Latest News
  • Discuss the latest wrestling events!
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Flynn

Monday Night RAW 25th Anniversary Discussion

According to PWInsider.com, Edge will be outside of the United States next week and won't be available for the RAW 25th anniversary special. Mick Foley is also not expected to at the show as he won't be in the New York area. 

However, Christian is expected to be part of the event. 

Here is the updated list of names expected to be on RAW 25: 

Christian 
Chris Jericho 
Trish Stratus 
Jacqueline 
Michelle McCool 
Torrie Wilson 
Kelly Kelly 
Terri Runnels 
Maria Kanellis 
Eric Bischoff 
Gene Okerlund 
Sgt. Slaughter 
The Godfather 
The Boogeyman 
Brother Love 
Teddy Long 
John Laurinaitis 
Ted DiBiase 
X-Pac 
Steve Austin 
Ric Flair 
The Dudleys 
The APA 
Scott Hall 
New Age Outlaws 
The Bella Twins 
The Undertaker 
Shawn Michaels 
Triple H 
Kevin Nash 
John Cena 
Brock Lesnar 
Jim Ross 
Jerry Lawler 
Roman Reigns 
Seth Rollins 
Asuka 
Braun Strowman 
Alexa Bliss 
Sheamus 
Cesaro 
Kane 
Kurt Angle

NoDQ

There will be once less Legend in either Barclays or The Manhattan Center next Monday for Raw 25. Hall of Famer Kevin Nash has pulled out of the event, pointing out that modern airplanes just aren’t built for 6’ 10” 58 year old former wrestlers with a history of leg problems:

Nash Tweeted the following: 

"Was so looking forward to being a part of RAW 25. It's nearly impossible to travel on our down sized airlines healthy. With a total knee replacement it would be self inflicted torture. See ya everyone at Mania"

Fortunately, there will be plenty of other Kliq members around to ‘Too Sweet’ each other. Here’s an updated list of advertised Legends:

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Undertaker

D-Generation X

Jim Ross

Jerry Lawler

Dudley Boyz

Ric Flair

Scott Hall

Eric Bischoff

New Age Outlaws

Chris Jericho

JBL

Ron Simmons

The Godfather

Brother Love

The Boogeyman

Teddy Long

The Million Dollar Man

John Laurinaitis

Sgt. Slaughter

The Bella Twins

Jacqueline

Terri Runnels

Torrie Wilson

Maria Kanellis

Michelle McCool

Kelly Kelly

Source: Cagesideseats.com

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Mick Foley will reportedly not be attending the Raw 25th celebration because he does not think it makes storyline sense for him to be attending considering the way he was fired from WWE TV by Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. Foley stated in a recent interview that he was invited to the event. Foley reportedly does not want to show up for a celebration with so little time having passed since his firing. He would like to sell the firing for at least a full year before he’s brought back to WWE TV.

Would have loved to see Foley but I guess he is correct, wouldn't have made sense for him to return 

1 hour ago, BrendenPlayz said:

Rock isn't confirmed but come on surely he shows up for this. He wouldn't miss this..

Wouldn't they have announced Rock? Seems like the best way to get viewers on TV. He seems to be quite busy with movies, so maybe he just happened to be busy on Monday. Hope he will show up tho, and I agree, he should be there.

3 minutes ago, Bart said:

Wouldn't they have announced Rock? Seems like the best way to get viewers on TV. He seems to be quite busy with movies, so maybe he just happened to be busy on Monday. Hope he will show up tho, and I agree, he should be there.

They need some kind of surprise. I think Rock likes the surprise element. They have Austin, Taker, Michaels and so many other legends that can draw the initial audience. Would be a massive surprise if The Rock came out and would be a great pop and moment. I think he would prefer that, fingers crossed.

Just now, BrendenPlayz said:

They need some kind of surprise. I think Rock likes the surprise element. They have Austin, Taker, Michaels and so many other legends that can draw the initial audience. Would be a massive surprise if The Rock came out and would be a great pop and moment. I think he would prefer that, fingers crossed.

As you said on your podcast Hogan could be that surprise, I think Rock showing up would be awesome and would probably be the biggest pop of the night. But you gotta think, how are they going to fit a Rock promo into this show? He is 90% staring and looking away from the mic in his promos

Just now, Kyle Reeves said:

As you said on your podcast Hogan could be that surprise, I think Rock showing up would be awesome and would probably be the biggest pop of the night. But you gotta think, how are they going to fit a Rock promo into this show? He is 90% staring and looking away from the mic in his promos

Hogan seems very unlikely to me. He of course wants to, but the sponsors don't seem to have changed their mind about him, and if they had, wouldn't it have been leaked. But he would be big a huge suprise for sure, and should absolutely be there to get a good idea of RAWs history, as he was the vocal point for a lot of years of it.

46 minutes ago, Kyle Reeves said:

90%? lol... Give me a break kid. The Rock can do anything. He can work with The Miz, he can work with the authority, work with top guys or work with other legends. Any interaction is good. 

2 hours ago, Slim said:

411mania.com

L for The Revival

Oh no. This would be shit. Some 50 year olds men beating you up won't do you any favors. I know that it might be a bit bold to say but look where the Ascencion are at now. I hope that WWE have learned from this and that the Revival will come out of the segment looking strong, but I highly doubt it.