BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

Update: Lars Sullivan out out of action for 6-8 months

Per this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE believes that Lars Sullivan faces six to nine months out as a result of the knee injury he suffered during a live event last week. This isn't a formal update - Dave Meltzer has reported only what he has "heard" - but generally, injuries to the knee, particularly those suffered by large athletes, pose a significant risk from which recovery is arduous.
Raw Lars Sullivan

This is probably it for Lars. An injury in addiction to his previous mental issues not to mention some of the comments he posted online a couple of years ago will probably be enough for Vince to deem him a lost cause. Such a shame because I feel he had good potential to be a top Monster Heel for the company.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:51 AM, Bash said:

Lars Sullivan had two matches against the Lucha House Party recently. The first being in Jeddah Saudi Arabia at the WWE Super ShowDown and the second was on RAW. Even though he dominated both matches, it turns out that The Freak didn’t escape without an injury.

We previously reported that Sullivan was set to have a match against Matt Hardy on SmackDown Live this week, but they had to cancel that. He was said to have suffered a slight knee injury. However, it turns out that it might be worse than first thought.

Dave Meltzer noted on F4Wonline that Sullivan’s knee injury is “worse than originally believed” and continued saying: “There are no definitive details until he undergoes an MRI, but it doesn’t look like a small thing and he’ll be back Monday at this point.” 

Hopefully, this isn’t the kind of thing that will keep Sullivan out of action for long. Because WWE doesn’t need to be losing people that they put so much time in to building. We will just have to wait and see if The Freak is able to work on RAW next week or SmackDown which is his actual brand home.

According to this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, contrary reports have been confirmed. Dave Meltzer writes that the injury is more severe than originally believed, and Sullivan looks to be out for the next 6 - 9 months. If this update is accurate, we won’t see Lars again until early 2020.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/6/20/18693143/lars-sullivan-out-until-2020-knee-injury

This isn't a good sign for Lars at all having so long on the shelf. Delayed debut, Past comments halted his push and now they will need to start from square one when he returns.  It's hard to say this is it for Lars within WWE. He would still be under contract after he returns and WWE at the moment are in the mood of not allowing any of their wrestlers to potentially leave. They would be almost forced to use him or let him sit at home. Given his past i have my doubts he would work for AEW or similar companies right away but he has talent as a big man so there would be some interest. 

On the bright side i think this means Lucha House Party technically won their feud against Lars Sullivan?  

Although injury is never good, maybe some time away from the spotlight and away from attention is what Lars needs. Been a rough year for him with the anxiety attack and then the comments he made like 7 years ago which he apologised for but is still being crucified over. Hopefully during this time off WWE can think of a way to bring him back and use him like the monster he is because he has good potential to be a monster heel its just a shame that things he did long ago have halted that 

Nikki Bella, a two-time former WWE Divas champion, confirmed Wednesday that her in-ring career is over due to injury concerns.

In an appearance on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- alongside her twin and fellow former WWE performer Brie Bella -- Nikki, 35, talked about the severity of her issues and how a visit with doctors ahead of a potential conflict raised serious red flags.

"I really wanted to go back and fight for the tag titles," Bella told Fallon. "I've always had my neck issues, and after neck surgery it hasn't been OK. I [felt] like I needed to get that checkup before we went back for the tag titles.

"Then it came back that I herniated the disk above where I had surgery, I have all this inflammation around the metal, and then I have a cyst on my brain," Bella said. "So they were like, 'You're done, no more, you're out.'"

The Bella Twins debuted in the WWE together in 2008, and spent the better part of a decade as two of the most publicly visible stars on the company's roster. Nikki and Brie also featured heavily on the WWE-branded reality shows "Total Divas" and "Total Bellas." Nikki most recently wrestled during a WWE European tour in November 2018, with her final televised match coming against Ronda Rousey in October in the main event of the WWE's all-women's pay-per-view Evolution.

ESPN.com

I think most people recognised the chances of her making a comeback or one last run were slim, but it's sad nonetheless to see someone forced to retire rather than choosing to retire on their own accords. Especially something as horrific as a cyst. At least her final match with Ronda was a great send-off, main eventing the first women's PPV. 
To think if Nikki & Brie were able to have one final run together as active wrestlers they would've probably won the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships and honestly that might've helped the championships a lot more to start it off, despite how popular Sahsa & Bayley are.

She has had troubles with that neck for a while now so stepping away from the ring is probably the best thing for her to do right now. Yes it sucks that she has had to do this, and we will probably never see he work again but it's the best thing for her and her career away from WWE. She gave her all to the company, she was a top female talent for a long time and is a Mainstream draw. Best of luck in the future for Nikki 

Nikki Bella is someone a lot of people have mixed opinions about. She was at first really rubbish in the ring but over the years I feel she improved a lot while managing to be decent on the mic, although that promo she did against her sister "wishing she had died in the womb" is clearly one I don't wanna remember. It sucks that her career has to end like but having that final match against Ronda was a good way to end things.

Best of luck with her future endeavours outside the Wrestling Business.

Injury Update On Rey Mysterio

The word making the rounds at last night's Stomping Ground PPV was that Rey Mysterio is expected back in early July.We are told his return is targeted for the 7/8 Newark, NJ Raw taping, but that is pending medical clearance. The expectation is that Mysterio should return around that time.
Mysterio has been out of action since suffering a separated shoulder last month at Money in the Bank against Samoa Joe, forcing him to relinquish the WWE United States title. Mysterio appeared on last week's WWE event in San Diego, his hometown
- PWInsider

I really hope that we do get Rey Mysterio vs Ricochet in a bit of a passing of the torch feud where the up and comer high-flyer takes on the veteran with Ricochet going over at Summerslam. I think it's time now for WWE to get in all the dream matches Mysterio can possibly have with the Main Roster because I am not too sure how long his body can hold up and how long he can go on a full-time schedule. I'd love to see Rey Challenge for the Universal Title sometime this year, would be a great nostalgic moment because I think most of us want to see Rey wrestling at the top once again 

Combing the money and his desire to pave the way for Dominic to be a WWE superstar in the future, it makes for a strong determination to continue even though it feels WWE are working him as much as they were before he left the company the first time, which isn't going to be good for Mysterio long term. He needs to be moved to a legends contract or at least a part time schedule where he works a story, takes a break ect or less house shows. Something to allow his longevity within the company, while his health is on his side.

The Ricochet ideas are fun to think about. The two of them had a match in 2017 where they recreated a DDT Mysterio did against Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc in 1997 to perfection. Now that they've both had a few years in between their last match and before this injury Mysterio was in a lot better shape i'd love to see what the two of them can create in a story. It's not often you get Face vs Face.

Jinder Mahal Undergoes Knee Surgery
jinder mahal knee injury surgery

Former WWE champ Jinder Mahal underwent surgery this week to repair a knee injury.
Mahal shared the unfortunate news on Friday via Instagram, writing:

On the mend. Ruptured my Patella Tendon in Denver Colorado June 15 in a match against Ali. "Happy to say surgery went well, and my knee was better than expected. This comeback is going to be legendary."

Ali replied saying, “Jinder can’t be hindered. Heal up brudda, we got a rematch waiting.”

Its always good to see that a superstars surgery has been successful. Although I don't like Jinder, it would be good to see him fit again as it is always good to have as many people as possible fit. Hopefully he isn't rushed back into the ring and he can be integrated back into storylines slowly and progressively.