WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

WWE Hall Of Famer "Superstar" Billy Graham Hospitalized After Suffering Heart Attack
Image result for Billy Graham Hospitalized After Suffering Heart Attack

WWE Hall of Famer "Superstar" Billy Graham took to Facebook earlier today and announced that he has just returned home from being hospitalized. Graham revealed that he had been at the Mayo Clinic after suffering a heart attack.

You can read his full Facebook post below:

Heart Issues

"Hey fans, I am back home from the Mayo Clinic Hospital. I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. I need rest right now but by this coming Sunday evening I will give all my Facebook fans an in-depth report on the status of my heart. All I will say for now is that I have suffered a heart attack and am in constant heart failure. I am of course on medications for my heart and will be for the remainder of my life. I am keeping the faith and will fight !!! Superstar Billy Graham"

As we reported last week, Edge announced that he is leaving his podcast, which he co-hosts with Christian, due to family reasons.

The announcement, along with Edge getting physical for the first time in eight years by delivering a spear to Elias at SummerSlam this past August, led to some speculation that Edge might return to the ring, especially with WWE returning to Saudi Arabia later this month for Crown Jewel 2019 on October 31st.

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Edge, who will be turning 46 at the end of the month, negotiated a significant new deal with WWE by playing them against AEW. It was noted that there has been talk privately in WWE about Edge wrestling again, although it's not known if he will be cleared. People in the WWE creative team are under the belief that Edge will never be cleared to wrestle again.

During an episode of the E&C Pod of Awesomeness back in August, Edge claimed that he could probably wrestle again tomorrow, although WWE would likely not allow it.

"To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow," Edge stated. "And I might be blown up, but I'd be okay. It's just from what I know with the WWE medical staff, they won't allow it."

Steve Austin has been another name whose name has been rumored regarding a potential in-ring return. Podcast One sent out a press release last week featuring a quote from Austin's podcast where Austin, who is now 54, said that he could have another match "in theory." Despite Austin making similar comments in the past, the remarks gained some steam with the Saudi Arabia event coming up.

"For the last couple of weeks, down there at the RAW reunion in Tampa, down there at the Madison Square Garden show at Monday Night RAW - people always ask me, 'Hey man, you're still in really good shape. You got one more match left in you?' And I tell them, 'Man.' I say, 'You know, it's a tough thing to think about.' Physically, would I be able to have one more match? Yes, most definitely, and I could make it to that match without being injured," Austin said. "Although the risks are always there, just because I think all of the surgeries, I had? where I had the spinal stenosis, and getting that bone spur taken off my spinal cord ? I'm in a good place. Nerves are feeling a lot better than they use to. So, you know, in theory, could I have a match? In theory, yes."

According to The Observer, there is nothing to any rumors of Austin wrestling on the Saudi Arabia show. Austin is not booked for the Saudi Arabia show, and Meltzer noted that it is not expected to change.

WrestlingInc.com

If Austin feels he can do one more match and he feels it won't ruin his legacy (I.E. Shawn Michaels it) then he should go for it as long as the match is worth it and it actually achieves something then thats fine. Edge on the other hand is a massive no, there is no way in hell that man should ever step in the ring again. There was talk of him becoming paralysed if he ever wrestled again a few years ago and the fact that its even being suggested to me is a horrible idea. 

Naomi Provides Update On Her Status
Image result for Naomi Provides Update On Her Status

It has been quite a while since we’ve seen Naomi on WWE television. Apart from three live show appearances, Naomi was last seen in July on Raw during a Fatal 4-Way match which determined the number one contender for the Raw Women’s Championship. The other three competitors in the match were Alexa Bliss, Carmella, and the winner Natalya. Her last overall WWE appearance was at 22 July on WWE Main Event where she defeated Sarah Logan. She has been absent from the ring since then.

Naomi addressed this absence on her Twitter where she revealed that she has been dealing with issues lately. She stated that she has recently lost a loved one and is dealing with her own health issues.

She wrote, “I’ve faced some trying times the past few months…losing a loved one so dear to me (rocked me to my core) & handling my own health issues I wasn’t aware of forced me to slow down & reevaluate…I want my loving fans to know that I’m ok and will be back when the time is right.”

I truly hope that Steve Austin never wrestles again. I've always considered his final match against The Rock as the most perfect way any superstar has ended their in ring career and it would be a shame to come back for another match that would be impossible to have this same importance and emotion as Wrestlemania 19.

I saw this report earlier but both quotes here just seem like nothingness to me, just news websites trying to get a topic out. Of course, with the Saudi shows paying big money, it is more likely nowadays that legends come out of retirement than it used to be but we already knew that.

If we've learned anything from Daniel Bryan or Paige currently, WWE does not mess around with clearing wrestlers these days. While they may go back and give huge offers to acts who had previously retired, they're not just going to clear someone with a serious injury because of money. Even as they have Hogan and Flair tease their fiftieth return on RAW. So i'm going to hold off by expecting anything and take it was a small rumour. We've seen Austin speculation for years now especially.

Even if it’s one match, I’d be happy for him. Being able to have your last match at Wrestlemania as World Heavyweight Champion is a picture perfect moment but this way e’ll finally get to go out on his terms. He’s one of my all time favourites and i'd be excited to see it. If i could pick seeing them reignite the Seth Rollins feud after his threat at a curb stomp years ago would be fun. Of course Daniel Bryan would be a dream feud but while I'm imaging them putting on some amazing match, i can also imagine the live audience just looks worried as hell the whole match at ring side. But as i said, grain of salt for now.

At first I thought her taking a break had to do with the Usos DUI trouble or maybe a minor injury that had gone unreported. But it looks like she was going through personal pain, which is good that she was able to get the time to grieve and collect.. Hope she works things out and comeback back better long term. Goes to show again you never truly know what they wrestlers are dealing with and are still human. She's actually been gone for a pretty long time and I haven't really seen much of a comment about it compared to other talents which might show how easily it is to be lost in the mass numbers of talent in the company if you're not towards the top of the pack.

Friday, a report was released that stated that Edge was medically cleared to return to in-ring competition for the WWE. After rumors began to spread about the superstar possibly making a comeback, the man himself took to social media to seemingly deny the rumor. In a tweet posted Friday night, Edge simply said that “No I’m not and no I’m not,” which can only be referring to the report. For now, it seems as if his time in the ring is still over. 

WrestleZone.com

PWInsider: Minor update on Edge situation
"Was in Pittsburgh for  WWE business...Pittsburgh is where Dr. Joseph Maroon, the head of WWE's Medical, is headquartered. So, stay tuned."

WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland was in Pittsburgh, PA today on what we are told was WWE business. There's been a lot of talk lately about Copeland returning to the ring for special appearances, but Copeland had seemingly shut that down on Twitter. Then, today, he was in Pittsburgh, where Dr. Joseph Maroon, the head of WWE's Medical, is headquartered. So, stay tuned.

WWE will kick off the Draft this Friday at the Friday Night Smackdown taping in Las Vegas with personalities from FOX and NBC Universal appearing to help draft WWE personalities to Raw and Smackdown. The word we are hearing is that once the Draft is done, there will be very little crossing over from one brand to another beyond WWE PPVs. The Draft will conclude on this Monday's Raw.

There’s a good reason why you haven’t seen Samoa Joe on WWE television lately.

As reported by PW Insider, the heavyweight wrestling star has been out of commission lately due to a broken thumb. That obviously isn’t a serious injury, and he is expected to compete again as soon as it heals up and he can be medically cleared. There’s currently no timetable for his return, but don’t expect Joe to be out for all that long. 

With the WWE Draft happening on Friday, we might see Samoa Joe make a big impact on either SmackDown or RAW in the future.

WrestleZone.com

Part of me wants WWE to pull the trigger and have Samoa Joe become a more consistent monster heel, he has the skills to be able to fill that role for the company while he can over him losing due to  roll ups that make him look complacent. But then he accidentally gets injured on a frequent basis which lets me see why it hasn't happened. WWE seems to have a very long memory when it comes to guys who get injured at inopportune times. Unless you're a Megastar, already, it usually derails whatever push was in store, and puts them at the very back of the line when they come back. Hope that isn't the case with Joe.

Cain Velasquez WWE Future Already In Jeopardy Due To Surgery
image.png

Cain Velasquez only debuted on SmackDown last week, but it looks like any plans for a lengthy run with WWE are already in jeopardy.

One thing many watching will have noticed (other than the fact that no-one in the audience knew who he was) was that he was wearing a pretty hefty leg brace and seemed to be limping slightly.

Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer revealed that Velasquez needs to undergo surgery and will be out for several months.

“They could do Cain [at WrestleMania vs Brock Lesnar] you know do a one and one, Cain gets the surgery and comes back, but if Cain gets the surgery I’m not sure he’s back — if he gets full reconstructive surgery on that knee… let’s say he gets it in November, he’s missing Mania for sure, not even a chance. Maybe he can get minor surgery and be back… maybe.”

There is still speculation that Velasquez will be making his in-ring debut at the upcoming Crown Jewel show in Saudi Arabia, but this will likely be confirmed one way or another on SmackDown in the coming weeks.

Well it really sucks for Joe but he is at a point where his career will be starting to slow down eventually. I kinda feel he is the type of guy WWE should have got in way sooner.

When it comes to Cain, well this could explode back on there faces. Pretty sure the only reason they had Brock win the title back was to do this marquee match to please Fox Executives. Now it might not even happen.

Well, dont really know what to say to this news, besides rip. As Alex said, most likely the main reason Brock won the WWE Championship was for this match at Crown Jewel. And it might not even happen now, it really does suck. Not just for those two, but for Kofi aswell. His title reign was cut short, for something that may not even happen. It must leave a sour taste in his mouth. 

Drew McIntrye Returning on Smackdown?

Drew McIntyre is currently in Las Vegas for tonight's WWE Draft edition of SmackDown from the T-Mobile Arena. WWE announced earlier this week that McIntyre would be included in the Draft Pool that would make him eligible for selection on tonight's SmackDown, instead of Monday's RAW.

McIntyre, currently on the RAW roster, was backstage for last Friday's SmackDown FOX premiere but he did not appear. That was his first time being backstage in a few weeks now. It was noted last week that McIntyre was ready to return to the ring, but was still waiting on WWE doctors to clear him. There's no word yet on if he's been cleared for in-ring action. McIntyre recently underwent an operation to repair a lingering injury that came up after his recent promotional tour of Mexico. The idea was to get the surgery out of the way, so McIntyre would be ready for the fall TV push and the build to WrestleMania 36 season. It was speculated that he could be kept off TV until the Draft.

Source Wrestlinginc.net

Damn, how great this would be. Correct me if I was wrong, I believe the last time we saw Drew last as a singles competitor on Smackdown was late 2010. So if he is coming back to Smackdown, first off it would be great. Especially for his career, because he wouldnt be lost as easily, as he has been on Raw as of recent. Future WWE champion most likely. Really excited about tonight, should be loads of fun.