Latest News
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
BiC

Royal Rumble Match Discussion

EC3 (or Derrick Batemen) making his debut at the Royal Rumble would be a good way to introduce him into the WWE, it won't have the same sort of affect as AJ Styles had when's he debuted but it would be smart if they give him a strong showing.

These Daniel Bryan rumours are pretty damn big, I'd be majorly surprised if for if he actually returned in the match and the fin he went on to win it. If the WWE are still giving him the no to wrestle why would they suddenly be fine with him main eventing Wrestlemania? Doesn't make sense. 

It shouldn’t have come as a huge surprised when Pete Dunne received an amazing reception as he made his Raw debut in Manchester England during WWE’s last European tour. But he sadly hasn’t been seen on the program since.

Dunne is allowed to work indie dates around the globe while carrying the WWE United Kingdom Championship, but it looks like he won’t be showing up for one date. The curious part of it is how close to the Royal Rumble pay-per-view this event is.

Brittania Wrestling Promotions recently announced Pete Dunne won’t be appearing at their show on the 27th which is just one day prior to the big Royal Rumble event in Philadelphia. On their Facebook page, the British wrestling promotion confirmed this by putting out the following release:

“It is with regret that we inform the BWP Faithful that Pete Dunne will no longer be attending BWP Royally Rumbled next weekend due to last minute contractual obligations to WWE. WWE have called Pete back to America ahead of their Royal Rumble event next Sunday.

Source:Wrestlingnews.co 

- Despite Daniel Bryan being one of the betting odds favorites to win the Royal Rumble, Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.comnotes that Bryan has not been medically cleared as of earlier this week and that’s not expected to change. On betting sitePaddy Power, Bryan is currently tied with Dolph Ziggler as the 3rd favorite with 9/2 odds. 

Just for all you who do not live in England. Paddy Power is the king of making fake rumours and trying to get people to bet on random things so that they can get profit. No way is Bryan entering the rumble, maybe Ricochet will as a big debut for him, and maybe EC3 will too. But Bryan definently wont be wrestling. I still think that Shinsuke Nakamura will win.

I'm still going with Nakamura at this stage. The way I see it, Nakamura vs Styles and Reigns vs Lesnar will be the two title matches. So it'll either be Reigns or Nakamura winning. Most likely? Reigns. But we'll see. Praying for Lashley and EC3 to appear in the rumble. If EC3 doesn't I hope hes at NXT Takeover at least.

Damn what a surprise. I do think Roman has improved a lot over the past year, however I think that a SmackDown superstar should win since RAW can use Elimination Chamber as a way to determine the challenger for Brock Lesnar. If anyone was going to win on RAW it would be Reigns but I still don’t think he will, and I hope he doesn’t win.

One of my favorite Royal Rumble in a long while. Some good moments in this match. Rusev being incredibly over, Finn Balor being the Rumble Iron Man this year, NXT Champion Almas main roster debut until he gets called up, Adam Cole, The Hurricane, and my favorite part, Rey Mysterio return. Dolph return was meh since I'm glad he's back but he deserved to at least be in the final four. Speaking of final four, what a final four we had. Roman Reigns, John Cena, Finn Balor, and Shinsuke Nakamura. And I'm very happy that WWE listened to their fans and Shinsuke went on to win the Rumble by last throwing Roman Reigns, who I feared was going to win, over and finally showing what he should of been booked as when he got to SmackDown, a mega star. And we get the WWE dream match of AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship (which I hope main events the show) at WrestleMania 34. 

This was the best Rumble in a long time, maybe even the best ever. There were many surprises such as: Almas, Adam Cole, Mysterio and Ziggler. There were great spots like Kofi Kingston and the pancakes, as well as Slater eliminating Sheamus and the 3 on 3 stand-off between Reigns, Balor, Shinsuke, Cena, Orton and Mysterio at the end. Also, we had the correct winner. Shinsuke Nakamura was the right choice for me, it is no secret that AJ and Shinsuke can put on a great match, so yeah a great rumble.