BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

Rollins took questions from Nolan, a young fan, and signed his championship belt, as well. Nolan wanted a status update on Roman Reigns, who is battling leukemia. Rollins obliged, “Roman’s doing great. Obviously, he spent the holiday home with his family and he’s doing really good. He’s in a good position. He’s primed to make a comeback, hopefully sometime sooner, rather than later, but at the end of the day he’s just focused on getting health right now. I will say he’s doing good, good spirits."

WrestleZone.com

One-half of the Authors of Pain, Akam, is said to be dealing with a leg injury that will keep him on the shelf for a couple of months. The 25-year-old hasn’t wrestled since a house show on January 6th.

“Akam of the Authors of Pain is hurt,” Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio. “I don’t know the nature of the injury but it’s a leg injury, he’s going to be out for a couple of months, I understand.”
Image result for wwe akam

Well that takes one of WWE's only legitimate teams on RAW out of the picture further crippling the division. Something needs to happen because AOP are injured and The Revival want out leaving teams such as B-Team and Lucha House Party as viable challengers. It's going to be a tough couple of months for the RAW Tag-Team divison

Just realised that they were on raw and were supposed to be this big thing  when they came from NXT. They have been used very poorly, maybe the injury will turn out to be a blessing when they can get a big return angle. I still think they should be used in a stable, I see the most use from there. 

This injury could be a blessing in disguise for the AOP. Now you probably won't see Rezar on Raw, but hopefully they keep giving him some matches just so he is not sitting around doing nothing. Once Akam returns though they could just redebut them and not have them associated with Drake Maverick anymore. The process of rebuilding will be a long one but it can be done. Just look at the Revival.

lfdllczpqnc21.jpg

I saw this floating around this morning and the possibility seems crazy to me after what happened to Tyson Kidd. Just recently it was talked about how severe the injury was to his quality of life, mentioning that Tyson was at high risk for becoming a quadriplegic and even death but in the same breath this is a possibility. There is a part of me that would love to see Kidd wrestle in the current 205 climate and even reunite with Sheamus/Cesaro but it just seems highly unlikely.

6 hours ago, Arius said:

I saw this floating around this morning and the possibility seems crazy to me after what happened to Tyson Kidd. Just recently it was talked about how severe the injury was to his quality of life, mentioning that Tyson was at high risk for becoming a quadriplegic and even death but in the same breath this is a possibility. There is a part of me that would love to see Kidd wrestle in the current 205 climate and even reunite with Sheamus/Cesaro but it just seems highly unlikely.

If Tyson somehow comes back from this and returns to wrestling it would be a very good feel moment. Even better if he would win the Cruiserweight Championship. That said I hope Tyson puts his health and happyness at first.

Ember Moon will be out of action for the foreseeable future after suffering an elbow injury that requires immediate surgery.

“Sadly, I messed up my elbow really bad and now I have to have immediate surgery,” Moon told WWE.com in a backstage interview. “It’s hard to be here right now and see everyone compete knowing I’m on the shelf. And I don’t know how long, but it is awhile.” 

As you’ll recall, Moon lasted in the women’s Royal Rumble on Sunday for over 50 minutes. 
She was replaced on Raw last night in tag match by Dana Brooke, who teamed with Natalya to face-off against The Riott Squad.

Devastating news for Moon especially because Wrestlemania is just around the corner. She is one of the most underutilised talents on RAW and hopefully while she is out healing up the Creative team can find some sort of direction for her. It would be a shame to continue seeing her loitering around the Lower-Midcard of the Women's Division with pointless feuds against The Riott Squad or Alicia Fox 

We have a few updates regarding several WWE performers that were not on this weekend’s live events.
Seth Rollins is the most notable and he is said to be dealing with an issue that predated the angle with Brock Lesnar last Monday. He is off live events for the time being and not expected to be used on Raw this Monday to recover. We were told that he will only be doing promos with no physicality for the next month on television.

Sasha Banks was not cleared after her match with Ronda Rousey last Sunday at the Royal Rumble, but she is expected to be cleared for Monday’s Raw and her tag match with Bayley against Nikki Cross and Alicia Fox.

NXT Champion Tomasso Ciampa Carrying Injury

WWE NXT Champion Tomasso Ciampa has a neck injury that has forced him out of action, resulting in a rewrite of this past Monday’s episode of Raw, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Originally, Ciampa and Johnny Gargano were slated to compete in a four-way tag match that would have also featured Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins as well as Aleister Black & Ricochet and another team PWInsider.com has not confirmed.  Raw Tag Team Champions the Revival were slated to be ringside for the match but once it was confirmed Ciampa would not be cleared to wrestle, it was changed to the Revival vs. Black and Ricochet.   Ciampa and Gargano instead appeared in a non-wrestling roles on the show.

Ciampa is not on the road this weekend. 

We are told the neck issue has been a lingering thing for at least 4-5 weeks, possibly longer.  Depending on if and when Ciampa is cleared to return, WWE will have to be creative regarding the NXT Championship and the 2019 Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic, which Ciampa is competing in.  We are told all options are on the table, depending on what the final determination is regarding his injury, but as of Monday he was not cleared to wrestle medically.

Neck injuries are always a concern in any sport and I hope that this is just a niggling injury and nothing too serious for Ciampa. He has been on fire since his return from the knee injury, and another injury would be a crushing blow. Wish him all the best in his recovery and hopefully he is back on TV soon 

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa will undergo neck surgery tomorrow, WWE.com has confirmed.

Following a medical evaluation today, Ciampa has been scheduled for an anterior cervical fusion.

Stick with WWE.com for more details as they become available.

Dave Meltzer said last night on Wrestling Observer Radio that Ciampa isn’t going to be able to wrestle “for a long, long time.” While the exact amount of time isn’t know yet, Meltzer speculated that Ciampa could be out anywhere from six to 14 months.

Ciampa will have to vacate the NXT Championship and plans for a match against Johnny Gargano at TakeOver: New York are off. Meltzer speculated that the situation must have gotten so bad that it was decided they have to do the surgery as soon as possible.

The 33-year-old Ciampa has held the NXT Championship since July, and his reign as NXT Champion is the fourth-longest of all time and the longest since Finn Balor from 2015-2016. It’s quite likely that he will relinquish the NXT Championship at next Wednesday’s NXT television tapings, which is the final set before TakeOver: New York.

Ciampa joined WWE’s main roster last month and teamed with Johnny Gargano on Raw on February 18 and SmackDown LIVE on February 19. Ciampa then wrestled at NXT’s TV tapings the next night and hasn’t had a match since then.

Keith Lee out of action due to injury

Keith Lee is currently dealing with an undisclosed injury that has unfortunately kept him out of the ring recently, as first reported by Dave Meltzer on Friday afternoon. Lee wrestled his last match on 3/7 defeating Luke Menzies at an NXT Live event in Largo, Florida.

Earlier this month he was part of a tremendous angle with Dominik Dijakovic that saw the two fight to a No Contest, reigniting one of the hottest independent wrestling feuds over the past several years. They were originally advertised for a rematch on the 3/20 episode of NXT, but the match never took place at the most recent set of television tapings, painting a timeline for when the injury likely took place.
Keith-Lee.jpg

Horrible timing for Lee as someone who was gaining momentum on NXT TV. But with the landscape changing with Ciampa out and some of the top talent looking to move permanently to the main roster when he returns he could have a nice spot at the top of the card, hopefully the injury is only minor.

AJ Styles suffers injury at Wrestlemania 35

AJ Styles appears to have suffered an injury in his victory over Randy Orton at WrestleMania 35 on Sunday.

PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson reported Monday that Styles was scheduled to participate in a fan event, only to be pulled by WWE. The company told the assembled crowd that Styles was injured, but the nature of the injury remains unclear though supposedly could be a hip issue.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer also reported Styles is no longer scheduled to appear on Tuesday's edition of SmackDown Live.

AJ Styles

Big E injured; suffers torn meniscus

New Day will be down one member for awhile, as Big E says he’s dealing with a meniscus injury.
Big E made the announcement via Twitter in the form a haiku:

"Making mincemeat of my meniscus
Crossbody cooked the cartilage
Bye for a bit"
Sources tell us Big E is getting his knee scoped and could be out out of action for around 6 weeks. It’s unclear if he’ll be used on TV at all while recovering.
oOLLRTGr?format=jpg&name=600x314 

The injury bug has hit Smackdown hard after Wrestlemania. Styles, Bryan, Mysterio. It'll be interesting if this means he simply won't be wrestling, or if he'll be off TV entirely. If it's the latter i wonder how that will impact the current Kof Kingston/New Day championship run.

Nia Jax tears ACL in both Knees 

Looks like wrestling fans won’t have Nia Jax to complain about for a while.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports the former Raw Women’s champion will require surgery to both her knees, as she’s torn the ACL in both. Jax seemed to confirm the news with the tweet a short time ago:

✔@NiaJaxWWE

I’ll be gone for a while. Here’s something to remember me by

No word from WWE, or any news on a timeline for her return. 6 - 9 months is a standard rehabilitation schedule for ACL repair; Seth Rollins was out for five months in 2015 - 16.

Nia’s always controversial, but we’re still wishing the best for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. We’ll keep you up to date with new about the injury and treatment.