WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
RedArrow12

[MLB] Major League Baseball Discussion

Okay, I as a Nationals fan have many problems with how they've been playing, ESPECIALLY their bullpen. I'll take last night's game as an example.

Last night the Nats lost to the Braves 13-9 after leading 8-4 going into the 7th. The Nationals bullpen gave up 9 RUNS before they could get 9 OUTS! THAT IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE FRANCHISE. Trevor Rosenthal after that game had an ERA of 22.74, and thank god we released him this morning because I don't think I could handle another nervous breakdown from him getting warmed up in the bullpen. But the sad thing is it's not just one guy, no. The Nationals Bullpen ERA of 6.23 is the WORST BULLPEN ERA FOR A TEAM IN THE MLB SINCE THE 1953 DETROIT TIGERS. No MLB Bullpen has been this historically bad since the US President was DWIGHT EISENHOWER, BEFORE VIETNAM!

And the craziest thing is, even with that, we're still 37-39 and have a good shot at a Wild Card spot. Because the rest of our team unlike our bullpen WANTS TO ACTUALLY WIN GAMES! EVERYBODY IN OUR BULLPEN (Except Javy Guerra, Wander Suero, and Sean Doolittle, who are actually decent) SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!

Rant over.

I've been a Red Sox fan for my whole life and I know we've had our glory in the last decade or so but this year hasn't been so great.  Luckily we were able to get the win percentage over .500 but with the team they have, they should be 1st or 2nd in the league.  It's a tad bit embarrassing, but luckily it seems to be improving.

Also recently been following the Padres and I was hella hyped for this season with Tatis Jr and Machado on the team.  Sadly, I don't think it's gonna be even a Wild Card season, but the future for them is looking fantastic.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, Yelich said:

Okay, I as a Nationals fan have many problems with how they've been playing, ESPECIALLY their bullpen.

This aged pretty well. I'd just like to say a little tidbit about what I think about this world series.

Man what a fucking travesty. You have the Astros, a team that is one of if not the most stacked teams in the MLB, a team that dominated the AL for the entire year, up against the Nationals, a team that just managed a wildcard spot, and like Yelich said, was pretty on and off throughout the whole year. Now on paper, this literally should be a 4-0 sweep in favor of the Astros, and that's what I thought going into the series. But sure enough, the Astros take the L in the first game, and then get absolutely shat on in the second. Now don't get me wrong, if I made a list ranking all 30 teams (which I've done), the Nationals are top 5 and the Astros are barely making it past 20. But it's not about my favoritism, it's about what should have happened.

A one run loss in the first game is acceptable, Scherzer is lights out, and Cole didn't do too bad either. But game 2 was just abysmal. Sure, Strasburg is a great pitcher and all, but the Astros' have an elite offense that should produce 5+ runs a game no matter what. And in this case, the 3 runs that were produced were from home runs. HOME RUNS. They couldn't even score the runs by themselves, they needed strokes of luck to do it for them. And as for Verlander. Get the fuck out of here, what an embarrassing game. This guy is pictured as the most elite pitcher in the AL, and yet he's getting roasted by a wild card team. It's really just so sad.

And then the Astros got their shit together, going on a three game winning streak like they should've done from the beginning and making the series 3-2. But here comes the worst part. They blew the lead. All they needed was one win in two games. And with an assload of momentum for 3 STRAIGHT WINS, that should've been easy. But no, the once so dominant Astros got raped, violated, by the Nationals. 7-2 and then 6-2. They shouldn't be allowed to show their faces next year it's that bad. Verlander got clowned again, and the offense couldn't do shit if they wanted to. But congrats to the Nationals, they really shocked the world despite how the Astros were playing.

As Yelich said, rant over, and best of luck next year to whatever team you guys like. Go Red Sox/Padres

Edited by Mikey

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

This aged pretty well. I'd just like to say a little tidbit about what I think about this world series.

Man what a fucking travesty. You have the Astros, a team that is one of if not the most stacked teams in the MLB, a team that dominated the AL for the entire year, up against the Nationals, a team that just managed a wildcard spot, and like Yelich said, was pretty on and off throughout the whole year. Now on paper, this literally should be a 4-0 sweep in favor of the Astros, and that's what I thought going into the series. But sure enough, the Astros take the L in the first game, and then get absolutely shat on in the second. Now don't get me wrong, if I made a list ranking all 30 teams (which I've done), the Nationals are top 5 and the Astros are barely making it past 20. But it's not about my favoritism, it's about what should have happened.

A one run loss in the first game is acceptable, Scherzer is lights out, and Cole didn't do too bad either. But game 2 was just abysmal. Sure, Strasburg is a great pitcher and all, but the Astros' have an elite offense that should produce 5+ runs a game no matter what. And in this case, the 3 runs that were produced were from home runs. HOME RUNS. They couldn't even score the runs by themselves, they needed strokes of luck to do it for them. And as for Verlander. Get the fuck out of here, what an embarrassing game. This guy is pictured as the most elite pitcher in the AL, and yet he's getting roasted by a wild card team. It's really just so sad.

And then the Astros got their shit together, going on a three game winning streak like they should've done from the beginning and making the series 3-2. But here comes the worst part. They blew the lead. All they needed was one win in two games. And with an assload of momentum for 3 STRAIGHT WINS, that should've been easy. But no, the once so dominant Astros got raped, violated, by the Nationals. 7-2 and then 6-2. They shouldn't be allowed to show their faces next year it's that bad. Verlander got clowned again, and the offense couldn't do shit if they wanted to. But congrats to the Nationals, they really shocked the world despite how the Astros were playing.

As Yelich said, rant over, and best of luck next year to whatever team you guys like. Go Red Sox/Padres

The Astros were also cheating AND STILL couldn't win the World Series too.