Latest News
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Identity of Debuting NXT Superstar Who Was Teased This Week

WWE NXT Mystery

The identity of the NXT superstar who is debuting soon has been revealed. A vignette aired this week for an “ominous force” coming to NXT and as Sportskeeda notes, the person in question is Shayna Baszler.
The defining clue in question here came at the end of the vignette, which showed the word “soon” with the O’s stylized like spades. Baszler’s nickname is the Queen of Spades, a sobriquet given to her by Josh Barnett due to her skill at card tricks.

While Baszler’s debut may well not be related, it was reported earlier in the day that Ronda Rousey’s signing with WWE is “imminent.” Baszler and Rousey are two of the self-styled Four Horsewomen of MMA and there have been rumors that they will face off with the Four Horsewomen of WWE (Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, and Bayley) in some combination at WrestleMania 34.

To be honest, if the ominous force coming to NXT is Shayna Baszler then I'm gonna be excited as I look forward to seeing how they book her with her MMA past. I thought she did a great job in the Mae Young Classic and it's clear WWE wants to do something with the Four Horsewoman (in MMA), so I am glad they are actually signing one of them who wrestles. The next one I would try to convert over to wrestling is Ronda Rousey as if you got two or even all four to sign with WWE that would be awesome and would be sure to attract more fans from UFC and possibly help bring more UFC guys over to WWE who gain interest into making the jump, even if it was for a one match deal.

To be perfectly honest. I dont know much about this new wrestler. I hope she could become like a Brock Lesnar for the womens divison with the WWE really hyping up her MMA background. And also I want WWE to maybe even overhype how well she did in the Mae Young Classic. Just so some viewers watching NXT for the first time may be attached to the character that hopefully will be built up by the WWE.

NXT is great at building new characters. I didn't watch the Mae Young Classic but hopefully, if she's getting a video package to hype her up, she performed well and was impressive in the tournament.

All I know of Baszler is that she's one of the four horsewomen of UFC which does add some value to her name. It's not often that we get UFC stars actually competing full-time in WWE so it surely should be interesting.

I'm hoping that her training ethic for her MMA fights transfers over to pro wrestling because with a training schedule fit for an MMA fighter, she's due to improve vastly as a pro wrestler. Anyway, good luck to her in her career in pro wrestling, I hope she finds as much success as she did in MMA.

12 hours ago, BiC said:

Don't really know anything about her and this is not confirmed, imo it looks more like a man. Rockstar Spud was thrown around on twitter, if it is this Shayna girl, its a good addition to the roster. But for now, I don't think it is her.

Considering Shanya Baszler's nickname is the Queen of Spades and that Rockstar Spud has nothing to do with spades to my knowledge, I'd say it's more likely to be Baszler than Spud. Also, in response to it looking more like a man, I'd say that just seems more like her build from her MMA career with her hair slicked or tied back. Plus the way she walks is similar to that shown in the video. If you are interested in seeing her compete, you should check out this match with Joey Ryan which I thought was pretty good as it gives a peek at her ability in the ring.

Bazler is a huge star and has a lot of potential to be a massive threat in NXT. The way she was built up in the Mae Young Classic shows exactly how much WWE value her, she beat so many big independent names and she looked dominant doing so, I look forward to seeing what they do with her in the women's division.