BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

Last night’s Money In The Bank 2019 PPV was a crazy show as so many things happened that left the fans buzzing.

However, there were some injuries at the PPV too.

According to the Wrestling Observer, Rey Mysterio injured his shoulder during his match with Samoa Joe (where he controversially became the new United States Champion). Mysterio was icing his shoulder backstage after the match and the trainers were checking on him too. Word going on is that Mysterio might have separated his shoulder, but that’s not confirmed yet.

Speaking of some other minor injuries, Samoa Joe and Lars Sullivan got busted open during the show. Joe was busted open due to a move by Mysterio and Lars was cut open by Kalisto’s mask after he delivered a headbutt.

During the ending moments of the show, Brock Lesnar pushed a ladder out of his way while running to the ring during his entrance and that ladder fell on a WWE cameraman. The cameraman was down and trainers were checking on him.

Lesnar pushed Ali off the top of a ladder in the ring and Ali landed hard on the ropes, which resulted in him bleeding from the mouth.

WWFOldSchool.com

Well what a night for blood wasn't it. It seemed like nearly every match had someone being busted open as well as a referee botch. The Rey Mysterio injury is very unfortunate at furthers the idea that the United States Championship is cursed. You either get injured, put in matches that last 1-3 minutes or don't show up on TV at all. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery if it is in fact a separated shoulder 

Ruby Riott undergoes shoulder surgery

May 23 (UPI) -- WWE has announced that Raw superstar Ruby Riott underwent successful shoulder surgery.

The surgery was to repair a bilateral injury to the grappler's right shoulder. Riott will be out indefinitely as she is set to receive surgery for the same injury on her left shoulder at a later date.

"One down, one to go!" Riott said on Instagram Wednesday alongside a photo of herself smiling from a hospital bed.

I was wondering where she has been and now we know its because of shoulder injuries. Getting surgeries on two shoulders probably means she is out for a while like Sami Zayn who missed 9 months because of his shoulder injuries. Although getting injured sucks this might be a great time for her to step away and repackage herself so she comes back fresh and not the same character as she was playing this year. Looks like Sarah Logan might be a jobber now for a while unless they actually give her a meaningful push as a singles 

Injurying not one but both of your shoulders the same way is a harsh coincidence. I've been wondering what Ruby Riott had been doing since the draft thinking if they broke up the stable they must of had some grander plan for them as individuals but maybe in the end it was just due to knowing Ruby was going to be recovering for a while so taking the chance when it made the most sense.
With Ronda gone from the way brand this is a great time for a heel like Ruby to gain so momentum so it's a pity. Even a face run feuding with Lacey Evans would be a lot of fun and that could eventually happen.
As Julius said as sad as it is to see her being on the injury list this could be a great opportunity for her to revamp herself and let the crowd be away from her for a little while.

Johnny Gargano dealing with Knee Injury, also doing work as a producer.

The other half of #DIY is also dealing with an injury. In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was announced that NXT Champion Johnny Gargano has been out of action recently due to a knee injury.

While details surrounding the injury are unknown, it may have happened in March. Gargano's last house show worked was on March 8. During recent NXT tapings, it appeared that Gargano was not working the majority of the tag matches he was in.

It is expected that he will be ready for his NXT TakeOver bout against Adam Cole. That will take place on June 1 in Bridgeport, CT. After that, it is unknown what his schedule will look like.

Gargano's injury may explain why he has been working as a producer as of late. He recently talked about not being complacent and working various aspects of the industry.

That makes me almost convinced Adam Cole is winning the NXT Championship as the backstage office could be looking to rest Gargano for a bit more. Honestly I would still want his NXT Title reign to last a bit longer until Ciampa returns but he is probably already more than ready to debut on either Raw or Smackdown Live.

Good to see him working as a producer, he is clearly already thinking ahead for when he retires in 10-15 years time which is great to see.

WWE fans should expect to see the returns of one tag team that is currently assigned to the Monday Night Raw roster.

The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) should be returning to in-ring action soon. Akam was sidelined back in January when he underwent knee surgery. John Pollock reports that he has been cleared to return to wrestling.

The team was pulled from Raw and Rezar has been working some matches for episodes of WWE Main Event in the meantime.

As of this writing, there is no word yet on when the former NXT Tag Team Champions will be brought back to television but they have been set to return for a few weeks. It appears to come down to when the creative team comes up with a new program for them.

It was added in the report that the return of the team has been delayed due to the WWE Wild Card Rule. This new rule presented by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon has tied up TV time with various Raw and SmackDown stars.

wrestlingnews.co

Honestly forgot the RAW Tag division existed, especially with its champs being absent most weeks. I am a big fan of the AOP and I think their first run at it wasn't great so hopefully when they come back they are unstoppable monsters and just tear through the division. It also sets up for a nice heavy hitting clash with the Viking Raiders down the line 

During those months it was really odd seeing Rezar wrestle by himself or as a random ensemble  on Main Event when he would. It was a brief glimpse of what a singles run might look like for him. Happy to see that they are going to be returning to TV soon and i hope it is on Smackdown. With the Viking Raiders on RAW now, as much as i want to see behemoths vs behemoths i think the tag team division on Smackdown could use them much more at the moment.

I wonder if they are going to try for another mouth piece for the team when they return or let them roll on their own? I remember the rumours of were that the travelling schedule was the issue but then Paul Ellering came out clearly saying it wasn't a problem for him. I don't know why they ditched him, he was so good in that role. Drake Maverick seemed like an odd choice from the start and now after the "pee" angle he is focusing his efforts on 205! Live and the 24/7 Championship. Authors of Pain are well worth pushing as long but i imagine a mouthpiece is needed to compensate for them in feuds.

Having watched AOP come up through NXT and eventually hit the main roster honestly they are one of my favourite WWE produced tag teams. They really would bring some more legitimacy into the Tag division of either RAW Or Smackdown but I'm just hoping that they don't repeat what happened the last time when Maverick "got a little spooked" while he was managing them which basically ruined their tag team championship run due to them bringing up that stupid idea the whole time. 

Mickie James Out Of Action With Knee Injury

Mickie James is currently out of action with a knee injury.

We noted before how James appeared to suffer a knee injury at Saturday's WWE live event in Waco, Texas, during a singles loss to Carmella that ended abruptly after James went down. F4Wonline.com now confirms that Mickie was injured during the match.

It's interesting to note that while Mickie was hurt on Saturday night, she was still listed backstage to wrestle at Sunday's live event in College Station, TX. She did not wrestle, and was replaced by Zelina Vega. The injury was listed in WWE's newest internal injury report, but there's no word yet on the severity.

James was checked on by a WWE trainer at ringside on Saturday, but did leave on her own with minor assistance. Stay tuned for updates on her status.

Image result for mickie james injured

Sheamus hasn’t been seen on WWE television since WrestleMania. His Bar tag team partner Cesaro was switched over to Raw and given a new gimmick. However, we haven’t seen anything out of The Celtic Warrior for months.

Rusev commented on Sheamus saying that he’s in great shape which is true, but he still hasn’t made a return to the ring just yet.

Dave Meltzer was asked about Sheamus’ current situation during Wrestling Observer Radio. At this point Sheamus isn’t slated for a return yet which is actually becoming something that we might need to worry about at this point.

Sheamus was able to wrestle with spinal stenosis for far longer than most would be able to. He keeps himself in peak physical condition and trains extremely hard to maintain that shape. However, he might not be around for a bit.

Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Rusev and other friends of Sheamus have consistently denied his retirement rumours ever since they began which is fair game. Stating something like that without waiting to hear from the individual in question in a way is jumping the gun but if it ends up being revealed that he isn't cleared again by WWE, Sheamus has had one hell of a career thus far.
He could retire as future WWE Hall of Famer tomorrow. In the end i do hope if he has enough left in the tank for one last good run, he kills it. Watching his Youtube series, he is in phenomenal shape. The only question is with The Bar done i wonder what he would do as a Smackdown roster member?

WWE Super ShowDown was a huge event in Jeddah Saudi Arabia that included a 50-man battle royal match. This isn’t the best way to get featured, but it was apparently how WWE decided to make a couple returns from injury.

We previously reported that Sin Cara was in the building and he was in the 50-man battle royal match. There was another man who made his return from injury as part of the match inAkam from the Authors Of Pain.

AOP was back together for the first time in months since Akam went out of action. It wasn’t the most featured spot, but Michael Cole did make a very quick reference to how he made a return.

The former NXT and Raw Tag Team Champions are now back in business. Now we will just have to wait and see if they can transition this battle royal appearance into something bigger on Raw as they teased some pretty interesting matches as a part of this match with AOP and the War Raiders coming face-to-face for a brief moment.

Cesaro took the pinfall on Raw this week during a six-man tag team match. After it was all said and done, officials had to lead him off and things might not be good.

Ricochet nailed Cesaro with his signature 630 Splash finisher, but he hit a little low. Instead, The One And Only landed right on Cesaro’s leg.

After the match Cesaro couldn’t put any pressure on his leg at all. The Swiss Superman was then helped off by a couple of referees and he appeared to be in a lot of pain. 

This injury bug just wont leave the WWE Roster alone at the current moment. Hope its nothing serious and its just like a dead leg or just some temporary pain. I have liked Cesaro's repackage as a Singles wrestler and it would suck for him to get injured now. Wish him a speedy recovery. Also hope Ricochet doesn't get any heat backstage for the injury cause that could also halt any momentum he has