WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bashka

[XFL] Xtreme Football League Discussion

23 hours ago, The Crippler said:

Not sure if they can compete with NFL salaries, but probably CFL salaries and other smaller leagues

At first I think salaries wont be a proble. The league will be filled with people trying to prove themselves. If some become stars then the league will benefit, and therefore higher salaries will be possible.

7 minutes ago, Bart said:

At first I think salaries wont be a proble. The league will be filled with people trying to prove themselves. If some become stars then the league will benefit, and therefore higher salaries will be possible.

That's a good point. Initially players will want the spotlight. Ultimately every player will have a NFL out In there contract. If they play well and make a splash they will get signed by a low level NFL team. That's the purpose for most players here. Low tiers players will appreciate the cash. Ultimately it's about getting to the NFL for cash.

So those who don't usually watch American football. Does the XFL being resurrected and the connection to Vince McMahon have you curious to at least check out the first game if it's available to you? Even if through online. 
I completely missed the XFL the first time around so it only existed through mockery and jokes until the documentary was released the other year. I think i'm actually willing to give the first game a go through just to see what Vince has in mind for his vision once again. 

XFL Strikes TV Deals With Fox and Disney

The XFL will broadcast half their games on ABC and Fox, the league announced on Monday.

The spring football league hopes to do better than its predecessor, the Alliance of American Football, which shut down its operations last month and face a bevy of lawsuits.

“We are thrilled to partner with ESPN and FOX Sports, two innovative media companies with extensive experience in world-class football production that will undoubtedly help us reimagine football,” said Vince McMahon, XFL Founder & Chairman. “The XFL broadcast schedule provides us with incredible reach and makes it easy for fans to watch our games consistently every weekend.”

There will be no rights fees paid by the networks, but both ESPN and Fox will hold the streaming rights to games and will handle cross-promotion plus the selling of advertisements.

The XFL's season will start on Feb. 8, just six days after Super Bowl LIV, which will be held at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida. Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington D.C. have already been awarded franchises for the XFL.

“We look forward to showcasing the XFL on ESPN and ABC, including the kickoff game and championship during the league’s inaugural season,” said Burke Magnus, ESPN Executive Vice President, Programming and Scheduling. “Vince McMahon and Oliver Luck are two of the sports industry’s most creative and experienced leaders, and they have exciting plans for this league. We believe in their vision for the XFL, which will be a great addition to our year-round commitment to football.”

Two games will be broadcast live that day, with the first being shown on ABC and the nightcap being shown by Fox. ESPN, ESPN2 and FS1 will also broadcast games throughout the season.

The league's championship is scheduled for April 26 and will be shown on ESPN.

That is huge. There has been some companies coming around and they are popular for about a year, ex: AFL. But this, this has potential. If they do it right, with a deal with DISNEY and FOX is absolute fire. The 8 teams they announced are interesting, and the players I am guessing will be interesting. It is obviously not going to be bigger then the NFL, but for people who do not watch American Football, the NFL is in a serious low point for many reasons. Horrible referees, to many rules, etc. and I think the XFL is going to get some legit viewers and fans, one thing I do not agree with is them getting so many teams that already host NFL teams. They should of gone for some markets that do not have teams currently, but either way I am actually pretty hyped for the start of the XFL.

Can't believe XFL is only a couple of months away. I have a feeling it's gonna be great cuz they're not out to feud with the NFL, i feel like last time that was their biggest mistake and also the fact that they didn't have a lot of good players. Now i have a feeling they could do great because NFL is a bit bigger than it was in the early 2000's.