WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

According to PWInsider.com, WWE and Cody Rhodes have had talks within the past few days, and the discussions have reportedly been about Rhodes signing a deal similar to that of a WWE Legends contract. If this were to happen, WWE could continue to sell Cody Rhodes merchandise and use his likeness for other projects.

The deal would not include Rhodes returning to the company in any capacity, and it’s possible WWE was planning to release Stardust merchandise prior to Rhodes leaving the company, so they would need Rhodes to sign a new deal so they could legally proceed with the merchandise plans.

As noted, Rhodes has several matches booked with top indy stars this summer, and him signing a deal with WWE would not impede on those plans.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/721909-wwe-and-cody-rhodes-reportedly-have-had-talks-in-the-past-few-days-what-have-the-two-sides-been-discussing#g7Wgpf7VpYSmLzPV.99

– According to the WON, WWE has yet to officially offer Tommy End, Big Damo and Moose contracts at this point. The site notes that while they are strongly rumored to be recruits for the latest WWE Performance Center class, they have yet to be offered deals. Moose’s ROH deal expired last week and he is still finishing up commitments to the company.

It is believed that the three will undergo medical testing in the near future, which will be part of the process toward offering them deals.

Source: 411Mania

I don't think he will sign. WWE didn't exactly treat him as well as he should be treated. But i think he should consider it. He'd get easy cash without even having to work for them, and he'd also get publicity from that. And i think the deal could smooth their relationship for future cooperation between the two.

Yea, I think he needs to tell them to go royally fuck themselves. Basically what I'm seeing, they still don't want him as the Cody Rhodes character, they simply want to use him to sell merchandise and make money. Despicable.

Kurt Angle issued the following statement regarding rumors of him returning to WWE on his official Facebook page: 

In response to some of your questions today regarding the WWE, and all of the media fanfare about it the last few days, I want to, once again, say that our confidential conversation never discussed the brand split. A few wrestling sites seem to have put a spin on this by twisting some words around to fit their agenda, something that I have no control over. What I CAN control is my own life, and my life isn't only wrestling. I do not expect to be in wrestling much longer. I AM excited about my future. Thank you.

NoDQ

:crying2 

Update

A writer for Forbes claimed in a recent article that WWE is interested in bringing back Goldberg, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy (who is under contract to TNA), John Morrison, Cryme Tyme (JTG and Shad Gaspard) and Shelton Benjamin, among other former Superstars. JTG is denying that he has been contacted by WWE. 

Chris Featherstone of Pancakes & Powerslam, a podcast JTG appears on, issued the following statement. 

I actually communicate with JTG relatively frequently, and had to reach out to see if these rumors are true as far as contacting him. 

He responded, “Nobody called me lol.”

NoDQ

Back in May, Cody Rhodes requested and was granted his release from WWE after nearly a decade of being a WWE superstar.

Essentially, Cody was unhappy with his role in the company and didn’t want to continue to waste his time being stuck in the midcard, which is completely understandable of doing very well for roughly ten years.

More importantly, it was reported that WWE officials didn’t leave things very well for Cody Rhodes after he left the company and there were some hurt feelings on both sides.

However, there is a new report claiming that WWE and Rhodes have been talking over the past few days about something unique.

According to DailyWrestlingNews.com, the two parties are discussing a new deal that would be very similar to WWE’s Legends deals. WWE would be allowed to sell merchandise with Cody’s blessing.

Despite the speculation, there is apparently nothing about Cody Rhodes returning to the ring for WWE in this deal, but that door will be open if he’s working with the company again.

Rhodes has been doing very well on the independent scene and is a hot commodity. He’ll be facing opponents like Kurt Angle, Mike Bennett, and more. We’ll just have to see how things develop with Rhodes and WWE.

so its basically a legends deal that doesn't make it so that he has to be with the company at all times, its just so that they can sell merch? Well i guess thats a smart business strategy by WWE and it allows cody to do his own thing in the indies, smart move by WWE i guess. 

Former WWE and TNA star Kurt Angle issued the following statement via his official Facebook page late Friday night. Angle appears to be responding to a report by Dave Meltzer that stated he would not be returning to the company (WWE officials reportedly confirmed on Thursday) after a recent radio appearance in Pittsburgh.

We reported on Angle’s comments earlier this week during Mark Madden’s radio show in Pittsburgh where he stated he had a “good conversation” six weeks ago about a possible return to WWE with COO Paul “Triple H” Levesque.

Angle, 47, opted to not re-sign with TNA and had his final series of matches with the company back in March airing on Pop TV. He has remained active on the independent wrestling scene working select dates.

Thanks to wrestleview.com for the news