Latest News
  • Discuss the latest wrestling events!
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Kyle Reeves

Royal Rumble Match Discussion

Image result for Royal Rumble 2018

Who is Winning The Royal Rumble In 2018?

Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura, Braun Strowmen, Bray Wyatt, all these names and 26 more, who is going to win the Rumble in 2018. Will it be the obvious route, with Roman winning the Rumble. We know that Brock will be facing Reigns at Mania and maybe this is the way they set that up, but that would make it the second time Reigns has won the Rumble and go on to face Lesnar. Will it be Nakamura, and win it for Smackdown? Going on to face Aj Styles or John Cena at the grandest stage of them all? Or maybe its John Cena, going to face Aj Styles or Jinder Mahal? Right now, I have to say John Cena to go on and beat Jinder Mahal, win his 17th world title and make history. I think the final 2 will be John Cena and Braun Strowmen, and the final four will be.

Roman Reigns

Randy Orton

John Cena

Braun Strowmen

I think we decided that it was between Reigns and Nakamura since the two world title matches are all but confirmed at this point. I doubt they'd put the belt back onto Jinder now that Styles has it and they know they could have a star making performance on the grandest stage of them all at Mania. The fans want Nakamura VS AJ, the company knows its a good investment, they've been teasing us its going to happen. As of Reigns VS Lesnar that makes sense, in a one on one Scenario Lesnar has never beaten Reigns and Vice Versa, every time one of them lost the match it was either a triple threat or a four way. So the big question is: Which one is it? Originally I thought it was Roman but then I realised Raw has EC so I have a feeling this will be Nakamura's first big Main Roster achievement after being convinced. 

Now Now just because AJ Has the title doesn't Mean it will be AJ Vs Nakamura at Wrestlemania 34 you guys are so desperate for that match Besides John Cena Will be back then so it could be AJ Vs Cena or Jinder Mahal Vs John cena for the WWE Championship

As for the Royal Rumble Just because RAW has Elimination Chamber doesn't Mean Smackdown Will win Remember Last Year SD Won the Royal Rumble but also got Elimination Chamber

Royal Rumble winners?

1. Roman Reigns  (Winner)
  2. Braun Strowman (Preferably not)
  3. Bobby Roode (Preferably not)
  4. Nakamura (Preferably not)
  5. Samoa Joe
  6. Finn Balor
  7. Seth Rollins
  8. John Cena

after watching how things have been i honestly think this year will be hard especially the changes done to the royal rumble match in wwe2k18 sorry back to kayfabe its a random one i see dean ambrose wining again but looking at momentum wise i see seth rollins wining thats if he h

4 hours ago, BrendenPlayz said:

To me, Braun Strowman is the logical winner. I think it's been too long since a giant has won and it'll put over the size factor again. Plus, he's red hot. He's killing it, he deserves a run with the belt and to win it at the big event would be awesome. 

as no title it would be nice to see some one like braun a giant for once wining

I feel it's going to be either Styles, Nakamura or Roman

Styles - Might be a weird one, but I honestly can't be too surprised if Jinder takes the title off him. I would say that maybe Nakamura and Jinder move on to a feud, where Nakamura wins and AJ wins the rumble, setting up the match between them.

Nakamura - I would say this is a bit more likely than Styles, though I'm not entirely sure if they would let Nak win the rumble, though it would set up for Styles vs Nakamura for Mania.

Roman -  I feel either way, it's going to be Roman vs Brock at Wrestlemania. Even if Roman doesn't win the rumble, he might win some qualification match or whatever to face Brock. Though, I can also see Roman winning the rumble, even if he is IC champ by then.

I think Smackdown is winning first of all because RAW has an elimination chamber match which will probably decide the #1 contender to universal. So i think a Smackdown star will win..

I think styles or cena will be champion going into Wrestlemania. 

The only people i can see right now are Shinsuke Nakamaura and Bobby Roode or Cena if Styles is champ 

It depends on who’s champ for Mania. I think it’ll go to a Smackdown guy though so either Roode, Nakamura, Cena or Styles. Cena would be cool cause they could do the free agent storyline where we don’t know who he’ll use his rumble win on.

Then again, Nakamura is logical cause Styles vs Nakamura has been rumored for so long.

Here’s the thing. I think WWE will (unfortunately) keep the Lesnar/Reigns Match For Mania, but I don’t think WWE want to risk another 2015 debacle, so I doubt Roman will win the Rumble. So my thought process is that a SmackDown Star is winning the Rumble, and going on to face the WWE Champion. The only problem being, I can’t really think of a SD Star that could win the Rumble. I like Owens, I like Styles, I like Nakamura, I like Roode, but do I think they will win, not really. Im gonna go with Nakamura, mostly just because ever since coming to the main roster, I don’t think we’ve seen the Shinsuke from NXT, so maybe the Rumble win can put him over. But hey, if I could have it any way, let Strowman pick up the win and screw Roman.

Who I Want: Braun Strowman 

Who Will Likely Win: Shinsuke Nakamura 

Note: This is all based of my theory that Roman won’t win the Rumble to challenge Brock.

For me I just can't see Strowman winning the royal rumble just yet, especially after he only just lost to Lesnar recently, and if anyone from RAW was to win it I'd say they'd have Reigns win it again. Although I think they'll avoid having Reigns winning the rumble this time around because of the serious amount of backlash that it could face, so they'll probably just have him win a number one contendership match instead. I feel like they'll give the win to a Smackdown guy again this year, which would probably be Nakamura. Nakamura VS Styles at Wrestlemania seems like the most likely option, just because of the history these two have together in Japan. It's probably the best choice as well as Naka winning the Rumble would surely get a great reaction, and a match between Naka and Styles for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania would be insanely good if they're both given some time to work their magic. 

Obviously John Cena because for some reason the only young superstar that’s allowed to win the Royal Rumble is John Cena. If you honestly believe anyone else will, just look at every winner since 2013: 

2013: John Cena 

2014: Batista 

2015: Roman Reigns 

2016: HHH 

2017: Randy Orton

would love to see a young guy do it, but feels like something they do for the headlines by using a star who is popular outside of the WWE as well. 

Unless there are any title changes between now and the Royal Rumble, I simply don't see it being anyone outside of Reigns/Nakamura. Like everyone else has said, if Reigns wins then they will just ruin all the good build they're doing with him now, as right now he is probably getting the best reactions he's gotten in a very long time. Nakamura just makes sense to me. Surely someone from Smackdown will win it, at least.

Shinsuke will win. His gimmick hasnt had a lot of heat, and yes you could make arguments for many people to win. People like, Braun, Owens, Cena. But for me Brauns gimmick wouldn't work with a title, Cena hasn't been doing anything. Kevin Owens is probably gonna have a rematch against Shane at mania. And I have a feeling Shinsuke V Styles will happen at Mania.

6 minutes ago, HeelAkki said:

I'm not sure that Smackdown will win this year, but with the stupid rumors like 2014's I'm guessing Batista. And if he actually does win, I will stop watching wrestling and drink bleach for every minute I still watch it after I quit watching..

If he does return, I'd still say there is next to a 0% chance he wins. No chance they'd do that again and suffer the backlash, and I'm pretty confident he wouldn't return if he knew that was the plan.

For me there are 2 clear men who should win, 1 for each brand.

RAW - Braun, Braun has been great ever since his major push in 2016. He has managed to keep the momentum going and I can see him winning and ending Brock's reign as Universal Champ at Mania.

Smackdown Live - Shinsuke Nakamura, Shinsuke V AJ Styles for the title..... Please?