Latest News
  • Post your opinions on all of the latest topics in the news!
  • Backlash available NOW on BrendenPlayz!
  • Join the BPZ NBA Fantasy Basketball League
  • Welcome to a new look BrendenPlayz Forums!
  • Remember to join the chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Announcements

• BrendenPlayz

New Reactions!   07/26/2017

Reactions have been added to the forum with the new site update. These reactions are an extension to the reputation system and allow you to display more emotions in your reputation handouts. With this change it introduces 'Neutral' reputation, which is a reaction that offers neither positive or negative reputation. These are represented via the "Haha", "Confused" and "Sad". We still currently have our traditional reputation methods with upvoting and downvoting for those who prefer the old method. "Liking" is now the default reputation method and the "Thanks" option has also been added, these make up the two new positive reputation point.  The only new addition to the negative reputation system is the "Angry" emotion. Give them a try!
Sign in to follow this  
BiC

(In Your Opinion) What makes a 'Great Match' great?

Image result for best wrestling matches ever

What makes a great match great?

CM Punk vs John Cena, John Cena vs Aj Styles, The Rock vs Austin, Michels vs Taker, all great matches. Some matches have great story telling, some have great spots. Different people have different opinions on matches and if there good or not. But what makes a match good/great? What do you look for in a match for it to be great? I would have to say a combination of near falls and story telling, I don't really care if theres no insane table spots or risky moves. But I do like a good kick out, a lot of Takers Mania matches are good examples. And story telling, look at Punk vs Cena. But what about you guys?

This question is subjective. To be honest a great match depends on the person watching it since there is not a single match that is universally agreed to be a great match all around. All the matches you listed have people who dislike the matches. A great match is a match that you enjoy and perceive as great there is no all around best match ever because there is no match that has been able to appeal to every single wrestling fan. 

3 minutes ago, FDS said:

This question is subjective. To be honest a great match depends on the person watching it since there is not a single match that is universally agreed to be a great match all around. All the matches you listed have people who dislike the matches. A great match is a match that you enjoy and perceive as great there is no all around best match ever because there is no match that has been able to appeal to every single wrestling fan. 

" What do you look for in a match for it to be great?" is what I said as well. 

6 minutes ago, BiC said:

" What do you look for in a match for it to be great?" is what I said as well. 

Fair enough, the title of the post seems to just mean in general to me. 

Anyways for me I enjoy a slow build up of events with both exciting in and out of ring work. I also enjoy technical wrestling as long as its not over done like in an Orton match.