Latest News
  • Discuss the latest wrestling events!
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

NXT Holding Tryouts For Several Names

PWInsider.com is reporting WWE will be holding a new round of tryouts at the WWE Performance Center this week, and they are reporting the following names have been confirmed for the tryout:

Austin Theory – Current top EVOLVE star

Evan Cloyd –  aka EVOLVE star Jarek 1:20

Nickolaus Barnes – independent wrestler from Arizona and Utah

Alexia Nicole – Canadian independent wrestler

Matt Van Buren – Former UFC and Bellator fighter

David Vieru – A former collegiate wrestler and football player from Oregon

WrestleZone.com 

I did some research and found a bit on these guys:

Evan Markopoulos: Still only 23 but he's been wrestling at a high level since he was 16 or 17. He is the youngest person to ever appear on a TNA taping

Jaxon Stone: former baseball player, turned into pro wrestler. He is most famous for working WxW

Juan Adams: A huge amateur pro wrestler who wrestles for his College, Virginia Military Institute. At one point was #30 amateur wrestler in the country

Todd Clever: Former American Rugby Captain, yes for the national team. Most capped American rugby player in history. First American to play in Super Rugby.

Jarek: Half pro wrestler and half magician. He is known as the first ever illusionist wrestler. He was trained by Brian Kendrick and yet still does street magic and even a few big shows. 

Dom Boulanger: Calls himself the Dominator. His main work is for a promotion called "Torture Chamber Pro Wrestling Dojo" 

Austin Theory: He's probably the most well known out of everyone here. Works in EVOLVE and primarily FIP where he is the current FIP World Champ. I'd advise you watch one of his matches, he's super talented. 

It's always a good thing when more talent gets a chance to sing with the WWE. I'm positive that all of these talents are very excited to get the chance to become a WWE wrestler. I've only seen Austin wrestle, and only a bit, but he seems like a very good talent and it will be interesting to see where all these people end up in say 3 or 4 years.

12 minutes ago, George AK said:

Good to have tryouts for fresh blood, but I don't think that any of these guys will be big in the WWE. I mean try and imagine Roman Reigns, AJ Styles or John Cena facing someone called Todd Clever.

Fun thing is Roman and Cena were just like them and had some crappy names before. You never know what might be in store for them, if WWE wants to they could completely redesign then, so I wouldn't judge the book by his cover.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:39 AM, Bart said:

Fun thing is Roman and Cena were just like them and had some crappy names before. You never know what might be in store for them, if WWE wants to they could completely redesign then, so I wouldn't judge the book by his cover.

Yeah true, I remember when Reigns was called Leakee. I could see Jarek being a main event star as well not gonna lie. Also cause of this I watched a few more Austin Theory matches, he is very talented.