WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

Image result for Edge

According to Edge, he could do a match tomorrow if WWE asked. 

Edge On Feeling Healthy To Wrestle In A WWE Match

Edge got the SummerSlam pre-show popping when he speared Elias. The big deal was Edge has not gotten physical inside a WWE ring since being forced into retirement in 2011 due to neck problems. As for a future inside the ring, Edge addressed those rumors on his podcast E&C Pod of Awesomeness. 

“To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow,” said Edge. “And I might be blown up, but I’d be okay. It’s just from what I know with the WWE medical staff, they won’t allow it.”

It is doubtful WWE will ever allow Edge to wrestle again over concerns for his health and potential lawsuits down the road. Still, Edge hitting the sear in Toronto was one of the top moments from SummerSlam.

Although an Edge return to the ring would be cool, I think he should stay away. Neck injuries are very serious and for him to come back this many years after his retirement would be pointless in my opinion. However, if he does end up returning I hope they put him against a guy like AJ Styles who could have a great match with him plus Styles is very good when it comes to protecting people in the ring, as proven when Ellsworth nearly broke his neck. Although I doubt they’d even tease a Styles Clash with Edge.

Ronda Rousey Suffers Nasty Finger Injury While Filming Fox 9-1-1 Series
Image result for Ronda Rousey Suffers Nasty Finger Injury While Filming Fox 9-1-1 Series

Ronda Rousey suffered a nasty injury on the set of Fox's 9-1-1 series, according to TMZ.

Rousey reportedly broke two of her fingers (middle and ring fingers) while filming scenes in Mexico last week. The incident happened when Rousey was supposed to slam a door during a dramatic action moment.

"She was a little over-exuberant and slammed the door on her finger," TMZ was told.

The middle finger suffered the worst of the injury as the tendon was nearly severed. She also fractured the tip of her ring finger. Rousey was taken by ambulance to a San Diego hospital for treatment. Her middle finger was reportedly repaired with a bolt and screws.

Rousey reportedly never broke character during the incident and returned to work the next day.

As noted last week, Rousey has signed on for a new role in the hit first responders drama from Fox. She stars as firefighter Lena Bosko, a character that was described as a stoic and fearless member of the Los Angeles Fire Department Station #136, who leaps into action to save lives when a disaster hits. The third season of 9-1-1 will premiere on Monday, September 23 at 8pm ET on Fox.

Rousey, who remains signed to WWE and a member of the RAW roster, is currently taking time away from the company. She left after WrestleMania 35 and has said she was taking time off to expand her family with husband Travis Browne.

Says she went back to work the next day. Maybe not fighting or wrestling, but sounds like she went right back to acting which is insane. I wonder how if at all this might affect her turn time. It's always cool to see how the entertainment industry can work around issues like this. I remember reading that Kit Harington (Jon Snow) filmed part of a season with a broken leg, and so he had body doubles for a lot of scenes involving him walking, and then there were a lot of shots where he was sitting down so that the leg could be hidden from view.

When to expect The Usos to return 

The Usos haven’t been seen on WWE television for a little while. It seems that they disappeared shortly after Jimmy Uso’s latest DUI arrest.

The Usos weren’t allowed to make a trip to Canada for Summerslam and sine then they have remained absent from WWE television.

While the brothers sit at home fans are starting to wonder when they will be making a return. Brad Shepard reports that we should expect to see Jimmy and Jey Uso back in a WWE ring soon enough because they’re expected back by SmackDown’s move to Fox on October 4th.

We’re sending nothing but positivity for The Usos. Hopefully, this time off will do them well. There is still no word on Naomi who has been out of action since July.

Hopefully this time away from TV has given them some time to reflect on their choices outside of the ring. I imagine the next DUI either of them get especially if it's within the next year the reaction won't be able to be looked over. Especially now that WWE are hosting driving safely commercials on their social media.
That aside i'm happy to see them being kept away from the current mess the tag team division is in. Returning fresh with the brand split returning and maybe even put back on Smackdown would be great for them. WWE somehow already ran the Revival rivalry dry early.

During an appearance on Edge and Christian's podcast, Sheamus discussed his hiatus from WWE due to neck issues and how his YouTube workout channel has kept him busy. Sheamus noted that he's still not sure when WWE will bring him back but he's staying in shape in case he gets the call: 

"That's how I've stayed relevant, just by changing the look a little bit, as opposed to where I'm at now. I don't really know what the crack is. I'm still waiting. I'm just, again, enjoying my time. Like, it's very hard for me to sit at home all the time, but that's why the channel has been a saving grace as well. It's kind of my passion away from the ring and I've really enjoyed doing all these workouts and, again, everybody has been so generous, WWE Superstars, men and women, have also been so generous with their time on the channel. But I don't really know what the story is as of right now. I'm still kind of in the dark about it, but I'm just training away like I'm trying to stay in the best shape I possibly can. A) because the channel is there and I'm working out all the time, but also because it is very important just to stay ready just no matter what happens." 

Its great that this seems like its a "we have nothing for you scenario" rather than Sheamus being injured and not being able to compete, especially considering the neck issues he has faced recently. I think Sheamus is at that stage in his career where he will forever be a solid mid-card Heel who can step up into a Main Event program which is great to help out any upcoming star on the roster. Hopefully we do see the Celtic Warrior back in the ring soon 

Drew McIntyre Out Of Action With Minor Injury
Image result for Drew McIntyre

WWE star Drew McIntyre is not backstage at Madison Square Garden, the second week he has not been at WWE TV.

The word making the rounds among talents is that McIntyre underwent a minor surgery to help fix a lingering injury after the recent Mexico loop.  We are told the idea was to get the surgery out of the way so he's ready and healthy going into WWE's TV in October and the build towards the 2020 Wrestlemania seaaon.

The word is he should be back as soon as WWE doctors clear him, which may be as soon as the next set of TV tapings.  We are told McIntyre is ready to return already and it's WWE'S call as to when that will be.