Latest News
  • Book Summerslam 2018 for a chance to win TEW2016! Check out the TEW2016 section.
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Monday Night RAW Discussion: April 16th 2018

20180410_SSShakeup_SethFinnNiaCharlotteOrtonJinder--f225912d4bd4c393be383f607c8193c4.jpg

Both brands get shaken up

Who will battle Cesaro & Sheamus at WWE Greatest Royal Rumble on April 27?

Bayley and Sasha Banks settle their differences

Will Ronda Rousey face repercussions after attacking Stephanie McMahon again?

Will Roman Reigns get his hands on Samoa Joe?

What “unfinished business” does Bobby Lashley have in WWE?

I think they were holding back a lot of surprises and big moments from the after Mania RAW for this show,  so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I really hope they actually pull the trigger and makes some big swaps and NXT Call-ups, I am thoroughly convinced that the next big thing in WWE is in NXT right now.

An interesting and pretty exciting episode of RAW with a lot of changes to RAW's Midcard scene. The show started off with something fresh a championship match with Jinder Mahal and Jeff Hardy. I actually enjoyed the match and having Jeff win was a great decision as it adds some legitimacy to the title and I am sure that Jeff could put on good matched with nearly everyone. Bayley and Sasha was pretty decent but it was all setup for the Riott squad to make the switch to RAW. The Riott squad will need some serious rebuilding if they want to be considered a threat at all in the RAW womens division. AOP beat Slater and Rhyno in my opinion Slater and Rhyno got too much offence if they want to build up AOP as a Bludgeon Brothers sort of run. Losing Ellering looks like it may hurt AOP especially with the promos. Hardy and Wyatt vs The Revival was also alright made them challengers for the vacant Raw Tag Team Titles. Ember Moon beat Mickie James. The most notable part of Raw this week was definitely Drew McIntyre returning to the Main Roster and aligning with Ziggler. The Ziggler alignment was questionable but it freshens up both characters. Some other stuff happened in the middle but the Main Event was pretty exciting which had a lot of Star power excluding the Miztourage. The Bobby Roode reveal was lacklustre but it was entertaining at the end. Enjoyable RAW

Mainly a lot of midcard guys changing shows so far. Smackdown didn't lose their biggest names but lost some of their important ones. I think every switch so far has been justified and pretty good. The only one I wasn't sold on was the Riot squad but they have faced all of Smackdowns girls like 10 times already, so I can see why the went with it. Will be interesting to see who leaves RAW tomorrow.

This was a great episode of Raw,  The superstar shake up so has been great.  Raw, got a lot of SD's midcarders.  Lots of their important midcarders as well.  Makes me wonder who is all leaving Raw now.  SD got a lot of talent taken away that were important, they gotta be getting some big raw guys now.  So far we know te miz, but i wonder who else.

A solid way to kick off the show and surprised Hardy won. A NWJ/Mahal feud was teased but isn’t promising. Bayley vs Sasha was good and set up a feud with the Riott Squad. AOP looked dominant but Slater and Rhyno weren’t totally squashed and elsewhere in the Tag division Woken Warriors vs the Bar looked strangely promising after a solid match with the Revival. Ember Moon looked good again and the Women’s Championship scene has 3 women who could pose a serious threat. Reigns/Joe isn’t delivering for me and is just boring. As for the Shakeup Corbin is a good signing and Ziggler and McIntyre will be a great alliance whilst I’m not sure about Natalya being treated so well and being aligned with Ronda. The Tag Title scene was fun with breezango in it and after such a big win I’d love to see them involved in the main title scene. Owens, Zayn and the Miz-Tourage were a great 5 some so it was a shame to see it fall apart and Miz be destroyed.

Hour 1: 4/5 Match of the Hour: Bayley vs Sasha Banks. Superstar of the Hour: Sami Zayn. He made the eMail interesting and is a valuable man for Raw. 

Hour 2: 3/5. Segment of the Hour: Drew and Dolph. Superstars of the Hour: Drew McIntyre. Raws best acquisition and a lot of potential with Ziggler

Hour 3: 4/5. Match of the Hour. Main Event. Superstar of the Hour: Roman Reigns. Becoming better on the mic and is being more idealistic.

Overall: 3.5/5. A show that dipped during its middle hour but saved itself. Match of the Show: Bayley vs Sasha Banks. Superstar of the Hour: Reigns

Thhis was an enjoyable Raw as we had an amazing tribute video for the late and great Bruno Sammartino. Still love this angle between the broken friendship between Sasha Banks and Bayley and im excited to see what is next to come. Ember Moon looked amazing as always and just is an amazing professional athlete. Its good to see Drew and Dolph doing something and on Raw. Similar storys as  tag team both men believe they dont need to prove anything and they dont need to entertain the fans and they are here to be the turning point in WWE. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens now have their own show now that Miz has gone to Smack down and It was very enjoyable and It was cool to see a angle with Kurt Angle maybe starting to evolve. You can see Kurt Angle has started to get uncomfortable in the past couple of weeks as he doesnt want to get attacked like Shane and Daniel previously were on SD Live. The Main event was pretty good as well and it was great to see the Women get a main event again for their hard work. 

Decent RAW with a couple of fun segments and the start of some feuds moving forward. Lashley and Braun as a team would be epic and I feel that this match should have been slotted in the Main Event spot. Gable beating Jinder and Elias beating Roode was good, and Drew and Dolph really look like the real deal. The Main Event was very odd especially with the only thing coming out of it is that Ronda and Mickie seem to be feuding and this very easily could have been put in the middle of the show