A lot of these feel pretty certain who is going to win, but it doesn't put me off whatsoever, I'm hyped for the event full stop.

Haven't been following the product but I'll throw some wild predictions out there

WarGames Match: The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong vs. SAnitY

NXT Championship Match: Andrade "Cien" vs. Drew McIntyre

NXT Women's Championship Fatal Four-Way Match: Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce vs. Nikki Cross

Ab Contest: Shawn Michaels vs. Johnny Gargano

The Velveteen Dream vs. Aleister Black 

Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan

Really enjoyable show. Never watched a Takeover in full but decided to go ahead with this one while talking to everyone else on the Discord and I'm really glad that I did. All matches were of a really great quality and I'm likely going to try keep up with NXT a lot more. Stand out guy for me was Velveteen Dream, the guy killed it against Black and it's hard to believe that at one point he was Patrick Clark on Tough Enough...he has developed a lot within three years. Didn't expect McIntyre to lose the belt but it's a good platform for someone like me who is about to start watching NXT more: a fresh start. War Games was mad and done really well with some great sports. Only critic I have have is I felt that the endings of a couple of matches felt a bit underwhelming but besides that really enjoyed it.

Amazing, really amazing. Alister Black and The Velveteen Dream was probably my favorite match, as the Wargames match was also fucking amazing it was hard to keep track of what was going on at times, the spots in it were crazy as hell and it made me realize how great Big Gus is, couldn't remember his name lol. ERA winning was probably the right call on winning and I see him beating Andrade soon enough, and speaking of that, that was awesome. I thought Drew was going to retain and I didn't see it coming at all but its a fun surprise, finally someone wins who was not in the company for 2 months.

As Prince said, some of the matches ended weird, the womens match was a little disappointing imo but everything was great. I am going to be watching NXT weekly from here on out because this show really, really impressed me. Lars Sullivan and Velveteen Dream have to be my favorite characters on the show, I am hoping Black gets pushed to the main soon along with Drew, and if Drew being injured is true maybe he will debut at the Rumble? Anyways, this show was amazing and I do not see Survior Series toping it. 

This may be one of the best TakeOvers they have done yet, which is special since I haven't watched a single TakeOver event I didn't love. The Ohio/Sullivan match was a fun way to open the card and set the level of intensity for the rest of the night, and Sullivan is honestly great in my opinion so it'll be fun to see where he ends up.

The Dream/Black match was incredible, Dream's DDT finished thing that started like the Sister Abigail was awesome and these two have such a good grasp on their characters and stories, which is incredible from Dream at his age.

The women's match was.very fun and I love that Peyton Royce is over with the crowds because she's really developed during her time in NXT. Moon was probably the right person to win considering the story with her following Asuka leaving, and Asuka being there to hand it over was a nice touch, but I was personally routing for Cross.

The NXT Title match was fantastic. I did not expect Almas to win at all but the fact that he did is testament to his improvements, especially since being paired with Vega. I know McIntyre is injured, which is a shame to me, but I hope he is moved to the main roster on his return and develops more of a personality on top of what he already has because since his return, he just has a completely different aura about him compared to his first WWE run. He has a fantastic look and as Steve and Larsen have said, he might be the biggest 6 ft 6 person in existence. Almas winning was great, and despite the finish being a little awkward with timing, and with McIntyre's injury, it was a fun finisher. Hopefully McIntyre isn't out too long, and also doesn't rush back, and I wonder if the intention was always for Almas to win.

The War Games match. My good. It was incredible from beginning to end. Everyone brought their A game, no one looked out of place in my opinion. Having Strong, Cole and Young start, as their teams leaders, was awesome because often the leaders would be save in matches like these. There were some incredible spots and stand out moments. The duplex from the top of the cage was amazing. Dain stood out for me, it was a real star-making performance for him. It was nice that the match didn't have any outside interference at all. I hope the War Games match is something they continue to do each year because it was such a spectacle. I know people were worried that there being no roof to the cage would takeaway from the match but once it was clear that exiting the cage would disqualify your team, it worked incredibly well in my opinion. I genuinely can't fully explain just how much I enjoyed this match. Push all 9 of them too the title, fuck it. Make titles for them. I loved it.