WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bashka

[XFL] Xtreme Football League Discussion

Personally I'm not fully against it. Times have changed, theres some backlash right now towards the NFL and I think competition is always good. It will never be the same quality or standard that the NFL has and that's okay. It just needs to find its own purpose and niche, offer something unique and start with a bang. From the sounds of it, this is what they're trying to do, its looking promising early on. Going away from the "Xtreme" style in a way is a good idea. Keeping the XFL name is probably not, since it has a negative attatchment to their previous run, but it is an existing brand. Yes I would rather Vince focus on making WWE better because lets be honest its been poor for years now. But as an aspiring business person, I can't ever criticize someone from having a crack and trying to rival a sporting giant. With social media being what it is, the XFL can thrive without the need for major media outlets to put it over and push it to its audience. Even without the strongest network deal, it can still be streamed or accesed worldwide, which will help greatly. Can it suceed? Probably not, but It'll be fun watching the process. I don't watch NFL or know much about the sport, but I might just give the XFL a shot, or at least keep my eye on it.

Vince McMahon announced today at a press conference that the XFL will return in 2020. Here are some highlights from the conference:

* The XFL will feature 8 teams and 49 rosters.

* It will be available on multiple devices.

* There are seven months of the year with no football and now is the time to bring it back.

* They will consider the standard and new way to deliever the programming in terms of cable or on a network like WWE’s network.

* Vince doesn’t believe the XFL will get in his way of his WWE operations and he will still be the head of WWE.

* There will be no crossover from XFL to WWE or vise-versa.

* Vince says he will not be the forefront of the XFL and they will hire someone for that job.

* Vince said he has had this plan for sometime now.

* The league will start early January or February.

* They will announce the cities for the teams at a later date and indicated that they still don’t know the exact cities yet.

* Vince says he has no idea if Donald Trump will support the league. They are going to go where the fans want them to go. Vince says “every city” is on the radar.

* Vince stressed that they are “here to play football.”

* Vince said he doesn’t believe there will be a half-time on their shows. They are trying to have a much faster game and the goal is for two hour games.

* Vince said the XFL documentary play no role in the decision to bring back the league.

* Vince revealed that they had other names in mind for the league but stuck with “XFL” for marketing standpoints.

* Vince couldn’t confirm if they will allow nicknames on jersey’s such as “He Hate Me.” Vince said they will figure that out after they discuss with football experts.

* When asked about broadcasting, networks and announce teams, Vince said it’s still to be determined.

* Vince said that they probably wouldn’t be recycling old team names from the former XFL.

* Vince doesn’t want criminals playing for the league, so even if you have a DUI you can’t play for any of the teams.

* The XFL will have a set of rules that athletes will have to abide by.

* Vince thanked everyone for listening in.

Any predictions for where the 8 teams will be? I think they'll have 4 on each coast. Maybe:

East:

• New York/New Jersey
    • Obvious tie-in because it's the biggest market in America and WWE HQ is close to it
  • Florida
    • Not sure where in Florida, but places like Orlando can definitely field a team, especially being close to the Orlando Magic and Disneyworld.
  • Philadelphia/Pittsburgh
    • Most hardcore fans in any area but may be tied into the NY metropolitan market.
  • Toronto
    • For the risky pick, the XFL could ring in a huge Canadian following by putting a team up there. Toronto has the name value and fan base there.

West:

• Chicago
    • Big time city and hardcore fans for any sport
  • Texas
    • From San Antonio to El Paso, there are tons of places in Texas to put a pro football team. Could even be 2 teams if Vince isn't creative.
  • California
    • Like Texas, plenty of places to put a team. Large area with large fanbase potential.
  • Mexico City
    • Proven to enjoy pro football via the NFL's adventures down there, the XFL could really stretch across all of North America.

Other Possible Locations:

• Minnesota/Wisconsin
    • Big time fans, don't think so because of Vikings AND Packers in the area.
  • Michigan
    • Too many big-time football teams (Lions and all of the Michigan colleges) to support.
  • Vancouver, Toronto, Ontario, Quebec City
    • Toronto is more popular
  • London
    • Too far away from other cities
  • Nebraska, Colorado
    • Not enough fans
  • The Bible Belt
    • Enough football teams, but not surprised of one of the states get a squad.

I believe the smartest thing to do would be to focus on places which do not have a NFL team in the area. You aren't going to compete with the NFL, but if you want to be succesfull you should look for places where there might be interest in a football team. Ofcourse it could lead to issues with stadiums and such, but I believe it would benefit them. How much interest is there in another football team for a smaller league which only lasted 1 season the first time? Not having a football team could make people tempted to go there, maybe a place like San Diego. I believe that if they go for the main places with the biggest fans but plently of football teams in the area, whether it will be NFL or college, that it will fail. Why root for this new team when you have been rooting for another team for so long? Why buy tickets for this new team? It just seems like the obvious way to go to me, you can't convince me any place with football fans as a team close already.

6 minutes ago, Monda said:

Any predictions for where the 8 teams will be? I think they'll have 4 on each coast. Maybe:

East:

• New York/New Jersey
    • Obvious tie-in because it's the biggest market in America and WWE HQ is close to it
  • Florida
    • Not sure where in Florida, but places like Orlando can definitely field a team, especially being close to the Orlando Magic and Disneyworld.
  • Philadelphia/Pittsburgh
    • Most hardcore fans in any area but may be tied into the NY metropolitan market.
  • Toronto
    • For the risky pick, the XFL could ring in a huge Canadian following by putting a team up there. Toronto has the name value and fan base there.

West:

• Chicago
    • Big time city and hardcore fans for any sport
  • Texas
    • From San Antonio to El Paso, there are tons of places in Texas to put a pro football team. Could even be 2 teams if Vince isn't creative.
  • California
    • Like Texas, plenty of places to put a team. Large area with large fanbase potential.
  • Mexico City
    • Proven to enjoy pro football via the NFL's adventures down there, the XFL could really stretch across all of North America.

Other Possible Locations:

• Minnesota/Wisconsin
    • Big time fans, don't think so because of Vikings AND Packers in the area.
  • Michigan
    • Too many big-time football teams (Lions and all of the Michigan colleges) to support.
  • Vancouver, Toronto, Ontario, Quebec City
    • Toronto is more popular
  • London
    • Too far away from other cities
  • Nebraska, Colorado
    • Not enough fans
  • The Bible Belt
    • Enough football teams, but not surprised of one of the states get a squad.

I think New York, Chicago and a texas team are locks. I'd do a LA team as well. What markets are missing a NFL team? They should try and capitalise on a couple of those for the remaining teams.

7 hours ago, BrendenPlayz said:

I think New York, Chicago and a texas team are locks. I'd do a LA team as well. What markets are missing a NFL team? They should try and capitalise on a couple of those for the remaining teams.

I definitely agree. If they wanna have a successful league then NYC, Chicago, Dallas and LA are locks. Especially now that NFL has relocated two teams to LA themselves I think they should capitalize in areas that they once were, which happen to be San Diego and St Louis. I would put one in Portland maybe, Also maybe San Antonio if they want. 

Since we're on the topic of where the cities should be, I'll put my two cents in here.

I do NOT think the XFL should put a team in LA and NYC, as they already have multiple NFL teams in those areas and it would be very tough to gain fans in those places, especially NYC.

I DO think the XFL should put a team in places like San Diego, St. Louis, Oakland, and San Antonio/Austin. Big places with football ready stadiums (Chargers old Stadium, Rams old Stadium, Oakland's current stadium, and the Alamodome).

I do NOT think the XFL should put teams with current GOOD NFL teams in it, or places with teams with devoted fanbases, places like Boston, Green Bay, Minneapolis, and Philly.

I DO think the XFL should put teams in places with current failing NFL franchises with undevoted fanbases. Places like Cleveland, Chicago, and Washinigton.

And finally, I think the XFL should put a team in Las Vegas to fight directly with the WWE in the Sin City. This is a risk as you'd be putting a team in Vegas the same year Oakland is scheduled to put their team there for the first year. But if Oakland has a bad year in their first year in Vegas, and the Vegas XFL team does better. That could successfully take the football fans in Vegas' alliegences off of the Raiders, and instead on that XFL team, stealing the Raiders' fanbase from the NFL.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, BrendenPlayz said:

as @SummerGamz said, St. Louis and San Diego would be very smart places to put teams. Both recently lost their team. Maybe Oakland as well, but that's too close to SD. One of the other. Looking away from NFL cities, biggest markets I can think of is Salt Lake City (MLS and NBA teams), Alabama, and Oklahoma City (NBA)

The wait is almost over! This coming Wednesday, Dec. 5, we unveil our eight cities and the venues we will play in for our inaugural season in 2020.

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1068207994612019200

The XFL is set to make a big announcement next week to reveal the eight cities that will host teams, but it appears the final list has been posted early.

According to a new listing on the league website, the following cities / regions will host teams in the inaugural season of the rebooted XFL in 2020:

- Dallas
- Houston
- Los Angeles
- New York
- St. Louis
- Seattle
- Tampa Bay
- Washington, DC

The first XFL location, which emerged this week, will be neither an NFL nor an AFL city. The next seven will all be cities in which the NFL currently plays.

According to a post on the Wrestle Zone blog, the XFL inadvertently posted a list of all eight teams. The link provided to the XFL page currently contains no such information; instead, there’s a video announcing that an announcement is coming on December 5.

Per the report, the cities (in addition to St. Louis) are Dallas, Houston, L.A., New York, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington.

It’s a bold move by a bold man who resurrected the XFL, dropping teams directly into seven cities currently served by more than 25 percent of the NFL’s current teams. And it will require a fan base that already is largely loyal to one NFL team (or, in the case of L.A., all 32 of them) to embrace a minor-league team that plays in non-football season.

The wild-card here will be the legalization of gambling. Which makes Tampa a somewhat surprising choice, given the results of a ballot initiative that will make it much harder to have legalized wagering in Florida. Although people obviously will be able bet on Tampa games in states where wagering is legal, any live, in-game, in-stadium betting won’t happen in Tampa unless and until Florida legalizes wagering.

Regardless, the XFL will return in 2020, 19 years after its initial one-year experiment. And it won’t be competing with the AAF, at least not on the local level.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Not really sure how this will turn out. The no criminal record part is sort of stupid, but I can see where they're coming from. That more turns the wheels of situation. The real question is who would want to end up there? Undrafted kids could, but then there are the ones that are past their prime or total busts. I'm excited to see this unfold, but as Ubisoft has taught me, plans don't always lead to action.

Vince hyping up the new teams and talking about how big the stadiums are. Does he really think he can fill 60k seats? Football is big but I'm only thinking st Louis could be the major market here. Elsewhere they have their teams. 10k seats filled would be a surprise to me. To think they can fill out stadiums is crazy. The Washington 20k stadium seems optimistic enough.

6 minutes ago, The Crippler said:

I think they could fill up stadiums. Vince is an expert at marketing, as well as the fact that SeatGeek exists. Plus they are going after relatively bigger markets.

Fair enough. I just dont know if the quality of football will be attractive enough. There will be die hard and skeptics but can it sustain long-term viewers. Sport has a hard enough time getting fans as it is. They need a strong opening 2 weeks or it could be curtains again.

19 minutes ago, BrendenPlayz said:

Fair enough. I just dont know if the quality of football will be attractive enough. There will be die hard and skeptics but can it sustain long-term viewers. Sport has a hard enough time getting fans as it is. They need a strong opening 2 weeks or it could be curtains again.

A lot of these guys will be from the NFL or NCAA, so I think that there will be at least some viewers, especially during a time in which people crave for an absent sport in football. 

3 hours ago, The Crippler said:

The no criminal record part is sort of stupid

"If you have any sort of criminal record or commit a crime you aren't playing in this league." 
I feel this is definitely going to be something they wish they hadn't said going forward. I understand from a publicity side they didn't want to be seen as the alternative for those with a record but at the same time good players exist with minor offences for nothing harmful and that could be a barrier.  I think this will be scaled back to just looking at things like assault and domestic violence charges. Maybe they will explain more as time goes on.

What's impressed me while watching the 30 for 30 XFL documentary and other accounts is for all the failures of the league is that the NFL adopted a lot from the XFL production wise through sky cam, basically getting more angles and putting microphones everywhere from coaches to players. 

I actually don't watch the NFL regularly but this has me curious enough because of it's history to give it go. If the XFL can compete with the salaries in the NFL (and the smaller leagues) that will change the landscape.

23 hours ago, The Crippler said:

Not sure if they can compete with NFL salaries, but probably CFL salaries and other smaller leagues

I'd say that top tier players might get close to a million dollar contracts. I don't know about investors but I would guess they have a few hundred million to spend on the league. Maybe 10 million dollars could go into player salaries for each team. They can't compete with the NFL and never will but it can be a nice alternative for fringe players who missed the draft.