BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Ryan Reeves

Official WWE Returns and Injuries Discussion

Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that top NXT UK star Ilja Dragunov is dealing with an injury.

As a result, the Russian-born Dragunov was forced to pull himself from wrestling shows that he had been advertised to perform at this week.

There is no word on what exact injury Ilja has suffered and how long he will be out of action for

Update on Samoa Joe injury and role in WWE!

Despite getting good reviews on commentary, Samoa Joe is expected to resume his in-ring career with WWE once he is recovered from his broken thumb. Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com noted the following regarding Joe:

"When asked about if Joe would be permanent in the role because he has been so strong in it, the reaction was that they consider him too valuable as a talent right now and he’s only there until his hand injury heals."

Joe’s next medical evaluation date is reportedly set for December 30th.

Joe wasn't on the November 25th episode of RAW because he was already scheduled for the November 26th edition of WWE Backstage in Los Angeles.

Source - NoDQ.com

I have to agree with Aaron here, I see Lars Sullivan returning at the rumble, cleaning house. Not winning but looking very good that night. Then probs have a big monster storyline for him down the road. I really dont want to see him wasted yet again, so hopefully they do indeed have something for him this time around. 

I'm a really big fan of Lars Sullivan, he's a genuine monster who could legitimately be a top heel in the company so him returning is a very exciting prospect. His start on the Main Roster has been a disaster so hopefully this is just a real fresh start for the big man. He has tons of potential so hopefully we get to see him around Rumble time which then leads to a solid Mania program for the Freak 

Piper Niven Suffers Bout Of Bell’s Palsy

WWE star Piper Niven, who is scheduled to compete at NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool II on January 12th, announced on Twitter that she’s been dealing with a bout of the facial paralysis known as Bell’s Palsy:.
Bell's Palsy is a condition commonly known for weakening facial muscles. It can appear on one side of the face, making it appear that your face is drooping. The exact cause is unknown. The most notable person in wrestling who has suffered from it is AEW announcer Jim Ross.
Niven later might light of the situation, stating, "On the plus side, I can now do a pretty smashing people's eyebrow for the first time in my life so there's that. ??" Niven most recently wrestled on NXT UK last month, defeating Jinny.  

Luckily it's not a life threatening disease or even one that would take someone out of action for more than a week or 2. She might have a hard time not slurring her words for a bit, and they may take her out if she has to take steroids to help get the muscles to work again her face. I feel it’s much more mental than anything. It’s pretty shocking to wake up to one side being paralysed. However, with work, it’ll get better and i hope her career continue its same trajectory.

It's a shame really. The few times I've been watching NXT UK, I've seen her moving up the rankings and making a great impression in the Women's division and I believe is a strong favorite of winning the NXT UK Women's Championship from Kay Lee Ray down the road soon and I see pulling a excellent performance against Ray and Storm at Blackpool II. And hopefully her recovery from the paralyzed facial features goes well. 

Arius bringing up the fear of waking up without the ability to move your face is a scary thought. You don't know what it could be. Could be Bell's Palsy, could be a stroke, could be anything, and the moments before finding out could be the scariest thing in the world. But I see her doing well with the treatment and hopefully it goes nowhere serious. 

Randy Orton Injury Update Following WWE Live Event Scare

As noted, it was believed that WWE RAW Superstar Randy Orton suffered some sort of leg or knee injury during Sunday's live event in Hershey, PA, as he wrestled AJ Styles. The match was stopped and Orton was helped to the back by trainers.

WWE issued an update today and acknowledged unconfirmed reports of the leg injury, and noted that Orton is undergoing a medical evaluation.

Below is the full announcement on Orton:

"Randy Orton undergoes medical evaluation following WWE Live Event
Amid various unconfirmed reports that Randy Orton sustained a leg injury during a match at WWE's Live Event in Hershey, Pa., on Sunday night, WWE.com has learned that the 13-time World Champion is undergoing a medical evaluation. The extent of any potential injuries suffered by Orton is not yet known."

Pwinsider.com reported on Tuesday that Ruby Riott was spotted this morning at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. 

It should be noted that she still has quite some time before she can make a return to in-ring action. The belief is that she was likely at the Performance Center in order for WWE doctors to monitor her progress towards being cleared to return. 

Riott has been out of action since last May as she underwent successful surgery of a “bilateral injury” to her right shoulder and the same surgery on her left shoulder last August. 

The belief is that she won’t be back in action until later this year.

Wrestlezone.com

It looks like Edge could be making a ‘royal’ return to WWE after all.

A source speaking with Wrestlezone recently said Edge will make his in-ring return, and we can expect to see him as an entrant in the 2020 Men’s Royal Rumble match. No other details were shared about if this is a one-off appearance or if we could see him return for more, but the source noted Edge in the Rumble match is a ‘lock’ and that he’s currently tabbed as a very early entrant in the match.

The ‘Rated R Superstar’ has denied he is returning to the ring in the past, most recently tweeting he was “still not” returning after a report attributed to PWInsider.com said Edge had been in Pittsburgh for ‘WWE business’, which led to speculation he was working on getting cleared. Later, PWInsider’s Mike Johnson reported Edge signed a new deal with WWE that has a pretty nice upside and believed it wasn’t just a Legends deal to do promos, adding he believed there was “more smoke to the fire” when it came to seeing Edge back in the ring.

Edge has been retired from in-ring competition since 2011 due to cervical spinal stenosis but has made sporadic appearances for WWE over the years, including when he speared Elias at this year’s Summerslam. Edge later spoke about that segment on an August episode of his “Pod Of Awesomeness” podcast and said he feels good enough where he thinks he could have a match ‘tomorrow.’ He went on to explain that WWE clearing him would obviously be a hurdle, but cited his physical acting work in the past eight years led him to believe he was healthy enough for one more match.

The 2020 Royal Rumble takes place on Sunday, January 26 from Minute Maid Park in Houston.

Wrestlezone.com

A lot has changed since Edge retired weirdly enough. People are making tons of money, there are Saudi paydays, Vince has caved on his whole 'full time or nothing' schedule that he used to offer everyone back then. There's something called a 'Brock schedule' now and an 'Orton contract' which allows limited work for maximum pay.
The more these rumours continue for an Edge return the more i can think this might actually happen and we could see him be a part time attraction similar to Lesnar, Goldberg, Cena ect. When Edge retired, a lot of wrestlers said they were working with necks that were in a lot worse shape, but didn't have the financial ability to just retire like Edge did. So yeah, getting in the ring is always a risk but it's risk vs reward, and if you can get a really nice reward for working less dates in a year than you used to work in a month, are healthy enough to be cleared, then sometimes it's worth it? Especially if you can go out on your terms versus being forced to retire due to an injury. Hearing that theme song again would be a rush.

Ember Moon Details How She Suffered Her Achilles Injury

Ember Moon has revealed how she suffered her unfortunate Achilles injury back in September 2019. The SmackDown Superstar caught up with Booker T on an episode of his podcast, The Hall of Fame, where she addressed the situation that led to her injury—one that involved the WWE 24/7 Championship.

Moon recalled being asked by WWE to take part in a “24/7 title run” as Carmella had won the championship the night before. She admitted that she was fine with being a part of the segment, but confessed that she had a “bad feeling” going into it. Being a self-confessed team player, however, Moon was still willing to take part.

“We do the run through and I told Truth, I was like, ‘Truth, you better run, I’m gonna catch you, Truth. If I catch you, I’m tackling you and you’re going down.’ And so when we actually did it, I literally caught them right before we went through the curtain,” she said. “So they go through the curtain and they didn’t realize how close I was behind them. As I’m coming through, the curtain shuts, I open it, go through. Truth is dropping Carmella and I’m going full speed and I had to hit the brakes. I was just like, ‘whoah,’ BOOM, and I felt a pop.”

Whislt rehabbing and recovering away from in-ring competition, Ember Moon revealed during a previous appearance on WWE Backstage that she has accepted a coaching opportunity. Moon has been away from the ring dealing with this injury since her last television appearance on the September 23rd episode of Monday Night RAW.

Sad how a throwaway 24/7 segment was the cause of her injury. I wonder if that is why the segments have died down in their chaos as of late? You don't see many or any running across the stadium moments these days. An Achilles tear usually isn't a sudden injury like a torn quad or an ACL injury, it's usually the accumulation of wear and tear. You'll see a lot immediately after someone tears an Achilles, they look and reach back because it feels like somebody hit them when in fact it's the tendon rolling up back in the leg. Injuries are unpredictable like that. Remember Jeff Hardy was jumping off ladders and cages through tables for 25 years with no major injuries Then Jeff Hardy decides to ride his dirtbike at home for 5 minutes and ends up with broken legs.

Kairi Sane, who has been out of action since being injured at the WWE TLC PPV, returned to action at Friday night's live event in Lafayette, LA. Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Natalya picked up a victory over The Kabuki Warriors and Sarah Logan.

This probably won’t mean a full return I don’t think but rather is then and her testing the waters so to speak to see if she’s back to 100% but it is still good to see her back in the ring nonetheless and I hope she comes back stronger than before and I have no doubt she will and I do also see the injury having the chance to do some good for her as if they choose to they can use that fact she got concussed and kept fighting as the base for a really big push, she’s definitely deserving of one but if nothing else that fact is something we should and I believe all of us here do respect.