Latest News
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
BiC

WWE Hosting PPV In Australia

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned there have been serious internal discussions within WWE regarding a possible Global Warning pay-per-view event that would take place next year in Australia.

For those who don’t remember, WWE Global Warning Tour 2002 took place in Melbourne and over 50,000 people attended the live event. We’re told officials want to top that in a big way next year.

Sources with direct knowledge say WWE have discussed running Global Warning II in October at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which holds 100,000 people. This time, however, they want to broadcast the event on PPV and the WWE Network.

Nothing official has been set quite yet, but we’re told things are headed in the right direction.

According to ProWrestlingSheet.com, WWE is considering doing another Global Warning PPV in Australia during 2018. The first one took place in Melbourne in 2002 and drew over 50,000. The is reportedly talk of WWE having the event take place at the 100,000 seat Melbourne Cricket Ground in October and airing the event on the WWE Network. 

NODQ

To be honest I love it whenever WWE travels outside of the US as it always seems more special. I mean the crowds get into the program and have a blast without pulling a stunt like the infamous Beach Ball party. I also am happy to hear WWE is talking about airing it on the WWE Network as I love having the special WWE Network exclusive events like Beast in the East for example. I'm not sold on the name though but I'm sure the Australian crowd would enjoy the show if this does happen.

It would be nice to see. Foreign fans are always a lot more ecstatic when given the chance to be on the main shows so letting them host a PPV would entail an absolutely incredible crowd. I would imagine the show would easily get sold out. The only problem is that this is really unlikely. Oh yeh and also, the PPV isn't in the UK.