Latest News
  • Discuss the latest wrestling events!
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

WWE considering Daniel Bryan heel turn to hurt value

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (via Cageside Seats), WWE may be considering a heel turn for Daniel Bryan as part of his ongoing feud with Shane McMahon. The report also speculated that it may be an attempt to hurt Bryan’s value if he leaves later this year.

Bryan has constantly been at odds with WWE over his desire to return to the ring. He claims that he’s been cleared by multiple doctors but not WWE’s doctor. Bryan also said that if he doesn’t wrestle by Wrestlemania, then he won’t wrestle with WWE at all.

411mania.com

Even if they do try to hurt his value, what are they really going to do in the long run? Every indie fed knows what Bryan is actually capable of and the work he does as a wrestler. The only thing this could maybe do is turn off some new Bryan fans from looking at his indie work, but even then I’m sure Bryan would do fine wherever he would decide to go.

What do they fucking mean by hurting value? Daniel Bryan is a built in valued wrestler and doesn't need to be cleared by the doctors to wrestle. It's his life, he can do what he wants. Let the fucking man wrestle if he wants, what if he'd wanted to do suicide instead of wrestling, would they stop him, if they'd weren't around. So before Daniel does anything stupid like Chris Beniot did, I suggest you fucking clear him now and stop this drama. 

I really doubt this is true, this is like saying Bryan isn't cleared because it would hurt Reigns, just a bit too conspiracy like. I don't see why they would do this and I also don't get how this would hurt his value, so because he turns heel on WWE people won't care for him on ROH, even though Heels gets cheered all the time? Imo this is just one of those moments were fans start overthinking.

WWE wouldn't stoop that low, would they? I don't think Bryan turning heel will do any such effect on if he leaves the company, we aren't living in an era anymore when being a heel means you're automatically dislike by the fans. When Bryan leaves WWE and if the time comes that he is announced to wrestle again him being a "heel" won't matter because fans will be excited to see Bryan wrestle again.

This is 100% not true. In today’s WWE, heels are liked more by the fans and they would still chant yes at him, and whatever he does after WWE will still sell tickets because of how popular he’s been over the past 5 years. Like if they tried this with John Cena, WWE would find it hard to hurt the value of Daniel Bryan because of how popular they are and the fans won’t change their mind right now.

Turing him heel won't work. Think of Stone Cold, Rock, hell, even current heels like Randy Orton, they all still get cheered because they are just too popular. You can't hurt his wrestling skills, his in-ring skills, his mic skills, all they can do his either let him wrestle, or let him go. Cause the matter is not will Daniel Bryan wrestle, its will he wrestle for WWE. 

How would WWE hurt his vaule by turning him heel? Fans would still chant YES!, he'd still be the most over guy in the ring at the time (unless he's in the ring with AJ Styles), he'd still do a lot of the stuff he's doing now, only not as a face. Besides, when or if he leaves WWE, his already established value to wrestling itself will be the reason Ring Of Honor or New Japan Pro Wrestling blow up his phone just to get him to sign a contract for him to compete there. I don't believe a heel turn will hurt him at all.