WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Eric Shun

Fixing Football Problems

713px-Europa_League.svg.png

A Changed Europa League

The Europa League, not many sides want to be in it, and not many like it. So, how could you change that? This is how.

The Europa League is a european football competition that is a secondary competition to the Champions League. It has sides who are towards the middle of the upper half of leagues and also receives teams dropping into the competition from the Europa League, known as parachutes. So, the tournament starts with 48 teams split into 12 groups of four. Each team play each other twice just like the Champions League. After the games have been played, the top two teams go through into the knockouts and the rest go home. Then in the knockouts, the sides who have gone through are joined by the parachutes from the Champions League. And from there it is a two-legged knockout until the final which is one game at a neutral ground, where the winner gets a place in the Champions League in the next season.

If you want to improve this, first of all you need to address the way that the Europa League is a clone of the Champions League. As well as this it does last too long as the side who may have to play 13 games, and if a parachute team win they play 7. A third problem of the Europa League can't really be fixed, that is the lack of huge sides. But, to attract more viewer intrigue and more sponsorship from big brands and TV. You could scrap the group stages. That why it is a straight knockout competition and will force teams to take it more seriously if they want to win it. And the parachute sides can still come into the competition. After the first round they can be added. Not only would this be solving a few problems of the competition, but also it would freshen up the competition and get more TV sponsorship. 

That is how I would change the Europa League. Let me know your opinion of this idea, and give me things I could fix in football. 

It can't attract big brands or TV when you don't have the star power like the Champions League does. This tournament is a "B" show for the CL and always will be how it is now. This year they had teams like Arsenal and Everton and last Liverpool and United. The EPL teams are the biggest draw in the tournament and it is mainly just for European teams to compete around Europe and get a spot in the CL next year. It can never be changed nor should it.

3 minutes ago, Ross said:

It can't attract big brands or TV when you don't have the star power like the Champions League does. This tournament is a "B" show for the CL and always will be how it is now. This year they had teams like Arsenal and Everton and last Liverpool and United. The EPL teams are the biggest draw in the tournament and it is mainly just for European teams to compete around Europe and get a spot in the CL next year. It can never be changed nor should it.

Ross, im not saying it should be changed, or that what they are competing for should be changed. Its purely a fantasy idea that would be cool to see put into action and give it its own identify.

03666197-392787.jpg

Dodgy Refereeing Decisions

Commonly, when watching football, you will see countless accounts of managers getting frustrated at a decision made by the referee or a linesman. Normally you will see them try and talk to the 4th official about what happened. But is there a way this can change?

A lot of ideas have been made, such as the three card idea, where the manager has 3 cards and when he sees a dodgy decision he can choose to review it by dropping a card. Then there are some people who don't care about the decisions at all and see them as a part of football. Then there is the biased fan, which make up about 75% of football fans, who when a dodgy decision is given in the favour of the team that their favourite side are facing get annoyed at referees, but don't mind if the decisions were given in their favour. 

To solve this problem is quite basic. You either, do nothing, which I believe should be done as dodgy decisions are part of football, and although they may get you annoyed or worked up, it happens to everyone (West Ham Fans). But, that would be boring and make this post terrible. So here is my theory. Over recent years we have had advancements in technology used to officiate games of football, such as vanishing spray and goal line technology. So why can't we have something like that to review decisions. You see countless cameras either taking pictures or recording the game. So why can't one of them be streamed to say a 5th official,who watches the game from a box. Then you can also implement the card system so when a manager wants to review a decision they can and the 5th official can decide if there was anything wrong.

A very similar system to this is used in cricket. Where reviews are a key part of the game, and you need to be careful on when to use them. The same with tennis. So, using a system like this in football may be a good idea. Anyway, that is what I think, let me know your opinions too.

fa_cup_70mm_front_cut-out.png
FA Cup Players

The FA Cup, is a knockout competition competed between all sides from the English football pyramid. Non-League sides go through many qualifying rounds to get into the cup, with League 1 and 2 sides entering in the first round proper. And the Premier League and Championship teams entering in round 3. Most Non-League sides really look forward to a good cup run and the prospect of being able to play against big sides. But when the day may happen, the side tend to face a second rate side. As these days we see Premier League teams trying to get themselves eliminated and starting their youth squad in the cup, instead of treating it like a difficult competition. Two key examples of teams who do this are Liverpool and West Ham. And as a Non-League football fan myself. Its sad to see. Having teams who really try their hardest to win and then the top teams who don't care. But there may be a way to rectify that. And it is as follows.

To stop the big sides from using their youth players, there is a simple technique. it is used in the Champions League and I don't see why it can't work in the FA Cup. I think that at the start of each season. You should have to enter an FA Cup squad. Meaning that only players put down on that list can play in the cup. If you introduce this to the Premier League and Championship sides. It would lead to the competition having way, way more interesting games, and a risk aspect. As the sides it would affect would have to gamble with who to put into their squad, so that if you get another big team in the draw you may have to use youth players if you entered youth players in your squad. Overall I think this would be a good change, that would definitely make the competition better. But, let me know your opinions on this topic too.

nintchdbpict000286484940.jpg?w=960

Diving Punishments

Sadly in the modern game of football, diving is being used more and more as a way of getting an unfair advantage in a game. Players dive for penalties, or free kicks which can often break a stalemate in a game. Some players were and are repeat offenders like: Luis Suarez and Dele Alli. However, diving isn't just a problem in England. It is problem around the world. With so called 'Rolemodel' players such Cristiano Ronaldo diving too. And if young people are meant to look up to these huge stars, wont we just create a generation of divers?

Now, whilst if a player dives in a game they are meant to be booked and are sometimes banned afterwards, like Manuel Lanzini is banned right now. A lot of the time this does not happen. With only 10% of diving cases being investigated by the FA, probably even less. And referees aren't booking divers in games as much as they should either. With referees normally telling the players in the game to play on rather than to stop the game, award a free kick and book the diver like they should. But there is a way to stop all diving, it just needs to be stuck to by all referees and FA's from around the world.

I think to stop diving, we need to stop the generic 3 game ban idea. For example, if we apply this to Manuel Lanzini, a player as you would know, is serving his ban for diving as we speak, instead of banning him for three games. Why can't be ban him for the next 2 games against the team he dived against. If this is done, not only will the side that were unfairly treated in the game be helped. But if the player continues to dive. Soon if the player continues to dive then they wont be able to play in most games in a season. It will also help the side who were unfairly treated as if Lanzini were not to be banned for the 3 games - as he was in real life. This is because, in real life, Newcastle beat West Ham without Lanzini, a result that didn't help Stoke at all. Anyway thats how I think we should stop diving, let me know your opinion (I would keep yellows in games and fines for diving).

56bc4862c0499.jpg

Controversial Red Cards
The red card in the game of football is a big gamechanger, forcing a team to play with one less player can have many effects on the team. It can make them play worse and lower their morale or it can fire them up if it say was the wrong decision and make the team play better. No matter your opinion on the red card, it does let the side with 11 players have an advantage, thus making delivering a red card an extremely important decision for the referee to make, especially in big games. So maybe you could understand how when there are about 6 million eyes watching you live on TV and about 30 thousand more in the stadium a referee makes the wrong decision, causing absolute chaos and everyone watching to say that they could have made the right choice, despite not knowing how difficult refereeing a professional football game can be. But it isn't always the fault of the referee, it is the fault of the FA too. With so many new rules and updated rules being added, referees have added pressure on them during games these days. But there is a way to help the referee when making these key decisions on the spot.

For me, to really cut down or end controversial red card decisions, all you need is a set of guidelines for the referee to follow. These guidelines would help the referee to make choices, like for example, having a list of yellow card offences and a list of red card offences. Yes, this is something that is implemented at the moment in football, but instead of helping the referee,the current guidelines make them have to make more decisions in a game. This is because instead of the guidelines just stating for example, diving or simulation is a yellow card offence. It would say, a rash challenge is a yellow card offence, which rather than helping the referee it makes the referee have to make an on the spot decision about whether the challenge was a rash one or not.

By doing this and making the on the spot decisions easier for referees, less tough decisions would have to be made in a game, which would severely cut down on the amount of controversial red cards. This method, although it may have some teething issues is a great way to help the referees rather than just say here are some adjectives you decide. But let me know what you think of my opinion and give me your own.

Welcome back to my fixing football problems thread. This time I will be talking about a problem that I don’t think gets enough attention. This problem revolves around the young player of the season award. I am not completely certain how this award works or if it is even a thing in other countries. But in english football it is an end of season awards voted on by players and journalists who are given a shortlist to pick from. All players under the age of 23 qualify to have a chance of winning the award, which is both a good and bad thing. It allows young players who are good but playing for a poor team to experience the feeling of winning something. Well, that is what it is meant for. But it isn’t.

Overtime, the award is being awarded to less players breaking through and more to established players. For example, some winners in previous years are an already established Raheem Sterling and an already golden boot winning Harry Kane. In order for things to be changed and the correct players to win this award, I think that certain rules should be made. I think that for a player to be eligible to win the PFA Young Player of the season award, they must be under the age of 23 and have played under 3 seasons of professional football. I feel like this would eradicate the likeliness that people would win the award when they are already star players for a team. For example, last season the 3 main players in for the award would be Aaron Wan-Bissaka, David Brooks and Trent Alexander-Arnold.

I agree with this and feel like they should also add that you can't win this award more than once. It is more and more likely these days that footballers are breaking out at the age of 18 and so the fact that they could win the award for 5 years straight is ridiculous. I agree this award needs to be changed. 

The Copa America is a competition involving the best 12 sides from South America. There are two phases, first a group stage and secondly a knockout phase. The system for this competition is really quite flawed. As well as the way it works.

The problem with the Copa America is the fact that a team is able to get through their group stages without even winning a game. For example, Paraguay got into the knockout stage despite not actually winning a match. This really shouldn’t happen in an international tournament. To fix this, we could change the system, considering only 12 teams enter the competition. To eradicate this problem they could have 4 groups of 3 teams, meaning each individual game means a lot more. It would also mean that the chances of having 2 hard teams in your group is lower and therefore the chance of a team that aren’t great squeezing through is higher. This will give teams like Paraguay the incentive and opportunity to do well and get through despite clearly not having a team with the quality of winning the group.

That is how I would fix the Copa America, tell me what you think.

I do agree that it’s dumb that a team can get through their group without winning a single game so I think it should be changed and I do like your idea. Also a problem I’d like you to look at (if you think this is a problem) is astronomical transfer fees since FFP really isn’t stopping it at the moment.

Welcome back to my fixing footballs problem thread. As requested by Bash I am going to be going through the financial fairplay system. Financial fairplay was designed in order to give all sides an equal chance in european competitions and in national competitons. It guides teams, telling them basically how much they can spend. If a team go other the amount they are allowed to spend then they get punished. Whether by a transfer ban, or just a fine. Over the years more and more teams are being investigated for breaching financial fairplay regulations, and the punishments being handed out clearly aren't deterring clubs from doing it again. So, I am going to go through the current punishments used and say what I think UEFA should do.

At the moment, the most common punishment is either the fine of the transfer ban. Fines do nothing, the club will maybe even want to breach the rules more, as the punishment is so weak and any clubs being affected by financial fairplay probably have the money to pay any fine and continue doing what they were doing. And with transfer bans there are flaws too, as sides can just say they disagree and they 90% of the time their transfer ban pushed back a window whilst UEFA "investigate" even though they clearly have investigated at that point because why would you hand out a punishment like that which temporarily shuts down a team without being completely sure of yourself. As you can tell, the transfer ban doesn't work either. These though, aren't the punishments that are threatened, as UEFA always say a side will be banned from a european competition for a season if the breach regulations. They only time I can remember this happening to was recently to Milan. For me, they need to stick to their guns and enforce the punishment that they have said in the first place, not replace it with a fine or a transfer ban as they clearly do not stop the fans from doing it again. If they do stick to their guns and hand out bans for breaching rules and regulations, then it will eradicate the problem indefinitely.

Let me know what you guys think! 

At the moment english football is in a blimp. The national squad are poor and although there is a fair amount of young talent working their way up, they may become the next Ravel Morrison. This is because of their treatment. In other countries, their national leagues are littered with players playing in their national countries. Like, the Italian, German and French leagues are mainly full of players of that nationality. However, in England, even newly promoted sides are looking abroad for new signings to help them stay up. With Wolves essentially buying half of the Portugal squad for last season. With teams sending their English players either into lower leagues or abroad to shine in other countries. Not only does this hinder their development, but in cases like Jadon Sancho a player could develop into a great player but have no experience playing with or against other english players. Meaning their international performances are strongly affected in a negative manor.

How do you battle this? Its simple, the FA have to take action, putting a new rule in that a squad must have a certain amount of English players in their team each Premier League season. Currently their is a similar rule, the foreign nation rule. Which permits each team a maximum of 17 foreign players in their squad. However, it doesn't state they must have a full 25 man squad. It just says the maximum you are allowed is 25. So some sides have 17 foreign players and 4 or 5 english players. To combat this, I would change the rule, instead of capping the amount of foreign players, set a minimum bar of the minimum number of English players you must have in their squad. Lets say at 10 perhaps. This would force clubs to not loan away young players for no reason (Of course if a player needs to be loaned out because they are too young or just not good enough then that is acceptable) instead giving them a chance. For example, Liverpool could have their 10 players be: Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Kent, Brewster, Jones and Clyne.

Personally, I feel like this would start to solve the problem. As if we give our young players a chance then they will have more belief. It could potentially lead to other nations coming in for our youngsters, just like how Bayern are in for Hudson-Odoi right now. Let me know what you think.

On 7/7/2019 at 4:48 AM, GeorgeAK said:

The Copa America is a competition involving the best 12 sides from South America. There are two phases, first a group stage and secondly a knockout phase. The system for this competition is really quite flawed. As well as the way it works.

The problem with the Copa America is the fact that a team is able to get through their group stages without even winning a game. For example, Paraguay got into the knockout stage despite not actually winning a match. This really shouldn’t happen in an international tournament. To fix this, we could change the system, considering only 12 teams enter the competition. To eradicate this problem they could have 4 groups of 3 teams, meaning each individual game means a lot more. It would also mean that the chances of having 2 hard teams in your group is lower and therefore the chance of a team that aren’t great squeezing through is higher. This will give teams like Paraguay the incentive and opportunity to do well and get through despite clearly not having a team with the quality of winning the group.

That is how I would fix the Copa America, tell me what you think.

It's a way to fix the dumb confusion we have every 4 years but I wouldnt mess with the legacy of Copa America.