Latest News
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Rey Mysterio Deal Falls Through

- Regarding Rey Mysterio and Impact Wrestling, PWInsider.com was told that a deal was close enough to being reached that travel arrangements had been made. However, the agreement fell through and Mysterio is not expected to be appear at any of the TV tapings over the next several days. 

NoDQ.com

Shame for Impact, but I don't really care for Impact. To me, it only makes the possibilty of a WWE run bigger, even though he will probably go work in Mexico or some other US promotions. 

But now back to Impact, this is a big missed oppurtunity if it ends up with him not joining the company. I am sure the guy could sell some tickets and looking at the current Impact roster that is what they need, they have fallen behind to the likes of ROH so they need something to rebound. Getting Aries helps, but this could have been another move in a positive direction.

This is the chance! I mean, Rey will probably go back to Mexico as Bart stated but it would be awesome if he went to WWE and this is a great way to do that. Maybe we see a Rumble return? Anyways about Impact, sucks for them that they lost Rey who could of boosted the show a lot. But, they still got Aries. Which is a big signing itself

This is a huge missed opportunity for Impact who need stars if they want people to start watching their shows more. I’m not sure how I feel about a Mysterio return to WWE since they didn’t know how to use him in his last run in the company, but now with 205 Live he might bring something that the show needs and make it more watchable than it is.

To be honest, I think that Impact is gonna give up soon. They seem to just be losing big talent after big talent, and if they continue to fail to manage to get big starts such as Rey then they ultimately will fail to connect to the audience due to a lack of star power. Anyway onto Rey himself though. I really, really hope he comes back to the WWE. He is one of my alltime favourite wrestlers and if he were to be a surprise entrant in the rumble then that would be great.