BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Echo Wilson

Black Panther passes 1 billion mark in Global Box Office

Marvel’s Black Panther has now crossed the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office. Directed by Ryan Coogler from a script by Coogler and screenwriter Joe Robert Cole, Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, aka Black Panther, and Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger, with several others rounding out the supporting cast. The film spent 24 years stuck in development hell, but it seems every one of those years was well worth the wait.

Black Panther opened in mid-February to stellar reviews and quickly became one of the highest-rated superhero films of all-time. Plus, it broke numerous pre-sale ticket records leading up to its release. But where Black Panther truly shined was at the worldwide box office. Black Panther passed Deadpool‘s February opening weekend record and also surpassed every weekday record for a Marvel Studios film, but it’s record-breaking run at the box office didn’t stop there. Black Panther passed the $500 million mark at the global box office less than a week after hitting theaters, and it’s already passed the vast majority of Marvel movies at the domestic box office, including Avengers: Age of Ultron. And now, it has crossed yet another major milestone – one that wasn’t considered possible just a few months ago.

via: Screen Rant: https://screenrant.com/black-panther-billion-box-office/

I haven't seen this movie yet but knew it was going to be a huge box office hit simply due to being a Marvel movie and the fact it's about Black Panther which hadn't been as heavily featured as other superheroes in the Marvel Universe (Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor). I do know I'm looking forward to seeing this movie and cannot wait until I finally get the opportunity to see it. I also won't be surprised if there is a sequel with how well everybody is reacting to the film. I was caught by surprise to learn that it spent twenty-four years in development but from the sounds of it was well worth the wait.

‘Black Panther’ has officially become the biggest superhero film in US cinema history.

The Marvel production has overtaken ‘The Avengers’ (2012) - another Marvel production - to become the highest grossing superhero film at the box office, after taking $630.9m (£443.5m) on its sixth weekend of release.

This puts the movie - which stars Chadwick Boseman as the titular hero - at no.5 on the list of the biggest US films of all time, overtaking ‘The Avengers’ and ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’.

It’s on course to go even further according to industry insiders, who believe it still has the legs to overtake ‘Jurassic World’ at No.4 and could even slip ahead of ‘Titanic’, which currently sits at No.3 with box office takings of $659.4m.

Source: HuffingtonPost

Pretty darn crazy achievement by Black Panther here, of course not everyone is going to agree with these accolades but it's amazing to see. Can Infinity War pass it though? Possibly.