WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

According to WWE. Alexa Bliss suffered a shoulder injury at last night’s WWE Backlash PPV…

Alexa Bliss suffered an injury to her left shoulder during her Raw Championship Match against Nia Jax at WWE Backlash. Bliss is currently awaiting further medical evaluation. Stay with WWE.com for any updates on Bliss’ condition.

Dave Meltzer confirmed onWrestling Observer Radio that the injury is real and not an angle.

According to Pwinsider.com, Charlotte Flair will be undergoing surgery to repair a ruptured implant. The site states that one source believes Flair will undergo the surgery following the WWE European tour that kicks off this week. The ACE Comic Con announced earlier today Flair would be missing their Seattle event due to the needed surgery and that Carmella will replace her.

WWE.com has a new article up revealing that Shane McMahon underwent successful hernia surgery this past Friday.

You can find an excerpt from their report below, the full report can be found HERE:

Smackdown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon underwent a successful hernia surgery last Friday in New York, N.Y.

McMahon is currently resting at home, but he’s feeling well and is excited to get back to work on Smackdown LIVE.

WrestleZone.com 

WWE.com has a new report up noting that Randy Orton has undergone successful knee surgery.

You can find an excerpt from their report below, the full report can be found HERE: 

Randy Orton has undergone successful surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his left knee, WWE.com can confirm.

“I’ve known I needed the surgery since late last year, but I’ve been waiting for the right time to get my knee cleaned out,” Orton told WWE.com. “Right now was the right time.” 

The Viper is currently recovering at home with his family, but says he is “staying motivated to come back and dominate the blue brand.”

WrestleZone.com 

As noted before, WWE Superstar Randy Orton underwent successful knee surgery recently to repair a tear in the medial meniscus in his left knee. Commenting on the surgery, Orton told WWE.com that he knew he needed surgery since last year, but he was waiting for the right time to go through it.

Randy Orton is expected to be out of action for two months according to F4WOnline.com, meaning that he would be good enough to return to the ring just in time for WWE SummerSlam.

Orton was not present in WWE’s European tour and has not been seen in action since he last faced Jeff Hardy at WWE Backlash on 6 May.

WrestleZone.com 

Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan were both interviewed by Chris Van Vliet in Hollywood, FL before they made an appearance with Eric Bischoff and Hogan gave an update on his status with WWE:

HH: Yeah, I’m ready. You know, things are moving in that direction quite quickly so it’s all about execution, timing and right place and right time, but things are good.

The two also talk about never wrestling each other at WrestleMania, if they could still go in the ring and the potential of Charlotte vs. Ronda Rousey:

WrestleZone.com 

PWInsider reports that Dean Ambrose has been spotted at the WWE Performance Center rehabilitating his surgically-repaired triceps tear. It’s unknown if he was simply doing physical therapy or if he was in the ring. It has been six months since his surgery, and the recovery process is expected to be nine months. Going by that timeline, Ambrose should be set to return after Summerslam.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Sami Zayn had been working with an undisclosed injury as of late and will be taking some time off to address it. This is why Zayn lost in such a decisive fashion to Bobby Lashley at Money in the Bank. Kevin Owens noted on RAW that Zayn probably won't been seen again for awhile. 

Rey Mysterio is reportedly in discussions with WWE about a three-year deal to return to the company.

According to Lucha Central, Mysterio spoke about his status with the company during the ‘Rey Mysterio Day’ celebration in San Diego today. As of now, no deal between the two sides has been reached. If he did sign it’s still unclear when Mysterio would start working for WWE again. He did appear at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia last month, but still has dates coming up including All In on September 1st. It was also speculated that he will appear at New Japan Pro Wrestling’s G1 Special In San Francisco on July 7th and AAA’s Triplemania XXVI on August 25th.

WrestleZone.com

Sami Zayn is reportedly taking some time off to recover from some nagging injuries he’s been working through.

Pro Wrestling Sheet confirmed a previous report by PWInsider.com regarding Zayn’s status, saying he has been dealing with some knee and shoulder injuries. It’s unknown how bad the injuries are, so he’s taking time off to travel to Birmingham, Alabama to get checked out.

It was speculated that this was a possible reason for Zayn’s Money In The Bank match being so lopsided, and now that his feud with bobby Lashley is done he can go get checked out. PWInsider’s report noted Zayn was not backstage at RAW last night.

WrestleZone.com

I think we should just stop all the Mysterio news. He's been linked time and time again and he either doesn't show up or is only working a one off. It's late in his career anyway and since we last saw him at NJPW Dominion, i think he'd want to check the scenes over there more than having one more run. And 3 years? The lad is 43, idk if he or WWE would want to commit to such a long term deal in this stage in what would I'm guessing be a part time job.

Sami Zayn is scheduled to miss eight months of ring time due to having rotator cuff surgery this week.

Sami recently spoke with WWE.com and confirmed he will miss the rest of this year due to having two torn rotator cuffs. He explained when the injury could have occurred and more, including the news that he will have a second surgery for the other shoulder in a few weeks. You can read some highlights below:

Sami comments on how he’s doing right now, when he knew he was injured. 

Well, right now I’m in Birmingham, Ala. I just underwent surgery for my right shoulder, a.k.a. my good shoulder. So, I’m out for a little while with that. I guess people don’t know about this injury; I’ve been working with it for some time. I don’t know exactly when I tore it. I think I tore it, or initially injured it, on a Montreal Live Event. Which is ironic because I injured my left shoulder — now somewhat famously — in Montreal in my [Raw] debut against John Cena. And at a Live Event this past August wrestling Jinder Mahal, I think I injured it then.

But then my left shoulder, a.k.a my bad shoulder, started to act up again as well. That shoulder hasn’t quite been the same since surgery anyway, so I had just kind of gotten used to the fact that that shoulder was the bad one. But it started to get progressively worse, so basically, long story short, it turns out I have two torn rotator cuffs. The left one and the right one are both torn. I just underwent surgery on the right one, and then in about six or seven weeks, I’ll be undergoing surgery on the left one, and hopefully I can come back healthy and happy.

When did he know he would require surgery? 

As I said when I hurt the right one, I kind of waited on that. I tore my left rotator cuff back in 2009 in a match with Kevin [Owens], and I knew immediately I was hurt. But with these two tears, I remembered a trauma with the right one, but it wasn’t as severe with what I remembered from a rotator cuff tear. It was sort of a nagging thing that bothered me for a few weeks, and I waited for it to get better, and then it didn’t get better. Funny enough, when we were doing tests on my shoulders to see if everything was okay with my right one, my left one turned out to be even worse. And as I had said, that was my “bad” shoulder. So then, the doctor ordered an MRI on my bad shoulder, and that’s when we found out it was torn — the left one, that is.

That one, I honestly don’t know how long it was torn. It never felt the same from when I first came back three years ago. There’s a chance I re-tore it in rehab or it just progressively got worse; I honestly couldn’t tell you. So, I’ve been working with a bad left shoulder for a couple of years now.

Sami comments on facing a physical opponent like Bobby Lashley, if he was worried about aggravating the injury further:

I mean, I would love to be able to blame Bobby Lashley for all my woes, but these injuries go back long before I mixed it up with him — even though lately, I’ve been blaming Bobby Lashley for everything. But this one isn’t on him by any means. I was apprehensive [at WWE Money in the Bank], but it was still manageable. It’s just so weird how you get so used to what we do: I could go in there and wrestle main events on Live Events for 25-30 minutes, but I couldn’t really get the sheets off me in bed. It’s weird how that works. Your body just adapts. And I guess my body’s used to being in the ring and that kind of punishment. It hasn’t been fun, and certainly these next eight months aren’t going to be fun. But hopefully like I said, I can come back healthier than I’ve been in a few years.

Does he think he will be able to continue to appear on WWE TV while he heals up? 

That’s really not a decision that’s up to me. Because of the timeline, I’d love to be in the mix for WrestleMania season; that’s the most exciting time of the year for all of us. I think timeline wise, I should be ready in time for WrestleMania, so fingers crossed.

There’s never a good time to get hurt or get surgeries, but I do feel like I was starting to hit my stride and find my voice and find myself as a performer. Which is funny, because 16 years in, it’s like I’m rediscovering the art of it in a sense, because I’m doing something I’ve never really done before. So, how I come back, when I come back, that all remains to be seen. But I have a pretty good track record, I’d say overall, and I plan on carrying that forward when I come back. I want to come back just as good, if not better, than I’ve ever been.

WrestleZone.com